PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr. Gill Steps Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now to see if this has any noticeable impact now in regards to players recovery times etc.

Damn.

Now the Patriots won't lead the league in post operative infections anymore.......

Players were unavailable for comment, but a quick peek inside the locker room did reveal this*

bradylock.png

*Not really

Wasn't there some kind of story several months ago about BB saying they were doing a 'ernie adams'-type analysis of some of the non-direct-football parts of the patriots organization. This sounds to me like ernie came back with the statistical analysis of Dr Gill vs his NFL-peers......

uh, buddy...... YOU SUCK.

now, gracefully exit so we don't have to fire you.

You know, who are we to judge the job performance of a medical Doctor?

Though there certainly was the perception of a needed change at the position.

And now that Ive been responsibly objective, hold on a minute while I grab my torch and pitchfork -we got some celebrating to do!!

I can see why the players are happy. Gill was the one that saved the Patriots from getting ripped off by Jonathan Fanene.

Doctors in this sport are in a no-win situation. You're damned if you tell a player he can't play and he complains that he's ready (Spikes) and you're damned if you say he can play and then he proceeds to aggravate the injury (Gronk).

After the Gronk forearm debacle....

The numerous injuries last year, and re-injuries, and nagging injures....

I don't see how it could get any worse.

Please! You don't want to see the list of incompetence on the part of the patriot medical staff in the last few years. For example, they are totally incapable of diagnosing mental illness (Price and Lloyd). Others can help compile a long, long list if you wish.

Many posters are hoping that this change will help. Perhaps the focus of the NFL toward safety, and better medical services for the players will help.

There has been much, much to celebrate in the best organization is sports, certainly the best since the Kraft's bought the team. But there are flaws in any organization. Medical judgement and medical care has not been a competitive plus for the patriots.

And now that Ive been responsibly objective, hold on a minute while I grab my torch and pitchfork -we got some celebrating to do!!

People used to blame Mike Woicik before Gill became the whipping boy.

As for Gill, there's stuff that looks bad, certainly, but I can't say I'm qualified to judge his performance as a physician from my desk. Whether it's due to this change, better luck, or some combination of the two, I would just love to have a season where we don't lose one of our better players what seems like every other game.

Please! You don't want to see the list of incompetence on the part of the patriot medical staff in the last few years. For example, they are totally incapable of diagnosing mental illness (Price and Lloyd). Others can help compile a long, long list if you wish.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "mental illness."

Please elaborate on what you mean by "mental illness."

I believe he was typing quickly like so many of us. I remember reading that Lloyd and Price may have had ADD or been bi-polar. Probably mis-remembering the specific handicaps. Regardless, such problems do need to be detected where possible by the medical staff.

I think that the Faenane (sp?) debacle forced BB to take a fresh, hard look at the medical dept.

I would hope A. Dobson playing with a stress fracture would be the cause for review.

A very troubling incident for me.

I hope the surgery has not damaged him.

I remember reading that Lloyd and Price may have had ADD or been bi-polar.

That's a little like saying, "he may have had cholera or the flu." A little bit of difference in terms of presenting symptoms, seriousness, and implications as a teammate and player.

This entire thread is the "case closed" evidence on how it is simultaneously impossible and irresistible to make evaluations about the organization from the outside in, with almost no real data, just symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes