PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats could get add any one player to there team who would you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatch62

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
If the Pats had to go into next year with the same roster that they have now but they got to add any ONE NFL player to the team who would you want?

Maybe a young 'shut-down' CB like Darrelle Revis?

Patrick Willis. The best young (hell maybe the best period) ILB in the game.

A pass rushing force like DeMarcus Ware.

A legit weapon at RB like Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson.

For me it has to be the RB and the RB has to be a work horse. If the Pats had a guy that could grind out the tough yards, keep the chains moving, keep defenses honest I think the Pats would be elite even with a weak D. I think we all remember when we had 'Clock Killin' Corey Dillon. His speed was going by the time he got here but he still was horse. The player that I would take is Peterson. While the fumble issue concerns me I figure if Tiki Barber can be thaught to hold on to the ball Peterson can too.

Demarcus Ware
Calvin or Andre Johnson
ECD
Revis
Willis

Last edited:
I've said this in like five threads now but I'd really like to see Terrell Owens in Foxboro. He is the best FA WR currently available, he put up decent numbers considering the team surrounding him in Buffalo and he'll come cheap.

I understand people have concerns about his attitude. But let's be honest, we all know Brady and Belichick won't put up with the same things other teams did... And TO has to know that. He is apparently good friends with Randy despite their rivalry and would instantly give us a serious deep threat that would demand double coverages opposite Moss.

I'd love to see us sign him to a one-year deal, similar to the one we gave Randy. Assuming he comes cheap, it would be a minimum risk, maximum reward scenario, imo.

EDIT: Thought you were talking about free-agents. I'd add Chris Johnson if I could add any player from the NFL.

Last edited:
I think the call for Willis is a good one. Something like 150 sole tackles this year.
Would also like to See Ray Rice in this team (time will heal all wounds)

but
A fully fit Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu would be my choice.

Last edited:
Give me Dansby any day of the week.

I have a headache just thinking about this. Really can't go wrong with any of the choices that have been proposed.

IMO, other than mistake free, solid QB play, defenses win championships.

I'd have to go with Revis or Ware. Shutdown corners and sack-master OLBs are tough to find.

My .02$

I've said this in like five threads now but I'd really like to see Terrell Owens in Foxboro. He is the best FA WR currently available, he put up decent numbers considering the team surrounding him in Buffalo and he'll come cheap.

I understand people have concerns about his attitude. But let's be honest, we all know Brady and Belichick won't put up with the same things other teams did... And TO has to know that. He is apparently good friends with Randy despite their rivalry and would instantly give us a serious deep threat that would demand double coverages opposite Moss.

I'd love to see us sign him to a one-year deal, similar to the one we gave Randy. Assuming he comes cheap, it would be a minimum risk, maximum reward scenario, imo.

EDIT: Thought you were talking about free-agents. I'd add Chris Johnson if I could add any player from the NFL.

You apparently missed much of the locker room drama this season... Leadership is now an issue here going forward. No more attitude reclamation projects. This team isn't equipped to handle them as in the past and they can't afford to undertake any more until they re-establish the correct culture in the clubhouse.

The best defensive impact player available... probably a Demarcus Ware, Karlos Dansby.. or the like...

As much as I like Revis... would prefer someone who can raise hell for the D...

Any player?

I would take one of the best DE/OLB pass rushers in the league, like Demarcus Ware or Jared Allen, but since the Patriots need a DE for the 3/4, Julius Peppers might make more sense.

Darrell Revis or Asomugha would be next, I guess.

Only then would I be looking for top WRs like Larry Fitzgerald.

The Patriots need to really look at Florida's Carlos Dunlap in the draft to see if he can hold up character-wise in the NFL, because 295 pounders with amazing athleticism and pass rush abilities do not come around that often.

I think our biggest need defensively is pass rush. Our corners would have looked better if they didnt have to defend for SO LONG. So I would love to see a Ware, Merriman type LB or a Jarred Allen, Mario Williams DE. offensively, I think we were truely weakest at the line. We have power house RB's in faulk, Morris, and Taylor (NOT LM) and big time receivers can be made with a tall guy with speed and a guy like TB throwing him the ball. Light is not cutting it any more. Vollmer is better and younger. Neal isn't coming back. We need younger lineman.

You apparently missed much of the locker room drama this season... Leadership is now an issue here going forward. No more attitude reclamation projects. This team isn't equipped to handle them as in the past and they can't afford to undertake any more until they re-establish the correct culture in the clubhouse.

TO's locker room problems are over blown, imo... But you have a point. I didn't miss any of the drama this year... There is clearly a leadership void that needs to be filled. But the fact remains, TO is the best proven WR we can go get right now and he won't come with a big price tag.

I'd love to see him in Foxboro.

Last edited:
I think the offen-sieve and defen-seive lines need the most help.

Any player?

I would take one of the best DE/OLB pass rushers in the league, like Demarcus Ware or Jared Allen, but since the Patriots need a DE for the 3/4, Julius Peppers might make more sense.

Darrell Revis or Asomugha would be next, I guess.

Only then would I be looking for top WRs like Larry Fitzgerald.

The Patriots need to really look at Florida's Carlos Dunlap in the draft to see if he can hold up character-wise in the NFL, because 295 pounders with amazing athleticism and pass rush abilities do not come around that often.

Julius Peppers would be playing OLB in a 3-4, playing him at end in a 3-4 is wasting his talent.

Calvin Johnson. Bring him in and book your Super Bowl tickets.

When I read the thread title on the main page the first person that I thought of was DeMarcus Ware. Now that I think about it a little more... DeMarcus Ware.

I believe his presence alone would improve the DB's. I would also like to see Justin Tuck, Osi Youmenyoura (sp??), Patrick Willis or David Harris in a Pat's uni.

Last edited:
Peyton Manning... Just Kidding, someone that knows how pressure a QB? Jared Allen, Dumervil?

Ware, Woodley, Asomugha, Revis, Harrison

In that order

Darrelle Revis because it'd mean the Jets wouldn't have him

I'd say Revis.

A guy like that transforms a defense greater than one individual player at any other position because it makes the other 10 guys better. The schemes you can come up with when the other team's #1 is totally neutralized.

This season has literally been the greatest that a CB has ever had. :eek:

We'll see if he gets complacent or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes