PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring on the Damn Habs!!!

Sure 50+ saves is a big number but Price didn't have to dazzle to make those stops. In fact he was lucky the Bruins didn't put 8 in the back of the net. Hit posts, hit cross bars, pucks sliding across the mouth of the goal, Bruins whiffs on great assist passes. There are games when you know a goalie can't be beat....and this was not one of them. The lack of finishing skills by the B's was the takeaway from this game.
As my posting record on the Pats board will attest, I'm the last person that would ever be labelled as a home town homer, I just give you what I think and despite the 50+ saves, I absolutely believe Price was shaky and very beatable, but the Bruins just couldn't finish.
PS.....Tukka was worse than Price....that can't be argued. For some reason, Tukka seemed deeper in his net than usual which gave the Habs a bigger net....and they took advantage with their few chances....the B's failed there multiple chances
We are in agreement the Bruins didn't take their chances but I also realize that gate swings both ways. I don't have an issue with the rest of your thoughts. They're spot on.

i will be at work during the game today but will get to watch most of it..hopefully...

pure agony right now. marchane turning the puck over.

Last edited:
god DAMMITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT CHARA CMON MAN CLEAR THE DAMN PUCK OUT OF THE ZONE. THIS SUKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! BACK FROM THE BRINK. ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE 1 TO 1 DOESN'T SOUND SO BAD. the bruins have to limit the penalties and turnovers in the neutral zone because the canadiens will make you pay almost every time.

Last edited:
this could be a turning point in the series...MTL could have gone home up 2-0 with the Bs probably not coming back from it...yet they find a way to tie it up at 1-1...big swing

this could be a turning point in the series...MTL could have gone home up 2-0 with the Bs probably not coming back from it...yet they find a way to tie it up at 1-1...big swing
the bruins are a very good road team. fingers crossed it stays that way.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! BACK FROM THE BRINK. ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE 1 TO 1 DOESN'T SOUND SO BAD. the bruins have to limit the penalties and turnovers in the neutral zone because the canadiens will make you pay almost every time.
The difference today was the Bruins appeared to get a few of the lucky breaks they didn't in game 1. Putting 4 goals past the Habs in short succession, I hope, is the turning point. Still, the Bruins need to get out to those slap shots a little quicker. Montreal is living and dying by the deflection.

Bs hit what...3 more posts today?

Its amazing the style of play the Bruins are engaged in this Montreal series...wide open hockey verses the battle of the boards style this team is synonymous with. The passing in game 2 was sharper, the turnover passes were limited...but Marchand seems to have his head up his ass this post season...too many dumb decisions, with the puck and with his extracurricular crap.
I've been thinking a lot about Price and if he should be considered "great." Stopping 50+ shots in game #1 was a massive accomplishment yet I still never felt he played a game for the ages. My belief stands that the Bs should have netted 8 goals that game but they just couldn't target wide open nets that were available. That being said, I thought Price played a better game #2 for the first two periods.....then his whole team came unglued....and hopefully the Montreal tendency to cough up 2 goal leads in the 3rd continues (3 times in 6 games). What I have noticed about Price is that his rebounds drop in front of him unlike Rask who excels at directing rebounds to the boards. Unfortunately, Rask has his own issues vs Montreal and I believe their speed has caused him to retreat deeper into the net opening up empty space that gets sniped.
Now the Bs enter the Forum where refs tend to become French Canadian for 60 minutes. The Bs need a tighter grip on their emotions because the Hab's power play is what has been the biggest factor. Stop the penalties and be 2 up easily.
Love playoff hockey

no matter who this team gets...it seems as if they will always struggle vs this team. This series is going 7 games..and in game 7..i have no idea who is going to win...i hope the Bs..but even though they are the better team..they struggle BAD vs MTL...

its been this way as long as i can remember. i guess thats why its one of the greatest rivalries in sports.

its been this way as long as i can remember. i guess thats why its one of the greatest rivalries in sports.

I know it has been...but you would think something would change sooner or later given different coaches..players ect. Boston is definitely the better team...but in this series..it sure doesn't feel like a big difference...if any

I just hope they can pull this series out. I think this will be the toughest test for them until the SCF if they make it...MTL will be a bigger challenge then pitt

I think this will be the toughest test for them until the SCF if they make it...MTL will be a bigger challenge then pitt
i agree 100 percent. it just goes to show you how meaningless it is having the best record in the league. the thing that gives me the most hope is how good a road team the bruins have been for several years now in the reg season and the playoffs..

Well if it goes 7 games i have tix for game 7...but hopefully it doesn't!

Friggin amazing comeback game two. but seriously, to win this series, that cant keep happening. The B's need to stay out of the box no matter how tempting it is to completely murder a Hab.

We can beat MTL in a 5-on=5 situation. they are the better team on the PP and in 4 on 4 situations too. just plays well to their open ice game.

Stay even strength and stop screwing around with these idiots.

Problem is..you will never win the penalty issue vs MTL...especially in MTL...you will end up going to the box. And their PK was good in the first round...this round it sucks..that needs to change. They can't go 2-6 every game on the PP

Let's.Go.B's.

what do you know..down 2-0 again....we are so lucky they won game 2.

what do you know..down 2-0 again....we are so lucky they won game 2.
It's quite remarkable. The Bruins had a large run of play, couldn't score, a few lucky breaks go the Habs way and they're up 2-0 after the first period. It's run this way for 2 1/3 games now.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back