PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watch Peyton Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Man, the guy just doesn't accept ANY responsibility, does he? After his pick when he was trying to hit Clark and threw it to the Roy Williams, his face was priceless. But it was disgusting because he clearly felt that Williams interferred with Clark, but it was clear that Clark fell trying to push off inside of 5 yards.

Dallas Clark... That guy is a mess. If he's not stumbling and bumbling, tripping over his legs, he's alligator arming everything. Roy Williams did exactly the same thing to him on the INT as Vrabel did to him in the '04 divisional playoff game when Geno should have had the pick in the EZ before halftime. I think the Colts are on the verge of making Utecht their primary TE over 1st rd bust Clark. As far as Peyton... I used to think he was whining and blaming his receivers when he scrunches his face and flaps his arms... now I just view him as suffering from a neurological ailment, a kind of nervous tick under duress. Great game by the Dallas D. The back 8 seemed stronger and faster than the Pats', though more undisciplined.

What I found more interesting was his 4th down throw late in the game. Manning clearly overthrew everyone and the ball sailed out of the endzone. Here it is 4th down, and Peyton chucks the ball up and away from any of his receivers. Drive over. Why would he do that? Because he was clearly expecting the officials to bail him out by calling an "illegal contact" penalty.

He's a great quarterback, but that particular play stood out. Dumb throw.

Yeah, I watched him throw for just over 50% of his passes. He threw balls low and behind his WR's.

Maybe he is hurt!?

Drewwho said:
Yeah, I watched him throw for just over 50% of his passes. He threw balls low and behind his WR's.

Maybe he is hurt!?

Good thing we took Testaverde off the market, heh.

Murphys95 said:
What I found more interesting was his 4th down throw late in the game. Manning clearly overthrew everyone and the ball sailed out of the endzone. Here it is 4th down, and Peyton chucks the ball up and away from any of his receivers. Drive over. Why would he do that? Because he was clearly expecting the officials to bail him out by calling an "illegal contact" penalty.

He's a great quarterback, but that particular play stood out. Dumb throw.

Exhibit 054139-B why Peyton Manning will never be a champion. I watched with amazement how he didn't even try to thread the needle - c'mon a play HAD to be made that down! He probably thought it was the "smart" thing to do since he totally expected an illegal contact call. Well, Mr. Genius, why not just try anyway, if it gets picked (and the flag is thrown as expected) you get a 1st down, if the flag isn't thrown at least you tried. I think the Pats game spoiled him on those kind of calls :)

richpats said:
Exhibit 054139-B why Peyton Manning will never be a champion. I watched with amazement how he didn't even try to thread the needle - c'mon a play HAD to be made that down! He probably thought it was the "smart" thing to do since he totally expected an illegal contact call. Well, Mr. Genius, why not just try anyway, if it gets picked (and the flag is thrown as expected) you get a 1st down, if the flag isn't thrown at least you tried. I think the Pats game spoiled him on those kind of calls :)

That's what I said while watching it with my Colt apologist friends. If Manning had just thrown the ball to the contacted receiver he probably gets the flag, but he didn't even attempt it because he assumed he'd get the call and of course then whined about it.

Did anyone see the Chris Collinsworth whining about the "down-by-contact", missed call yesterday? Frickin amazing that the announcers are complaining for the Dolts too!

denverpatsfan said:
Did anyone see the Chris Collinsworth whining about the "down-by-contact", missed call yesterday? Frickin amazing that the announcers are complaining for the Dolts too!
And where was the red flag thrown by Dungy if the play was missed? If any Colt is whining about that play they need to blast the Colt coaching staff for not having it reviewed.

denverpatsfan said:
And where was the red flag thrown by Dungy if the play was missed? If any Colt is whining about that play they need to blast the Colt coaching staff for not having it reviewed.

denverpatsfan said:
Just the replays. Looked like a lot of separation between the Colts and Cowboys players when the INT was finally secured. That was really reaching to try to make it down by contact.

DaBruinz said:
Man, the guy just doesn't accept ANY responsibility, does he? After his pick when he was trying to hit Clark and threw it to the Roy Williams, his face was priceless. But it was disgusting because he clearly felt that Williams interferred with Clark, but it was clear that Clark fell trying to push off inside of 5 yards.

Don't let your hate for Peyton cloud your judgement. Sure he felt Williams interferred. Williams shoved Clark in the back when Dallas turned around, but it was within the 5 yard chuck zone. Since it was within the chuck zone no illegal contact was called. Peyton was already in the process of throwing it, but hadn't released the ball (it was close, but he hadn't let go yet) so no PI. If the same thing would have happened to the Pats in the Green Bay game, you would not have started a thread saying Brady needed to accept responsibility.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Just the replays. Looked like a lot of separation between the Colts and Cowboys players when the INT was finally secured. That was really reaching to try to make it down by contact.

I agree that it is stretch, but I think the point was it is at least worth a challenge. Who knows with the replay both. Sometimes plays that seems clearly one way are called another. And at that point in the game you would think it's well worth it.

denverpatsfan said:

Collingworth...what I remember about him when he played is always looking to the refs to bail him out.

Anyways...was anyone like me worried that the refs were going to give the ball to the Dolts on that Dungy (Dumbo) challenge late in the game when Fasano threw the ball after the Dolt touched him?

Art_Vandelay421 said:
Collingworth...what I remember about him when he played is always looking to the refs to bail him out.

Anyways...was anyone like me worried that the refs were going to give the ball to the Dolts on that Dungy (Dumbo) challenge late in the game when Fasano threw the ball after the Dolt touched him?

Always! After all, you have the bully Napolian who thinks he is the self elected commish of the NFL. He changes rules to favor Manning and then browbeats the refs endlessly. Sure I think the refs show a ton of special treatment to the Colts. Witness every recent Pats game against the Colts. Witness the imaginary roughing the passer calls, like in the Dallas game. They didn't mind when Romo got roughed beyond belief, but lay a single finger on the commercial face of the NFL, here comes the yellow hankey for Manning to wipe his tears on.

The Colts could lose every call this year and it would maybe even out the massive tide of calls that have gone their way thanks to the Non-Competitive Committee.

Checked out the Colts website. Interestingly, 25 min of audio by Dungy and in 4 articles, only one had a comment by Peyton. Clark, McFarland, Junr, Addai, and Freeney were quoted multiple times. Peyton's main points were " aloss is never, ever good." Also, "tomorrow we'll watch film and see what was positive that we can build on" later some muttering about "correcting our mistakes." Dungy made excuses for Peyton's interceptions.

Side note-Sanders has been back out since playing us.

Listening to Polian's audio--it's a dirty job but someone has to do it--
"Threw up a stinker of a 4th qtr against a good team"
"Yds per pass attempt and turnover margin are the only important statistic. Running yds meaningless. We lost both of those battles yesterday."
"Called back intereception was the pivotal play of the game."
Didn't trust Addai on 3rdand 2 on the goal line. Clark interfered with.
Sanders knee blew up again after Pats game. (Operation was early Oct. 4-6 wks recovery, so he came back prematurely to play us.)
AGH!! I can't stand any more!

workhorse said:
Don't let your hate for Peyton cloud your judgement. Sure he felt Williams interferred. Williams shoved Clark in the back when Dallas turned around, but it was within the 5 yard chuck zone. Since it was within the chuck zone no illegal contact was called. Peyton was already in the process of throwing it, but hadn't released the ball (it was close, but he hadn't let go yet) so no PI. If the same thing would have happened to the Pats in the Green Bay game, you would not have started a thread saying Brady needed to accept responsibility.

Workhorse - Its not a matter of hatred. Its a matter of disgust. Manning absolutely refuses to accept any responsibility for his actions. He is absolutely one of the most unprofessional players to ever don a uniform. The guy regularly throws his teammates under the bus even though its mostly Manning who is the problem. Manning has NEVER won a championship in College or Pro level. And, its highly unlikely that he ever will. He is the new age Dan Marino. All stats and nothing else.

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
workhorse said:
Don't let your hate for Peyton cloud your judgement. Sure he felt Williams interferred. Williams shoved Clark in the back when Dallas turned around, but it was within the 5 yard chuck zone. Since it was within the chuck zone no illegal contact was called. Peyton was already in the process of throwing it, but hadn't released the ball (it was close, but he hadn't let go yet) so no PI. If the same thing would have happened to the Pats in the Green Bay game, you would not have started a thread saying Brady needed to accept responsibility.[/qyote]

Workhorse - Its not a matter of hatred. Its a matter of disgust. Manning absolutely refuses to accept any responsibility for his actions. He is absolutely one of the most unprofessional players to ever don a uniform. The guy regularly throws his teammates under the bus even though its mostly Manning who is the problem. Manning has NEVER won a championship in College or Pro level. And, its highly unlikely that he ever will. He is the new age Dan Marino. All stats and nothing else.
well thank god he is not your QB then...Christ on a Cross do you people ever stop whining about the Colts?
You would think we kicked your butts on the way to a SB...I have never seen such an insecure fan base as the NE Patriots!

Lord peeps get over it.
Why should you give a rats ass what Peyton and the Colts do?

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
workhorse said:
Don't let your hate for Peyton cloud your judgement. Sure he felt Williams interferred. Williams shoved Clark in the back when Dallas turned around, but it was within the 5 yard chuck zone. Since it was within the chuck zone no illegal contact was called. Peyton was already in the process of throwing it, but hadn't released the ball (it was close, but he hadn't let go yet) so no PI. If the same thing would have happened to the Pats in the Green Bay game, you would not have started a thread saying Brady needed to accept responsibility.[/qyote]

You are further proving my point. You have no idea what Peyton takes resposibilty for. Your "disgust" makes you think that because he wanted a PI call that he is unprofessional. If the same play had happened to the Pats, you would have wanted a flag.

If you want to talk about stats, show me where Peyton has been padding his stats this season. The Colts have needed everything they could get from Peyton to be where they are this season. BTW, how many points where the Pats up when Brady threw his last TD? Who was quarterback for the Packers at the time?

workhorse said:
DaBruinz said:
You are further proving my point. You have no idea what Peyton takes resposibilty for. Your "disgust" makes you think that because he wanted a PI call that he is unprofessional. If the same play had happened to the Pats, you would have wanted a flag.

If you want to talk about stats, show me where Peyton has been padding his stats this season. The Colts have needed everything they could get from Peyton to be where they are this season. BTW, how many points where the Pats up when Brady threw his last TD? Who was quarterback for the Packers at the time?

No, you miss our point. Pay-a-ton is hated here because he is a self promoting, me first, media designated "superstar". He is just one of many hated here for that reason. Lord Favre, that player who Parcells refrains from naming, Ocho Sinco are others. Players who put out on the field and show restraint and class are respected here, ie. L.T. For you see, no matter how good the look at me clowns are on the field, they represent everything our team and fanbase is NOT about.

CaColtsfan said:
DaBruinz said:
well thank god he is not your QB then...Christ on a Cross do you people ever stop whining about the Colts?
You would think we kicked your butts on the way to a SB...I have never seen such an insecure fan base as the NE Patriots!

Lord peeps get over it.
Why should you give a rats ass what Peyton and the Colts do?

Since you watch the Colts through rose colored glasses, you miss what we, and everyone else in the country is witnessing. The Colts are benefiting from some unbelievable calls this year.

But what really pisses us off, and everyone else in the country, is that we can see that the NFL is doing everything possible to assist Peyton and the Colts to a SB.

What we saw sunday night was Peyton got hit hard a couple of times and he did what nearly all QB's do after some hard hits...he blinked and made some bad throws.

But what Dallas did that we didn't; was they did not give up on the running game and wore your defense down to a bunch of patty-cake players who are too small to handle a physical game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes