PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dont’a Hightower shouldered load, ready for more

Status
Not open for further replies.
D gets grief and has been for years. I think that D still wins championships, we just need to adjust our way of thinking when it comes to "what is a good D?"... In this modern game, offense rules. And D will just not ever be what it once was unless there is a major shift in the league. Fantasy football, ratings, and player safety are such huge issues that the D is very limited - especially when compared to 10-15 years ago and beyond.

All that to say : DHT (and his buddies Jones and Collins) are key building blocks on the SB winning team. Young and talented. Team-oriented. Hightower was more than many thought he'd be. I hope his career continues to trend upward as soon as he shakes of this injury/surgery.

Reactions: Ian
shouldered the load, that's funny

Hightower was great this past season. He caught some flak in 2013 from some people but he emerged big time. I'm confident that he'll be a integral piece of our defense for years to come.

It's funny, as much as Butler obviously gets credit for the interception, it doesn't happen without Hightower making that tackle. He's been a terrific addition to say the least, and they're definitely fortunate to have him.

It's funny, as much as Butler obviously gets credit for the interception, it doesn't happen without Hightower making that tackle. He's been a terrific addition to say the least, and they're definitely fortunate to have him.

I think I especially love he and Collins because there were detractors. I myself was worried about the LBs as soon as Mayo was out... And those two guys pretty much became the second layer - doing much more than "field the position". They were huge. And I hope HT returns from his health setback to keep ascending.

I think I especially love he and Collins because there were detractors. I myself was worried about the LBs as soon as Mayo was out... And those two guys pretty much became the second layer - doing much more than "field the position". They were huge. And I hope HT returns from his health setback to keep ascending.
it's amazing also how much faster and athletic this group has become as a whole. It's definitely been a nice improvement especially after Tedy Bruschi retired and that entire group transitioned into what it is now, a fast, young, talented group. Good stuff :cool:

Many point to the possibility the D wasn't ALL that and Brady + the O really won those playoff games.

This is 2015. You bring that aging D the Patriots fielded in 2007... They'd have been in tough with the rules as they are now.

I loved the 2015 team - particularly the D. Here's hoping the backfield recovers from offseason departures.

On a side note : Mayo... not much talk lately, but a huge lift if he rebounds. J. Mayo needs a Gronk-type "on the field all year long" season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back