PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crunch time for Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now Bill's a liar...

This is Bill Belichick we are talking about here. The guy epitomizes win at all costs. He's the guy who hip checked Marvin Harrison to keep him from getting back out onto the field when there was a fumble.

I love the guy as my coach and I have a sneaking suspicion he is completely honest with players and staff but fans and the press do not get honesty from this guy.

We would be well within our rights under the CBA to have a deal in place with Peppers. In fact we'd have to to pull a trade off since we can't fit his tag under our cap. The simple fact is Carolina doesn't want to trade him and unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse, like two firsts, and even then only if Peppers states he will not report (which his agent actually said weeks ago he will...) they aren't going to trade him away for useless cap space and picks that can't remotely replace him.

You don't know that Carolina doesn't want to trade him, you don't have any inside information that the rest of us don't, you just enjoy making definitive statements that may or may not be true, as you have through this whole Peppers saga.

Would it surprise me if he ends up being a patriot, yes it would, would it shock me, nope, but it sure would be fun to see you be wrong.

So now Bill's a liar... Bill may evade questions he doesn't want to answer. This wasn't one of them. The players agent acknowledged the same thing later that day. There had been no contact between the NEP and himself or his player.

We would be well within our rights under the CBA to have a deal in place with Peppers. In fact we'd have to to pull a trade off since we can't fit his tag under our cap. The simple fact is Carolina doesn't want to trade him and unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse, like two firsts, and even then only if Peppers states he will not report (which his agent actually said weeks ago he will...) they aren't going to trade him away for useless cap space and picks that can't remotely replace him.

THis is all completely incorrect.

We can't negotiate a trade with Peppers because hes not on a team until he signs the tag. We can try to sign him as an FA, for whatever money we/he wants. We could sign him to a vet minimum one year deal. We'd just owe carolina 2 firsts.

You don't know that Carolina doesn't want to trade him, you don't have any inside information that the rest of us don't, you just enjoy making definitive statements that may or may not be true, as you have through this whole Peppers saga.

Would it surprise me if he ends up being a patriot, yes it would, would it shock me, nope, but it sure would be fun to see you be wrong.

Lighten up on Mo, dude.
Can't you see he's using reverse psychology... I think.:):confused:

This is Bill Belichick we are talking about here. The guy epitomizes win at all costs. He's the guy who hip checked Marvin Harrison to keep him from getting back out onto the field when there was a fumble.

I love the guy as my coach and I have a sneaking suspicion he is completely honest with players and staff but fans and the press do not get honesty from this guy.

You lost me on that one.

IMO--Mo is just using common sense, there isn't much of a chance this could actually happen. If you broke it down into percentages, his coming here would have to be pretty low. With that said, everyone has their own opinion, and I can certainly respect that. This issue will not go away until something happens for certain, and that is unfortunate.

We're not even sure he's going anywhere, let alone defying all odds and coming here. Maybe next yr, depending on a lot of issues, we could try and make a play on him--but it has to be pretty doubtful for this yr.

I don't want to be a part of this ongoing argument/discussion, all of these threads have started to seriously bring out the worst in some people--as they are set in their opinions, and just continue bickering with each other.

If it happens OK, if not, probably better. If we had someone on our team who had been acting this way, we'd all be calling for his head by now. I'm not sure why bringing some whining malcontent from another team is suddenly good. I know he has talent, but I don't think he'd be a great fit here--let someone else way overpay for him. We'll be fine at OLB one way or another, we had a lot of unexpected problems and injuries last yr ,and somehow still finished in the top 10 in overall defense.

This issue will not go away until something happens for certain, and that is unfortunate.

I don't think it is unfortunate, I enjoy listening to trade rumors and draft stuff, imagining how they might change the team. If you don't like this kind of stuff then just don't read the posts about them.

I don't think it is unfortunate, I enjoy listening to trade rumors and draft stuff, imagining how they might change the team. If you don't like this kind of stuff then just don't read the posts about them.

Oh, I enjoy the draft talk a lot. I think the Peppers situation is becoming a bit played out, but it's somewhat expected due to inactivity in stories before the draft. I am looking forward to the season a lot, I think the players we have now, plus the draft prospects from this wkd will make this team hard to beat. It's just reminding me a lot of the Ty Law situation, many differences aside. Whether or not we get this one particular player is not the most important aspect of the team being competitive.

But, like you said--that's on me, so I will probably just start skipping some of these Peppers posts, due to boredom.

Peppers most likely will stay in Carolina because Carolinas stupid enough to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes