PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watch Peyton Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit -- Duplicate post

Last edited:
FloridaPatsFan said:
Since you watch the Colts through rose colored glasses, you miss what we, and everyone else in the country is witnessing. The Colts are benefiting from some unbelievable calls this year.

But what really pisses us off, and everyone else in the country, is that we can see that the NFL is doing everything possible to assist Peyton and the Colts to a SB.

What we saw sunday night was Peyton got hit hard a couple of times and he did what nearly all QB's do after some hard hits...he blinked and made some bad throws.

But what Dallas did that we didn't; was they did not give up on the running game and wore your defense down to a bunch of patty-cake players who are too small to handle a physical game.

They Colts aren't getting anymore calls than anyone else this season. If you truly believe that, it's because many in the Pats' fanbase put the Colts under a microscope and disects everything about them. Sometimes moreso than your own team. And when you are so fixated on something, things tend to seem larger than they are. Would you be surprised to know that the Pats ran for 31 more yards than the Cowboys and the Cowboys only averaged 3.2 yards per carry against the Colts?

Last edited:
workhorse said:
They Colts aren't getting anymore calls than anyone else this season. If you truly believe that, it's because many in the Pats' fanbase put the Colts under a microscope and disects everything about them. Sometimes moreso than your own team. And when you are so fixated on something, things tend to seem larger than they are. Would you be surprised to know that the Pats ran for 31 more yards than the Cowboys and the Cowboys only averaged 3.2 yards per carry against the Colts?

Your numbers might be right, but the Cowboys success was founded on their conviction to keep going with the run after securing very little success in the first half. The Patriots enjoyed success but appeared to give up on it too early after a couple of setbacks.

Halfway through this game I really thought Peyton was going to surprise me. He had a tough first half, took a lot of hits, and really looked out of sorts. But he bounced back with the TD after half time and looked in control of the game, playing very well against a tiring D. I admired the way he responded to the early difficulties.

But then towards the end of the fourth quarter, with the game on the line, we were back to Play-off Peyton, the QB that Pats Fans love in January. He couldn't get it done and started looking aroudn for excuses. That 4th and whatever play at the end being the case in point. He threw the ball away and started asking for the PI call, as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

As I said somewhere in another thread, watching all this made me mad because it showed just how beatable the Colts are, and how badly we'd screwed up. I'd love to see them in the play-offs this year.

I don't know. But it just seems like Peyton has a tendency to make comments that shift bad play off onto somebody else. Not only the the famous ones (like where he threw his O-line under the bus), but he continues to do it other times. Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Peyton Throws Somebody Else Under the Bus - This Time It's a Patriot That Messed Up

arrellbee said:
Peyton Manning's interception was Chad Scott's fault. Chad Scott messed up badly and wasn't where he was supposed to be. Poor Peyton - but you can't really blame him for Scott's screw-up.....

"Scott made a good play. uhh Not exactly sure he was supposed to be there or not ... you know ...it's kind-a ... sometimes that happens. I mean ... uhh ... uhh ... You know, I kind-a read the coverage ... "

"Usually I think I kind-a know what's happening, and guys don't really pop up that I don't see all too often, but, uhh, you know I'm not sure he was supposed to be there but he was and he caught it and that's really the end of the story, and..."

Maybe by the next time we play the Colts, Chad Scott will have learned where he's supposed to be. I sure hope so, for Peyton's sake. :p

To you totally clueless Colt fans:

The reason we hate the Colts is very legitimate, and you should be concerned if you had half a brain between you. Napolian is ruining football as we know it through the abuse of the Non-Competitive Committee. Only Shula and the Dolphins have had the refs wrapped so tight. If you weren't so blind, you would realize that Napolian is terrible for this league.

Further, your crybaby QB could have simply tried to complete a pass instead of automatically assuming that the refs would notice something just because he did. That's what happens when your ******ed GM bullies and assaults anybody that stands in your way. Your whole organization becomes a bunch of crybabies who don't just get on with the game of football.

You think Brady would have assumed that he would get a call? 90% of the time we don't get the call. Witness the recent Colts game where Seymour was held on most every play with no flag. Yet we got ticky tack penalties that didn't allow us off the field. Witness our Broncos meltdown in the playoffs, while your Colts couldn't beat the Steelers in your cozy dome even with the refs giving you the game.

What does Napolian do this week? Cry about the refs. And behind the scenes, he will be shouting and bullying and verbally assaulting people until magically the calls go his way again for the rest of the season, and when it counts in the playoffs.

And in the offseason it'll be another ill-concieved rules change to benefit Manning.

PatsSox363804 said:
That's what I said while watching it with my Colt apologist friends. If Manning had just thrown the ball to the contacted receiver he probably gets the flag, but he didn't even attempt it because he assumed he'd get the call and of course then whined about it.

The receiver hadn't gone 5 yards. That contact was legal.

workhorse said:

Workhorse. I live down here in Florida and I'm surrounded by Jags, Bucs and Fin fans everywhere I turn. But whenever the subject of calls comes up, its the one thing we always agree on. The Colts get away with an incredible amount of penalties....or get a crucial call late in the game to keep your drives alive. Your recievers push off with the best of them. Yet no one else is allowed to touch them. Disagree all you want. Its a fact of the NFL that any fan anywhere will agree on.

I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again. I have talked football with Tony Dungy. He's a classy guy and I will never have a problem with him. But you should smile and wave whenever you get chided about the league's contradictory policy regarding your team. The powers that be in the NFL loves the Colts. They are being groomed to win a SB despite a defense that quite frankly is not good enough to make you serious contenders and a QB that has a long and established history of choking in the biggest moments of his carreer. And then blaming someone else for the loss.

Yes it does eat away at us Pat fans when after the correct but lucky call against Oakland in the playoffs in 2001, we have yet to get calls the way you guys get em week in and week out.

workhorse said:
DaBruinz said:
You are further proving my point. You have no idea what Peyton takes resposibilty for. Your "disgust" makes you think that because he wanted a PI call that he is unprofessional. If the same play had happened to the Pats, you would have wanted a flag.

If you want to talk about stats, show me where Peyton has been padding his stats this season. The Colts have needed everything they could get from Peyton to be where they are this season. BTW, how many points where the Pats up when Brady threw his last TD? Who was quarterback for the Packers at the time?

First off, you prove time and again you are clueless about what I think. So, please stop pretending like you know. You don't. As for "proving your point," no, I'm not. But you can just delude yourself into thinking that I am. That way you don't have to face the truth.

Secondly, Brady's TD came very EARLY in the 4th quarter. Not like MANNING who is throwing the ball with 2 minutes left in the game just to pad his stats. But, that is not the point. You just have to throw up garbage to try and make excuses for Manning and divert attention from him.

3rd, Who said ANYTHING about padding stats. All I said was that Manning is ALL STATS and nothing else. When the chips are down, he chokes. Period. He's done it in college and at the pro level. Again, you try and divert away from the point of the post because you don't want to deal with reality.

CaColtsfan said:
DaBruinz said:
well thank god he is not your QB then...Christ on a Cross do you people ever stop whining about the Colts?
You would think we kicked your butts on the way to a SB...I have never seen such an insecure fan base as the NE Patriots!

Lord peeps get over it.
Why should you give a rats ass what Peyton and the Colts do?

Listen, you obviously are clueless. Nothing in my statements show insecurity.

Now, as to WHY I care about what Peyton and the Colts do its because I am sick and tired of a over-rated, unprofessional, choke artist like MANNING showing up in every other NFL TV commercial. The NFL isn't about stats. Its about WINNING the championship. Something that Manning has yet to be able to accomplish and more than likely never will.

Dear Colts fans who blindly choose to defend everything this guy does,

Please explain rationally why it's ok for a QB -- at any level -- to celebrate TDs solo without congratulating his teammates for their achievements after they make him look good? The guy pumps his fist and just walks off solo. Doesn't slap his O-linemen, or his receivers. It's called EGO. His teammates are in the end zone giving each other man hugs and butt/helmet slaps and he's running around back there on his own.

You will NEVER see Tom just walk off the field by himself after a receiver catches his TD pass -- heck he even gets giddy when the backs take his hand-off and run it in on their own.

Manning oozes the entitlement mentality of a #1 draft pick out of every pore in his body...total primadonna.

It's why Edgerin James called that locker room dysfunctional.

It's why his guys don't go the extra mile in the postseason.

It's why the coaches and players get that look etched on their faces when he goes on a tirade and the team collapses rather than responding constructively.

It's called leadership. There's a difference between being a perfectionist and leading your team to perfection...when Peyton learns that he'll win a championship.

Not to mention he still wets his pants against a physical front...

"When guys get around him he gets antsy, that was our strategy as a D-line, not so much sackin' him but just getting around him" - Marcus Spears on NFL-N yesterday

JUST GETTING AROUND HIM! I'm sorry, I'm changing my MVP vote to LT. I've never been more convinced the guy would struggle in a system that didn't spend to the hilt on his weapons (not to mention a dome and a division that features at least two JV defenses).

Another difference was illustrated the other day...everyone gives Peyton credit for being so "smart," yet he had to make a play on 4th down in Big-D and threw the ball away HOPING for interference (that wasn't even there)...game over...three weeks ago in Minny, Tom noticed Troy Brown getting mauled near the end zone, and threw the ball at his feet to draw the attention of the refs. Peyton may have a lot of football smarts, but he sure loses it in a hurry when Marvin and Reggie aren't in the perfect spot down the field.

It's kind of like a passer rating...the perception is that it's an INDIVIDUAL stat, the reality is that it's a TEAM stat...every time I see Peyton's face on ESPN with his passer rating next to it I get nauseous...they better put up the dudes running those routes right next to Peynus.

I guess I'm tired of all the same crap...the excuses...when they win anything it's because Manning *****slapped another QB, but when they lose it's not his fault and the other QB had nothing to do with it.

If this guy ever actually wins a ring I can't wait for all the hypocrisy to pour out of Indiana about how Peyton carried 8 starting pro bowlers on his back to an unlikely title on the winningest franchise of the past 8 years...on second thought, shoot me now.

I really felt the guy was turning a corner this season...seemed like he was on a mission...I made the mistake of thinking you could "learn" toughness...will the "new Peyton" please stand up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back