PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Shane Vereen isn't a Patriot next year...

This is 45 minutes of pure RB bliss. Highlights from every Ameer Abdullah game this season. He's working his way back into high second round consideration for me. I haven't watched any Gordon tape do I won't include him, but aside from Gordon, Abdullah is my second ranked RB behind Gurley. Aside from his fumbles which I think are less of an issue than some think, Abdullah is a GREAT Patriots fit.

And a brief Bio. Check out his uni in his early days. Foreshadowing?

I Like Ameer Abdullah, he is a great fit for the team, and fills a role that will be needed. Im just not sure he is worth a 2nd round pick, when there will be so much other talent on the board that I feel could make a bigger all around impact. As a fit for the Patriots, Telvin Coleman, Ameer Abdullah, and Gurley are the ONLY backs I would want on this team, and thats where I believe the problem lies, because all of these players will go too high for my likings. Especially considering the depth of the O-line and pass rushers in the first two rounds this year. (al thought it appears its looking even deeper then that.

I think we should take a look at Roy Helu jr, or Amhad Bradshaw on a fairly discount deal to replace vereen. This should buy us a year until next years draft, where I feel there are better pass catching RB's. I also think Tyler Gaffney is a underrated pass catcher and could be counted as a 3rd security blanket in rb catching department behind Roy, or Bradshaw, or James white, and who knows, maybe even compete for top duties.

Last edited:
jeremy langford ran a nice 40. fastest RB this year

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes