PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets acquire Ryan Fitzpatrick for late-round conditional pick

primetime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Jets acquire Ryan Fitzpatrick for late-round conditional pick

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Texans are trading QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to the New York Jets for a late-round conditional draft pick, per a league source.

I'm actually beginning to despair and think the new Jets regime is pretty smart. Fitzpatrick played well when he wasn't hurt last year (95.3 rtg) and is basically a no-risk stopgap that would allow a Mariota to develop. He's a huge upgrade over Geno, for certain.

It'll be a fascinating division. The Jets and Bills are, no doubt, improved. But they both have Bottom 10 QBs.

It'll be a fascinating division. The Jets and Bills are, no doubt, improved. But they both have Bottom 10 QBs.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has torn up the Patriots secondary in the past...

So are the Jets the new Bills, and the Bills the new Jets? Either way, come on man!:D

Still think the Pats might have the two best QBs in the division, definitely at least number 1 and 3.

Fitzy starts off hot then always finishes with a blizzard of picks & fumbles. A perfect Jet!

If this continues the Jets wont have any draft picks left that the NFL can take away/swap due to tampering.
I'm assuming the conditional pick will be a 2016 pick based on playing time but it's an interesting thought......If they trade away all their picks.........

I'm assuming the conditional pick will be a 2016 pick based on playing time but it's an interesting thought......If they trade away all their picks.........
Maybe Goodell should get off his ass now before they trade away every pick from this year's draft.

Haha, I really hope they now think they're set at QB, cause Fitzmagic ****ing sucks.

Remember when the Bills gave him a $59M contract?

I guess they're rolling with Geno and Fitz and will start whomever sucks less.

If this continues the Jets wont have any draft picks left that the NFL can take away/swap due to tampering.

Ring... ring... ring... Hello, this is Woody.

Woody, it's Roger.

Roger? Roger who?

Roger, the commissioner.

Oh, what 's up? I hope it's not about that tampering stuff again. You know that I already apologized and you said that would be good enough.

Yeah, about that... start getting rid of your draft picks. Try to get rid of all of them except for a 7th rounder so that I can save face by forcing you to swap that pick with the Patriots.

I thought you said I was in the clear? What's changed?

Well, you know that deflated football stuff... well, it's falling apart so the Patriots are starting to gain back some sympathy. I have to do something to make me look good. A 7th won't hurt you too much. And you get to keep the Island.

OK Roger, will do. Thanks for taking such good care of us.

No problem Woody - any time. J. E. T. S. Jets! Jets! Jets!

Which tells you a lot.

I don't think he has played the Patriots since 2012. What does it tell you about this upcoming year about something happened three years ago?

I don't think he has played the Patriots since 2012. What does it tell you about this upcoming year about something happened three years ago?
That it is likely he will put up some points against the Patriots this year.

Fitzpatrick's a decent stopgap and better than people are giving him credit for. He's no superstar but he was very good last year when he wasn't hurt (9th in the league in passer rating, 4th in yards per attempt - above Manning, Brees, Brady, Wilson, Rivers, and Luck among others), and he'll be throwing to a pretty good collection of receivers with Marshall and Decker.

Meanwhile, the Jets basically got him for nothing.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back