PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deflate gate ramifications

Gabriel_p94

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm sure everybody has heard about the balls being under inflated vs. the colts. It just came out that 11 out of 12 balls were under inflated by 2 pounds each. I for one firmly believe the colts were going to lose regardless, but my question is what do you guys see happening as a result of the ball deflation? I'm hoping its just a fine and thats it. I would hate see us lose a draft pick over this.

Have to wait for the report. Whether they checked them or not I'm sure the Refs will say protocol was followed.

Probably 25000 per ball would be my guess.

The NFL still owes us a 1st Rounder for the Rape that publicly perpetrated in 2007.

Did anyone check the Colts's FootBalls?

It couldn't possibly be more Crystal Clear:

01 ~ If the Colts's FootBalls weren't deflated, than our boys were almost certainly guilty of Phuckery.
02 ~ If the Colts's FootBalls were deflated, than our boys were obviously not guilty of Phuckery.
03 ~ If nobody with the NFL bothered to check the Colts's FootBalls, then the League is guilty of Phuckery.

Last edited:
We're going to be losing our first rounder. Book it.

We're going to be losing our first rounder. Book it.

That's what I'm thinking. And people are saying BB should be suspended for the Super Bowl or he should have Shawn Peyton treatment and be suspended for the year;mind you these are just fans and reporters calling for it but I have a feeling they're gonna influence roger goodell.

To me this is like an illegal equipment penalty in hockey. An illegal stuck doesn't get noticed unless you measure. It's a two minute penalty. No biggie. But, this won't be handled like that. I'm kinda surprised Belichick is getting all of the heat. Very likely Brady requested it a lot more than BB in my opinion.

what pressure were teh colts balls inflated to and what was the air temp of the air inflating them? And were they checked? I bet not.

And ditto for the patriots.

It's all guesswork with limited knowledge of the above.

Maybe every game in cold wet weather has balls losing 1.5PSI or so. But since no one has ever checked, it's not been known. The refs didn't notice in this game so it apparently is not very noticable at all.

Plus wet weather will suck heat away from the ball much more efficiently than dry. So a cold dry day may have the inside of the ball somewhat insulated by the leather and thus lose less PSI.

To me this is like an illegal equipment penalty in hockey. An illegal stuck doesn't get noticed unless you measure. It's a two minute penalty. No biggie. But, this won't be handled like that. I'm kinda surprised Belichick is getting all of the heat. Very likely Brady requested it a lot more than BB in my opinion.

Remember the Pine Tar incident with George Brett over 30 years ago? Imagine how that would be handled today and if Roger Goodell were commissioner?....

It will probably be after the SB before Goodell says anything.

Nothing will happen. Stop overreacting to a idiotic story that cant go anywhere without clear evidence that rules were broken by the team.

Roger "I bleed green and white not just because I have the clap" goddell will come after us hard. He will be breathing fire.

I suspect he is going to go after our 1st round pick and/or maybe suspend bb for four games of next season.

The NFL still owes us a 1st Rounder for the Rape that publicly perpetrated in 2007.

Did anyone check the Colts's FootBalls?

It couldn't possibly be more Crystal Clear:

01 ~ If the Colts's FootBalls weren't deflated, than our boys were almost certainly guilty of Phuckery.
02 ~ If the Colts's FootBalls were deflated, than our boys were obviously not guilty of Phuckery.
03 ~ If nobody with the NFL bothered to check the Colts's FootBalls, then the League is guilty of Phuckery.

Considering the Colts scored only 7 points, and constant drives going 3 &out, and 2 Andrew Luck Int's, I don't think the Colts balls were used enough LOL. Those balls are pretty much brand new. So of course there PSI wouldn't drop!

According to Pats Pulpit, the rumor floating around the Senior Bowl is a 2nd round pick. Again that's only a rumor, but if true that's bull ****!!!!

Every time you stick a needle into the football you will let some air out. Gauges could easily have an error margin of 1 psi depending on what you use. We're the colts and pats balls checked with the same gauge? At the same conditions? Were the colts balls soaked to the same degree as the pats balls? Were they at the same condition of wear and tear as the pats balls at the start?

Could someone with access to a lot of footballs (at a school or something) do an experiment? Take a dozen balls and to the best of your ability uniformly inflate them to 13 psi. I think it will be a difficult task to achieve in the first place. Then after three hours in the cold, measure them again to the best of your ability with a couple of different gauges. I think that the variance in pressure will be significant enough coupled with the drop correlated to temperature that you wouldn't be able to say anything conclusive.

This is such a fake scandal that it boggles my mind how people can take to conspiracy theories like flies to ****.

I believe if NE is found guilty and a draft pick is deemed the appropriate penalty it should be cancelled out by the tampering charge against the Jets. They're publicly guilty and there can be no question as to the evidence.

In a perfect world we get exhonerated over this absurdly ridiculous "ball pressure" allegation and no punishment can be applied, and we get the obviously guilty Jets forfeited 5th and in turn is awarded to us. That would give us an additional pick I have calculated as #141.

Schefter just said on ESPN that the NFL are struggling to find evidence that we tampered with the balls.....

Thought BB handled it great in the press conference earlier, be interesting to see what Brady says at 3:45 in his presser.

Well a poster on npr said that the ramification would be that the referees would be required to check ball pressure for every 1 C drop in temperature, resulting in an 8 hour commercial fest with game interspersed in between.

Pats get a bonus 5th rounder for all this ******** and irsay has to kiss Kraft and Belichick's rings

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back