PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2013-2014 General Discussion

Good trade in retrospect by Danny. Nets are 3-7, we got some picks before Garnett and Paul fell off a cliff.

Celtics should trade Rondo + Gerald, or Rondo + Bass, and get Asik + Lin. Would help with rebuilding. C's don't need Rondo back this year. Asik is a good defensive center and Lin is underrated as a 6th man

Good trade in retrospect by Danny. Nets are 3-7, we got some picks before Garnett and Paul fell off a cliff.

Celtics should trade Rondo + Gerald, or Rondo + Bass, and get Asik + Lin. Would help with rebuilding. C's don't need Rondo back this year. Asik is a good defensive center and Lin is underrated as a 6th man

Heck - that 2014 pick of the Nets might be worth more than the Celtics' in the end.

I was actually pulling for the Nets - interested in seeing what Pierce and Garnett can do with that lineup behind them. "Not much" is the apparent answer.

I can't believe there is one person in the entire world who would have predicted that at ANY point in the season short of the first week, the Celtics would have a better record than the Nets.

WE'll get either the Hawks or the Nets pick and right now they both suck.

The Hawks can keep the higher of the 2 picks - theirs or the Nets.

Last edited:
Too good to have a lottery pick. Suck too much to make it deep in playoffs.

Another interesting tidbit. The other Atlantic division teams are playing .333 ball outside the division. IOW, they suck andf the Celtics have played only 1 divisional game going into the 12/8 game vs NYK...They could go .500 which would take them out of the lottery (unfortunately) but Stevens is doing better than anybody could have expected with the talent on this team.... He gets pass this year but it is already surpassing expectations...

last summers nets Celtics trade is looking better and better for the Celtics with each passing day. bailed out from pp and kg just in time. good job danny.

I'm hoping for a high draft pick this year too - though with all the future draft picks Ainge has built up, technically he's got the ammunition to potentially move up and get whoever he really wants.

While I'd be fine with them tanking the season, apparently they've some decent young talent or other guys who want to prove themselves and Stevens seems to be a fine head coach to have these guys in first place this deep into the season.

I have to think there's a method to the madness of Ainge/Stevens actually getting these guys to play and we may see some interest in Celtics players who have shown they can contribute.

Which could mean even MORE draft picks and ammunition for Ainge to get the players he wants either in the draft or in future trades.

Once the trading deadline passes it wouldn't surprise me to see this whopping .400 record (1st in the Atlantic) begin to dip.

I'm hoping for a high draft pick this year too - though with all the future draft picks Ainge has built up, technically he's got the ammunition to potentially move up and get whoever he really wants.

While I'd be fine with them tanking the season, apparently they've some decent young talent or other guys who want to prove themselves and Stevens seems to be a fine head coach to have these guys in first place this deep into the season.

I have to think there's a method to the madness of Ainge/Stevens actually getting these guys to play and we may see some interest in Celtics players who have shown they can contribute.

Which could mean even MORE draft picks and ammunition for Ainge to get the players he wants either in the draft or in future trades.

Once the trading deadline passes it wouldn't surprise me to see this whopping .400 record (1st in the Atlantic) begin to dip.

Agreed. I used to watch court side during the Al Jefferson days. Saw the Ainge playbook of franchise building. Develop some attractive assets like Ryan Gomes, Delonte, Jefferson, trade them for even MORE value. Pretty smart. C's will tank after the trading deadline.

started screaming at my TV yesterday when Humphries hit the shot at the buzzer.

Woke my wife up she's like wtf was that ...

I told her what kind of an a'sshole would hit that shot under these circumstances ... can him now.

Humphries has been playing well ... perhaps they need to check him for shin splints or something like that.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back