PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aloha!

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Anyone in the 50th state?

I'm originally from Maui, went to UH and have been living in California for the last 9 years now.

I'll be back in Honolulu for the week 16 game (12/27) against Jacksonville which I suspect will not be aired on KGMB so where are the sports bars to check out? East Side Grill? That Waikiki sports bar (forget the name)?

Would be cool to meet up with some Pats fans if anyone is interested.

In case anyone comes here looking for info on sports bars in Honolulu to watch the NFL here are a few notes from my recent trip back.

I went to Cheers at the intersection of Ke'eaumoku and King Street. Probably half a mile up from the Ala Moana Shopping Center.

They have NFL Ticket and a bunch of flat panel TVs. They aired the sound for 3 or 4 different games in different parts of the bar and are good about helping you find your game or even changing the channels to accommodate you. It seemed to be a recent change but they had a breakfast buffet for $10.

Earlier in the week I was in Waikiki and stopped by Giovanni Pastrami on Lewers Street next to the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. This place was new and nice however reviews I read all mentioned it being expensive which is what swayed me from going here as well as having to pay for parking on top of that. I believe they have sound boxes though which are very cool as they allow to tune in to any channel of your choice on a portable box that you sit on your table.

On another evening I hung out on Kanpai on Ward Avenue. Typical sports bar, lots of TVs, maybe geared a bit more toward locals than tourists but still fine for anyone.

I was also going to check out the Varsity in Puck's Alley on University Avenue but never got around to it. This location used to be Magoo's that we hung out at often for the cheap beer and good pizza.

That's about all I have for now but if you need other info about Hawaii don't be shy about asking and I'll do my best to help you out.

Lifelong diehard Pats Fan here, I'm originally from Massachusetts but am currently active duty Army stationed on Oahu. Looking to find any other Patriots fans here in paradise, I've been lucky this season a lot of games have been on CBS/FOX.

I'll be in Honolulu for Christmas this year so I'll be finding a place to watch the 12/23/12 Pats at Jaguars game. I'll be coming from the Aina Haina area so anywhere in town works in case anyone is interested in meeting up.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back