PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hahahaha you guys are crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncoted

Banned
Reaction score
This pass interference was bogus, but wasn't that a first down pass at the NE 40? Who's to say the Broncos don't get that TD anyway, or a FG out of that? Besides, when the Patriots got the infamous "Tuck Rule" call, I really didn't see you guys complaining. At least this one didn't directly affect the outcome of this game.

Second, YOU CAN NOT SAY FOR SURE that the Bailey INT was fumbled out of the endzone. IN FACT, after reviewing the replay on my computer, I can tell you when you draw a line from where the fumble occured and where the ball landed, the ball was a good 1 1/2 yards in the playing field.....

Finally, you complain about the Patriots giving the Broncos the ball 5 times. Guess what? The Broncos forced 4 of those turnovers. Only one of those was a gift. If you're gonna fault the Broncos for forcing 4 turnovers and winning the games, you should badmouth your own team for forcing turnovers on other teams over this three year run. I guess the 2001 St. Louis Rams were the better team according to your logic?

The Broncos won this game because they were the better team and they outplayed you PERIOD. This takes nothing away from the Patriots for the last 4 years because they have been the absolute envy of the entire league and their run has been nothing short of spectacular. However for you Patriot fans, I leave you with this final statement.....quit being babies and act like men. GOOD DAY!

broncoted said:
This pass interference was bogus, but wasn't that a first down pass at the NE 40? Who's to say the Broncos don't get that TD anyway, or a FG out of that? Besides, when the Patriots got the infamous "Tuck Rule" call, I really didn't see you guys complaining. At least this one didn't directly affect the outcome of this game.

Second, YOU CAN NOT SAY FOR SURE that the Bailey INT was fumbled out of the endzone. IN FACT, after reviewing the replay on my computer, I can tell you when you draw a line from where the fumble occured and where the ball landed, the ball was a good 1 1/2 yards in the playing field.....

Finally, you complain about the Patriots giving the Broncos the ball 5 times. Guess what? The Broncos forced 4 of those turnovers. Only one of those was a gift. If you're gonna fault the Broncos for forcing 4 turnovers and winning the games, you should badmouth your own team for forcing turnovers on other teams over this three year run. I guess the 2001 St. Louis Rams were the better team according to your logic?

The Broncos won this game because they were the better team and they outplayed you PERIOD. This takes nothing away from the Patriots for the last 4 years because they have been the absolute envy of the entire league and their run has been nothing short of spectacular. However for you Patriot fans, I leave you with this final statement.....quit being babies and act like men. GOOD DAY!

Agreed, the better team won today. Congrats and good luck in the future.

DXF10701150214.jpg

C'mon, there is no way the Broncos won that game, the pats just LOST it to them...

lmao!!!!!!

scott99 said:
Agreed, the better team won today. Congrats and good luck in the future.

Thank you sir, you are a class act....and like I said, the Patriots run here is one of the greatest accomplishments I will ever witness in my lifetime and all Pats fans should be proud of their team. I have absolute the most respect for that team and what they've accomplished. A true champion, they are.

Bronco Freak said:
DXF10701150214.jpg

C'mon, there is no way the Broncos won that game, the pats just LOST it to them...

lmao!!!!!!

heh! nice.

get lost you broncos trolls. i understand you are happy, if my team one the 1st playoff game in 7 years i would be also. yeah you won, great. at least our qb doesnt get called "jake the fake" and look like he just walked out of a cave in 400 B.C. and enough with the tuck rule, anyone who knows the game knows that was the correct call based on the rule.

PatsFan24 said:
get lost you broncos trolls. i understand you are happy, if my team one the 1st playoff game in 7 years i would be also. yeah you won, great. at least our qb doesnt get called "jake the fake" and look like he just walked out of a cave in 400 B.C. and enough with the tuck rule, anyone who knows the game knows that was the correct call based on the rule.

Please,deep down inside you know that call was bogus, just like tonight's pass interference....Like I said you have nothing to be embarrassed about if you're a Patriot fan...that team is a champion....my problem is the ridiculous "The refs gave the Broncos 17 points" "It was obvious Bailey fumbled the ball out of the endzone"....PLEASE...just stop.....I'm assuming the emotions will be taken out of your posts and you will turn back to writing rational posts.

it was the right call based on the rule at the time. you can say the rule was bad all you want, but the fact is that was the rule at the time of the call.

PatsFan24 said:
it was the right call based on the rule at the time. you can say the rule was bad all you want, but the fact is that was the rule at the time of the call.

Hahaha I know about the rule, and there's no way they could overturn that call NO WAY....but whatever, im not here to talk about that....

I agree with some of the stuff you say, but admittedly not everything

broncoted said:

It's true, maybe that was penalty karma in effect (I always disagreed with that call). However, it's an awful crappy excuse to pin on an awful crappy call. I would argue it very much affected the outcome of the game: it was the Broncos' first touchdown and gave them the lead, and we all know how well they play with the lead.

This was the only part of the game that I was furious with. Partly because it was a great play by Watson that was made possible by arrongance from Bailey, but also because I very much disagree with what you say. Bailey's running at a decent trot at that point and sticks his arm out with the ball as he's hit, so in effect he's THROWING it forward. He's hit at the 1 yard line. Do the math. PLUS, if you watched what happened, after he was hit he looked up, and immediately hit his head back onto the turf; I thought he was injured, but turns out he was fine. IT'S CAUSE HE KNEW WHAT HE DID. You're right, there was no direct camera angle to show that the ball went past the pylon, but this play won the game for you guys, it's criminal.

Again, I disagree. Brown fumbling the ball wasn't forced in any way, shape or form. Hobbes fumbling the ball was a lucky ass hit by your punter. Brady's last interception was born from desperation, he threw into TRIPLE coverage. Bailey's pick was a decent play, but it's not fair to say he forced it, Brady shouldn't have thrown it there.

Finally, I disagree with the fact that the Broncos won because they were the better team. Until you guys had a nice lead to sit on, the Patriots were completely dominating the game. Please don't mistake this for whining, but it's a simple fact that this game was won by 3 turnovers.

broncoted said:
Hahaha I know about the rule, and there's no way they could overturn that call NO WAY....but whatever, im not here to talk about that....

they are not suppost to make the wrong calls! esp when they look at replay! and the call DID get overturned, it was orginally called a fumble.

CheerforTom said:
I agree with some of the stuff you say, but admittedly not everything

Ok, lets go over this again. The PI was bogus, in no way did the Broncos win the game because of it. Again, that was a 1st down pass at YOUR 40 yard line. Who's to say they don't score anything.

Again, I have no idea what replay you Patriot fans are seeing in regards to that Bailey pick. Bailey slammed his head to the turf because he was TIRED. The man just ran 100 yards. There was NOTHING, NOTHING proving that ball was fumbled out of the endzone. Ask anybody if they could 100% prove that ball was out. In my honest opinion, I think I could make a strong case that ball was in bounds.

The five turnovers....you point out the Brown muff, I'll give that one to you, but THATS IT. Yes Brady threw that 2nd pick in desparation, but you guys are the ones including that in your statement "We made five turnovers and lost". The other three turnovers were forced. I don't see how a defense doesn't get credit for stripping the ball....the Broncos have been doing that all year. So the two fumbles and especially the int to Bailey in the endzone was caused by the Broncos defense and special teams.

Finally, the better team did win. This is the 2nd time the Broncos beat the Patriots and even with the yards Brady got passing, he couldn't punch them into the endzone until that semi garbage TD they got in the 4th quarter.

You lost, fair and square.

PatsFan24 said:
they are not suppost to make the wrong calls! esp when they look at replay! and the call DID get overturned, it was orginally called a fumble.

Yes I'm very aware what happened on that play and there was nothing conclusive to prove what the refs said what happened happened....I mean, I dont care, I was rooting for you guys anyway to beat the stupid Raiders.

broncoted said:
Ok, lets go over this again. The PI was bogus, in no way did the Broncos win the game because of it. Again, that was a 1st down pass at YOUR 40 yard line. Who's to say they don't score anything.

Again, I have no idea what replay you Patriot fans are seeing in regards to that Bailey pick. Bailey slammed his head to the turf because he was TIRED. The man just ran 100 yards. There was NOTHING, NOTHING proving that ball was fumbled out of the endzone. Ask anybody if they could 100% prove that ball was out. In my honest opinion, I think I could make a strong case that ball was in bounds.

The five turnovers....you point out the Brown muff, I'll give that one to you, but THATS IT. Yes Brady threw that 2nd pick in desparation, but you guys are the ones including that in your statement "We made five turnovers and lost". The other three turnovers were forced. I don't see how a defense doesn't get credit for stripping the ball....the Broncos have been doing that all year. So the two fumbles and especially the int to Bailey in the endzone was caused by the Broncos defense and special teams.

Finally, the better team did win. This is the 2nd time the Broncos beat the Patriots and even with the yards Brady got passing, he couldn't punch them into the endzone until that semi garbage TD they got in the 4th quarter.

You lost, fair and square.

You're right, we did lose fair and square, and don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise, seriously. I think (and you seem to agree) that there were some questionable calls, but that's not an excuse. The Broncos beat the Patriots.

However, I don't think you're really listening to what I'm saying. I didn't say they wouldn't get ANY points off the PI call, but our D was doing great. A field goal wouldn't have gotten you the lead.

I don't know where you get off screaming that there's nothing to indicate that the ball was in the end zone, and then claim to be able to prove that it wasn't... the point is there was no evidence to show WHERE it was, and that's why they didn't overturn the call. MY point is that simple physics show that it must have been in the endzone: he was running forward, held the ball out and threw it forward with his arm.

About the turnovers themselves, I don't understand why the Brown one is THATS IT, but then Brady's desperate pass is immediately also included on the list... and come on, your PUNTER forcing a fumble? Are you serious, you want that counted as a legitimate play by your team? If so, don't count on it against the Colts... :eek:

Finally, the fact that you called out lone TD 'semi-garbage' when it was far more work than any of yours (especially the setup, a huge pass even when you were in prevent) shows your bias.

CheerforTom said:
You're right, we did lose fair and square, and don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise, seriously. I think (and you seem to agree) that there were some questionable calls, but that's not an excuse. The Broncos beat the Patriots.

However, I don't think you're really listening to what I'm saying. I didn't say they wouldn't get ANY points off the PI call, but our D was doing great. A field goal wouldn't have gotten you the lead.

I don't know where you get off screaming that there's nothing to indicate that the ball was in the end zone, and then claim to be able to prove that it wasn't... the point is there was no evidence to show WHERE it was, and that's why they didn't overturn the call. MY point is that simple physics show that it must have been in the endzone: he was running forward, held the ball out and threw it forward with his arm.

About the turnovers themselves, I don't understand why the Brown one is THATS IT, but then Brady's desperate pass is immediately also included on the list... and come on, your PUNTER forcing a fumble? Are you serious, you want that counted as a legitimate play by your team? If so, don't count on it against the Colts... :eek:

Finally, the fact that you called out lone TD 'semi-garbage' when it was far more work than any of yours (especially the setup, a huge pass even when you were in prevent) shows your bias.

"
I don't know where you get off screaming that there's nothing to indicate that the ball was in the end zone, and then claim to be able to prove that it wasn't... the point is there was no evidence to show WHERE it was, and that's why they didn't overturn the call. MY point is that simple physics show that it must have been in the endzone: he was running forward, held the ball out and threw it forward with his arm."

Simple physics? hahaha ok, simple physics also tells me that when you draw a line from where the ball is released to where it lands will tell me the path of the ball and the path I drew up on my comp from the overhead view tells me that the ball was 1 1/2 yards within the field of play.

You guys are the ones claiming 5 turnovers cost you the game, but i'm not really counting Brady's desperation throw as something that affected the game. That leaves us with 4. The only one gifted to us was Brown's muff. The others were forced by the Broncos, I don't care if the punter made one of them. Sauerbrun specifically put his helmet on the ball, and last time I checked, he's wearing a Bronco uniform punter or not. The Broncos as a team made the plays to win this game.

And yes, the reason why the Patriots TD was semi garbage is because the Broncos played a prevent defense which was completely different than the way they played the rest of the game. It was a 24-6 lead at the time so they strayed from what got them there.

You can lie about the Bailey interception all you want, but everyone outside of New England will view that argument for what it is....sour grapes.

You're claiming the punter has the ability to force a fumble, and that it had nothing to do with a mistake by a New England player?

I never claimed 5 turnovers cost us the game, I can't help what other people say. I'm not "you guys". Three did: particularily the Bailey return. That shouldn't have happened because Brady shouldn't have thrown the ball there. If he was under big pressure then sure, that's forced. But give credit where credit's due: it was Brady's decision to throw to somebody covered by Bailey.

Dude, do you know what prevent defense is? It's when you drop your secondary waaaayy back to PREVENT a long pass. Brady then threw one long ass pass. That's not garbage, it's impressive: moreso than getting to the end zone on an interception or a blown call.

CheerforTom said:
You're claiming the punter has the ability to force a fumble, and that it had nothing to do with a mistake by a New England player?

I never claimed 5 turnovers cost us the game, I can't help what other people say. I'm not "you guys". Three did: particularily the Bailey return. That shouldn't have happened because Brady shouldn't have thrown the ball there. If he was under big pressure then sure, that's forced. But give credit where credit's due: it was Brady's decision to throw to somebody covered by Bailey.

Dude, do you know what prevent defense is? It's when you drop your secondary waaaayy back to PREVENT a long pass. Brady then threw one long ass pass. That's not garbage, it's impressive: moreso than getting to the end zone on an interception or a blown call.

Ok first, why can't the punter force a fumble? He's got on a uniform. Did you see that play? He put his helmet on the ball. Thats exactly what you do when you want to force a fumble. That's how many fumbles are caused.

2nd, yes Brady shouldn't have thrown that ball but again, that was casued by Denver's defense putting pressure on him. I'm not sure where you say Denver didn't pressure him. Did you notice he was running when he threw that? Our safety was charging him and made him throw it. An equally great play by Bailey sealed your fate.

Yes Brady completed that long pass late, but Denver played defense a different way they had played the entire game and it cost them. I said it was semi-garbage for that reason. Im not sure they get that 70 yard reception if the Broncos play it the normal way.

Last edited:
Ted, we don't have to justify the win yesterday. Our team made the big plays to win the game, and that's all that matters.

SCOREBOARD!!!

14 pt win.

broncoted said:

Well said, Bronco Ted!!! I agree, the Broncos forced those turnovers and deserved to win the game. The defense was really tough inside the 20 where they had to be, just like NE has been in past years and will be again. No excuses, you guys won the game fair and square!! Don't think for a second, though, that last night's game signals the end of the Pats run. They WILL regroup, go into the offseason with vengeance on their minds, and come out hard and ready to play next year!!!!!! I look forward to playoff matches with the Broncos in the future, and good luck to the Broncos the rest of the way.

First thing is first.. Broncos won that game, hands down, the team with the greater score at the end of the 4th quarter will ALWAYS win the game, no questions asked (but the winner is not always the better team)..I can understand the fury in the hearts of bronco fans right now, and it seems like the pats fans are scrambling for excuses..but there isnt an excuse,not at all, we got this far with what we got, played with what we had and in my opinion dominated game...this is just my opinion..but what we do have are 2 blown calls by the refs...You can sit here and tell me this and that..but I ve looked at the replays, ive talked about it until my face is blue.. being at our 40 with one more shot ( with the way our defense was playing) and being at our 5 with a new fresh set of downs is a BIG difference, a BALL game of a difference...bottom line is this..Broncos cashed in wether the poistion of the ball was handed to them or earned (you did not earn a score until the 4th qt btw...if u sit here and tell me jake plummer or any of ur rbs lit up our defense i will laugh non stop until next season) that champ bailey call ill give u the benefit of the doubt..if it was called our way and shanahan challenged it woulda stayed our way, and luckily for u.. it was called ur way..and stayed ur way..But BEFOREEEEEEEEEEE..the champ bailey int I saw a Horrendous pass interference in the endzone that should have eliminated that INT all toghter and gave us a fresh set of downs to punch it in and take the lead and sail into the afc championship..but no flag was thrown..and call stuck and we get screwed..i will not sit here and cry thou...the broncos won, there is NO question about that..did they deserve to win??I dont know that is a tough one, i didnt see much from the offense or defensive side of the ball that impressed me ( u guys impressed me in the regular season , so i am NOT being a hater or biased)..but stats, guts and blood and sweat unfortunately do not determine the winner of games, points do.. and u guys pucnhed in when u had the chance to..earned or unearned..good luck...and if u guys dont shape up, the steelers are going to trample u on the way to detroit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back