PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer to sign with Houston Texans

Well he'd be going to the guy that groomed him his first few years in the NFL There are 2 people in the NFL that have a real good idea on how to put Hoyer in the best possible scenario to succeed, Bill Belichick and Bill O'Brien.

I thought Hoyer got a raw deal in Cleveland. First, it's Cleveland.

Second, he led that team to a 6-4 mark before Josh Gordon returned, and somehow that triggered a 1-5 spiral at the end. You'd think having an elite playmaker return would make a difference, but Gordon wasn't himself, and apart from his first game back, didn't do much else.

Third, Hoyer did this with little to no extra help. Andrew Hawkins was his leading receiver, Miles Austin was second, while Terrance West was his leading rusher. His TE dealt with concussion issues throughout the season.

Fourth, again, it's Cleveland. He had no real chance to overcome that dysfunctional franchise hell-bent on getting Manzielmania going.

He did as good as anyone could expect. And I think he'd do quite a bit better with Arian Foster and DeAndre Hopkins.

There is no question Hoyer should do better in Houston. How do you feel about Hoyer going into Geen Bay, Seattle, NE,.... ?

I guess what I am saying is : he might do pretty well. But is that the ultimate goal ?

There is no question Hoyer should do better in Houston. How do you feel about Hoyer going into Geen Bay, Seattle, NE,.... ?

I guess what I am saying is : he might do pretty well. But is that the ultimate goal ?
He wants to start so he's not going anywhere with an established QB, I wish him all the luck and I hope he gets paid

Really don't think the guy is anything special. If he comes cheap then sure but don't break the bank for him.

He's awesome, hasn't been given a real shot yet.

Hoyer to Texans

And they signed Mallett. Two ex Patriots backups competing for the top job down there...

Cool, I bet he loses out to Mallet though

He's awesome, hasn't been given a real shot yet.
How was Cleveland last year not a shot? I know he didn't really have any weapons on offense but he started almost every game

How was Cleveland last year not a shot? I know he didn't really have any weapons on offense but he started almost every game

I think he needs a full season without QB controversy, and dysfunctional team BS, to fully mature. He had flashes of brilliance last year, would like to see him develop under O'Brien who will be great for him.

I think he needs a full season without QB controversy, and dysfunctional team BS, to fully mature. He had flashes of brilliance last year, would like to see him develop under O'Brien who will be great for him.
Hoyer is going to be 30 in oct and is going into his 8th NFl season, I think Hoyer is who he is. Mallet might be another story

Hoyer is going to be 30 in oct and is going into his 8th NFl season, I think Hoyer is who he is. Mallet might be another story

You may be right...Will be interesting to see it unfold.

Really don't think the guy is anything special. If he comes cheap then sure but don't break the bank for him.
I dont think anyone will be breaking the bank for Hoyer..........

You saw it here first. Hoyer will be the starter for the Texans! :)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back