PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to my first NFL game in Buffalo!

I so wish this game wasn't the day after Christmas or I would be getting in the car and driving to this game! $22 tickets!! Everyone who is going have a great time and make us Pats fans proud!!

I went to a game in Buffalo a few years ago and it was a blast. Lots of good restaurants, friendly people and opposing fans and I liked the city. Lots of nice old neighborhoods (we got lost a few times and therefore, drove around a bit!). Lots of Pats fans too, so it was really fun. Saw lots of great tailgates. Stadium is old and in the boonies, just like the old Fox. I would bring a seat cushion as they have the dreaded metal benches in a lot of the stadium. Have fun!!

lol kinda hard when somebody is trying to say one of the armpits of the country is nice. I'm not even ripping the city or its people apart, I just don't see the point in continuing to defend the aesthetics of run-down abandoned factory buildings and ghettos.

You've already proven you don't know what Delaware Park is, Elmwood Village, Allentown, so obviously you've never been to the center of Buffalo, which is these three places. It's like going to Boston and hanging out in Jamaica Plain, totally ignoring the Back Bay, Cambridge, and North End.

I clearly didn't mean any of the nicer suburbs around it that you're mentioning. The CORE of Buffalo is what I'm talking about. And it's flat-out gross. Get over your bias and admit it, jesus...

In fairness to you, the shock of seeing something besides all white people with guns and 3rd grade educations, dirt roads, & where bears don't outnumber people is probably a huge cultural shock. :D

And to the classy Pats fans coming to the game, here's a link to the World Junior Hockey Tournament. Great hockey if that interests you plus there's a lot of info on stuff to do in the city. (The Bills' stadium is about 20 minutes outside the city). ::: BUFFALO WORLD JUNIORS :::

P.S. The Harp is a great Bills bar in Boston.

Last edited:
For all the WNY people on here -- is checking out the Bills pregame thing in the tent worth giving up an hour or so of tailgating? We are looking to get there around 8am to start tailgating.

Also, what parking lots are the best? Easiest to get out of? It's a day trip for half of our crew as they have to work Monday morning...and we wanna get back to MA sometime before midnight.

For all the WNY people on here -- is checking out the Bills pregame thing in the tent worth giving up an hour or so of tailgating? We are looking to get there around 8am to start tailgating.

Also, what parking lots are the best? Easiest to get out of? It's a day trip for half of our crew as they have to work Monday morning...and we wanna get back to MA sometime before midnight.

So the Bills lot's don't open till 9..if you want to start at 8 private lots are the best option, and even if you do not want to start at 8 private lots the best option LOL. If leaving early truly the priority, park at someones home a 3/4 a mile or so from the stadium. You will see plenty of people with signs on the lawn.

But, if it is a close game and you stay to the end, really is no easy out..just the facts when 70,000 people leaving one place at the same time.

In terms of private, bigger lots, this one here is the best.

Hammer's Lot - The TBD preferred Tailgate Spot

Lots o porto potiies, pull in whenever ou want, good crowd of folks. Make friends there early and don't be a "you gus suck, we have 14 in a row, your town blows, we are better people cause our football team wins" and you will have a great time there, and be plenty welcomed. Mention to Hammer(the owner) you read about the lot on Two Bills Drive and he will make sure to take good care of you. Also tell him on the way in that you need to make an early getaway, and he will park you in the right place. Now, if i were you, i would join TBD and then send Hammer (Hammerd A Lot) a PM, explain the situation now, and he will reserve a place for you..he is that nice a guy and welcomes fans from the visiting team.

On that map, you will also see the campus for ECC. Bit of a walk to the stadium, but we often tailgate there, and it is prolly the easiest get away if you stay till the end. Not enough pot o porties if you have ladies in the gruop, bit generally enough tress for the boys. PM me if you want the best direction in and out of that lot.

On the fieldhouse, I would say bag it.. the tailgates are way more fun

You will have a great time at the Ralph, enjoy your trip

Lots empty out quickly compared to Foxboro and it's easy to get onto the highway.

That being said, I avoid the stadium lot at all costs. I've been caught in a nightmare there just last year. The cops ushered me in, about 10 cars behind me, it was like driving through the apocalypse. Finally there was nothing I could do, no parking spots, couldn't go any further. Nothing but trash bins burning in front of me and cars parked haphazardly. I looked over to my right and there was a huge RV with a cable TV shows markings on the side. A party under an awning on one side and a table on the other. A bunch of the cars that followed me in were stuck behind me. I got out of my car, went inside the party inside the RV where there were a lot of hot women, and I saw that Guy Fieri was in there having a tailgate party. I asked someone who had the show's official shirt on if I could park next to the van by removing the table they had there (it was empty). he said sure. So I found a parking spot. Meanwhile, I had a British friend in the car going to his first game and he abandoned the car and came looking for me because he said Bills' hooligans were chanting A-Hole for him blocking traffic, and he feared for his life. When I got back to the car, they were still chanting A-Hole but at a fan wearing a Brady shirt.

All I'm trying to say is that the stadium lot was a nightmare.

City smack??? I've lived in several different places and been all over the world. I'll put my quality of life in Buffalo against anyone. I've also found that people who feel the need to insult someone's hometown tend to be insecure about their own place in life. Plus, we all can be booming metropolises like Mizzola, montana. :D

I stayed near Buffalo a couple of years ago.. The neighborhood I was in was excellent - nice homes, good restaurants nearby etc... Nothing to complain about. I thought it was pretty nice.

If ure coming from canada i would recommend leaving very early because the traffic at the border is going to be insane with canadians coming over for the world junior hockey tournament, the bills game and boxing day

If ure coming from canada i would recommend leaving very early because the traffic at the border is going to be insane with canadians coming over for the world junior hockey tournament, the bills game and boxing day

That's a great point!! You might consider coming over the lewiston Queenston bridge instaed of the Peace Bridge if yu are coming from Toronto/Hamilton area.

That's a great point!! You might consider coming over the lewiston Queenston bridge instaed of the Peace Bridge if yu are coming from Toronto/Hamilton area.

Usually Lewiston/Queenston is a lot more crowded, and also further out of the way for getting to Ralph Wilson Stadium since the 190 is your most direct route.

My suggestions: use the Duty Free shortcuts at the Rainbow or Peace Bridge.

At the Rainbow, go to Duty Free and merge onto the bridge from the DF parking lot. It's a max 10-15 minute wait from there, even when there's a 2 hour backup.

At the Peace Bridge, get off the Duty free exit but instead of going to DF, head straight on the offramp. Take a right onto Central Avenue, then immediately another right onto the Peace Bridge sign. Reason being is that the Duty Free exit is a couple of miles long, and you bypass a couple miles of bridge traffic by getting off the DF/Central Ave exit, then getting right back onto the Peace Bridge on ramp.

So the Bills lot's don't open till 9..if you want to start at 8 private lots are the best option, and even if you do not want to start at 8 private lots the best option LOL. If leaving early truly the priority, park at someones home a 3/4 a mile or so from the stadium. You will see plenty of people with signs on the lawn.

But, if it is a close game and you stay to the end, really is no easy out..just the facts when 70,000 people leaving one place at the same time.

In terms of private, bigger lots, this one here is the best.

Hammer's Lot - The TBD preferred Tailgate Spot

Lots o porto potiies, pull in whenever ou want, good crowd of folks. Make friends there early and don't be a "you gus suck, we have 14 in a row, your town blows, we are better people cause our football team wins" and you will have a great time there, and be plenty welcomed. Mention to Hammer(the owner) you read about the lot on Two Bills Drive and he will make sure to take good care of you. Also tell him on the way in that you need to make an early getaway, and he will park you in the right place. Now, if i were you, i would join TBD and then send Hammer (Hammerd A Lot) a PM, explain the situation now, and he will reserve a place for you..he is that nice a guy and welcomes fans from the visiting team.

On that map, you will also see the campus for ECC. Bit of a walk to the stadium, but we often tailgate there, and it is prolly the easiest get away if you stay till the end. Not enough pot o porties if you have ladies in the gruop, bit generally enough tress for the boys. PM me if you want the best direction in and out of that lot.

On the fieldhouse, I would say bag it.. the tailgates are way more fun

You will have a great time at the Ralph, enjoy your trip

Hey man....thank you very much for the advice. Really appreciate it....gonna head on over to TBD now. Merry Christmas!

Lots empty out quickly compared to Foxboro and it's easy to get onto the highway.

That being said, I avoid the stadium lot at all costs. I've been caught in a nightmare there just last year. The cops ushered me in, about 10 cars behind me, it was like driving through the apocalypse. Finally there was nothing I could do, no parking spots, couldn't go any further. Nothing but trash bins burning in front of me and cars parked haphazardly. I looked over to my right and there was a huge RV with a cable TV shows markings on the side. A party under an awning on one side and a table on the other. A bunch of the cars that followed me in were stuck behind me. I got out of my car, went inside the party inside the RV where there were a lot of hot women, and I saw that Guy Fieri was in there having a tailgate party. I asked someone who had the show's official shirt on if I could park next to the van by removing the table they had there (it was empty). he said sure. So I found a parking spot. Meanwhile, I had a British friend in the car going to his first game and he abandoned the car and came looking for me because he said Bills' hooligans were chanting A-Hole for him blocking traffic, and he feared for his life. When I got back to the car, they were still chanting A-Hole but at a fan wearing a Brady shirt.

All I'm trying to say is that the stadium lot was a nightmare.

Thanks....we know what to avoid now! Merry Christmas.

2 great tix for Bills game 9/25/11 from Bills season tix holder

I could not start a new thread nor insert link to stadium seat view because I do not have 30 posts. I am a long-time remote (Richmond, VA) Bills season ticket holder but can't travel this year to the Pats game. I have great seats on the 35-yd line behind the visiting team bench: sec 113, row 6, seats 1-2. I could give or sell these to Bills fans but usually post for the visiting team since you can be up close to your team. Visiting teams at Ralph Wilson stadium are close to the field and can high-five players before game, etc. Go to buffalobills.com, select Tickets, Stadium Seating Chart, and go to sec 113 by the field. You will be able to get a view from row 11 but I am closer to the field and closer to the 40 because end of row. $300 for the pair - compare with stubhub but you will not be in seats 1-2. First one that works out a payment with me gets 'em. I will take texts 804.641.2088. Great stadium to enjoy the tailgating.

hey guys since most of the info is atleast a year old. Im heading down to buffalo for the game, will I be safe wearing my brady jersey?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back