PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can fans let the NFL know the officiating is garbage?

I love football and realize how precious every remaining Brady and BB game is precious. That said, 30ish penalties a game makes it unwatchable. I would rather miss a half a season now than the have all of their remaining games ruined by this ********. There's too many stops and commercials during NFL games as it is. This increase of penalties makes it unbearable.

The only thing the NFL cares about is revenue. If enough people stop watching, the NFL will be forced to react.
I think what we're seeing is the league abandoning diehard fans in favor of the wider-demographic casual fan/fantasy football enthusiasts. For instance, the brother of a friend of mine is a fantasy football geek who never watches full games, just NFL Redzone while reading stats all afternoon on his smartphone. This is the crap we're up against.

I think what we're seeing is the league abandoning diehard fans in favor of the wider-demographic casual fan/fantasy football enthusiasts. For instance, the brother of a friend of mine is a fantasy football geek who never watches full games, just NFL Redzone while reading stats all afternoon on his smartphone. This is the crap we're up against.
That's because they know the diehards aren't going anywhere. The casual fans haven't started tuning in yet and they know all the people currently whining aren't going anywhere.

I think everybody can agree that it was Seattle defeating the Forehead that led to the new rule enforcement.

But, Seattle v San Diego: Seattle earned 8 flags, San Diego 7. Wut Wut?

I wrote to [email protected] and it bounced back.

Take a vacation day, go to NYC, get a big pepperoni pizza and a liter of Coke, bring a folding chair and sit outside this address in the late afternoon...

default_bg_88.png

NFL Headquarters
Office
345 Park Ave, New York, NY 10154, United States

Eventually the smiling jackazz goondell head will come barging through the revolving doors in front. Ask him for spare draft picks and hold out your Pats cap.

the redskins and the browns are marching up and down the field...

neither team can catch, throw, or run it. good thing all those penalty yards are there to supplement these offenses tonight.

Johnny Foozball...really...is this a joke or what? Hoyer HAS to be the starter if they expect to compete...maybe they don't. I'd hate to be a Browns fan right now

Write them and/or stop watching. There were 29 flags last night. That's ****ing pathetic. At that pace, the referees are going to be A-list celebrities by Week 15. And if that keeps up, it's going to make it very difficult for me to watch games... even Pats games.
it sickens me to watch a once perfect game slowly being ruined brick by brick. i used to look forward to this time of year. not so much anymore.

Tonight there are about to be 30 flags. Commentator are now telling us "wow no flag in a couple plays" pathetic...

you're too insane....Captain Beefheartdell wants casual, plastic fantastic lovers for his vision of the New World Out-Of-Order.

...oh golly goshareeny!! there's another flag...and it's tafeta!...I just adore tafeta fabric don't you, Hortense?...

In other news, Uber-obermarshal Goondell has decreed that all NFL dissidents who oppose his new rules will be rounded up and castrated as punishment for their treason....more on this and other breaking NFL news on the NFLN, right after this commercial break for Ray Lewis's new sitcom "Murder She Never Wrote"...

Johnny Foozball...really...is this a joke or what? Hoyer HAS to be the starter if they expect to compete...maybe they don't. I'd hate to be a Browns fan right now

The kid is a joke. He's got Josh Gordon in the 4th quarter lined up against a bunch of Washington scrubs and still can't take advantage of it.

I keep watching this kid and it nags me...he LOOKS like another player in his facial expressions on the field....the wide eyes, the searching looks to the sideline...it kept bugging me...and then, after I went and took a nice dump it came to me...Tony Romo. He's mini-Tony....

Uh, they watch soccer...

Soccer has basically no stoppages in play. There are plenty of valid criticisms of the sport, but that really isn't one of them.

Soccer has basically no stoppages in play. There are plenty of valid criticisms of the sport, but that really isn't one of them.

I thought we were talking about waiting around for something to happen. If running around and passing the ball back and forth and not scoring for a whole game is action, then I'm wrong.

I thought we were talking about waiting around for something to happen. If running around and passing the ball back and forth and not scoring for a whole game is action, then I'm wrong.

This is the same logic behind the new point of emphasis that's causing all these flags: the idea that scoring is all that matters. The more scoring the better, because apparently it's impossible for a sport to be good except when points are being scored.

It's a weird sort of hypocrisy that's easy to see around here. Someone will complain that Goodell is ruining football in an effort to make it higher-scoring, then will complain that soccer sucks because there isn't enough scoring.

wait a minute...I've been here from the start when Ian launched this board and I have NEVER read anything approximate to "there's not enough scoring". Maybe my memory is failing me or maybe it's a gigantic straw man.

you're too insane....Captain Beefheartdell wants casual, plastic fantastic lovers for his vision of the New World Out-Of-Order.
beefheartdell???? plastic fantastic lovers? lmao i would be very happy with the nfl of ten years ago if i cant have plastic fantastic lovers as much as i want that.

This is the same logic behind the new point of emphasis that's causing all these flags: the idea that scoring is all that matters. The more scoring the better, because apparently it's impossible for a sport to be good except when points are being scored.

It's a weird sort of hypocrisy that's easy to see around here. Someone will complain that Goodell is ruining football in an effort to make it higher-scoring, then will complain that soccer sucks because there isn't enough scoring.

Well, if you like scoreless ties settled by the equivalent of short field goals, that's what you like.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back