PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In-Stadium Practice rant about autographs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well me and my buddy got there 2 hours early as usual.. First in line and ran to get front row right where the come out....ok great....after practice all the players went to the other side of the stairs...I have a Moss autntic jersey i really wanted to get signed...he was on the other side...yellin for his name showing him the jersey but nothing.....ughhh guess there is next year...end rant lol

Well me and my buddy got there 2 hours early as usual.. First in line and ran to get front row right where the come out....ok great....after practice all the players went to the other side of the stairs...I have a Moss autntic jersey i really wanted to get signed...he was on the other side...yellin for his name showing him the jersey but nothing.....ughhh guess there is next year...end rant lol

honestly signatures are really stupid. i could see a picture.

mail me your shirt and i'll sign it "randy noss";)

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. It is a disappointment to end up empty handed, but when you get the one you want it is an AWESOME feeling. I'm 26 years old and for some reason I haven't been able to shake the autograph bug.

Randy Moss is my number one target too.

I can't complain though because over the past few years I have been fortunate enough to get autographs from....

Rodney Harrison
Tedy Bruschi
Corey Dillon
Troy Brown
Deion Branch
David Givens
Mike Vrabel
Doug Flutie
Willie McGinest
Matt Light
Ellis Hobbs
Asante Samuel
Eugene Wilson

....yes, I went to camp MANY times.

I feel you though, trust me. I put in the time. I would get to practice very early just as you do.

It's definately a hit or miss proposition.

Two points on the topic:

I find that yelling a big players name over and over (i.e. Randy! Randy! Randy!) is a turn-off and does not work. Sure, with some of the lesser-known guys they appreciate it when you know their first name and can recognize them on sight (i.e. being able to say Hey Antwainn! if you see Antwain Spann). But for the bigger names, everybody is yelling Randy! or Tom! or Tedy! so it just doesn't mean anything.

Not scoring a sig is a bummer, but you can't be bitter. There is NO WAY these guys can make everybody happy and I saw at least 30 people with Moss jerseys all trying to get them signed. Maybe a couple of people went home elated, the rest were dissapointed. No hard feelings.

Yea i saw him signin his jersey on the other side of the stairs...i just wish we sat over there and i would be happy lol...oh well.....the only auto i got was frenando bryant

Yeah, not getting the sig's is a bummer, i've been to camps a bunch of times and left empty handed. It does help to have a young kid with you as some of them usually only sign for kids. I've lucked out a bit, but the biggest was last years camp. My arm was the longest of the people near me and got Tom Brady to sign a picture.
I do agree that some of them don't like to be yelled at, when I got Vrabel's I was in a crowd yelling and I just said "Mike, can you please sign this for me", and he did. Always be sure to thank them too. I get Bruschi's attention usually when he see's my PATS.54 license plate.
All in all its a crapshoot, being in the right spot at the right time.

Hopefully you didn't step on any kids in your quest. Why not leave the autographs for the young fans? After all they can't drink beer yet.

Hopefully you didn't step on any kids in your quest. Why not leave the autographs for the young fans? After all they can't drink beer yet.

I cant eaither! i am 19...so i am in the in-between stage

I guess I don't get autographs. Is is the autograph or is it being face to face with a favorite player? or is it the addiction of collecting things?

would the autograph mean as much if you bought it off of ebay or someone else got it for you?

I was a Tampa's training camp and Jeff Garcia skipped me in line.

I was a Tampa's training camp and Jeff Garcia skipped me in line.
Thay, that's thad - Thjeff ith thupposed to be thuch a thweet guy...not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots