PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets acquire Ryan Fitzpatrick for late-round conditional pick

That it is likely he will put up some points against the Patriots this year.

Why is that? He has steadily declined in his game since 2012. I think it tells us nothing. He isn't the same QB. He doesn't have the same players around him. The Pats are not the same on defense.

Fitzpatrick
Ivory
Marshall
Decker
Kerley
Amaro
Cumberland

Harrison
Richardson
Wilkerson

Harris
Davis
Coples
Pace

Revis
Milliner
Skrine
Wilson
Pryor
Landry

It won't surprise me if they add Cromartie back into the DB mix.

As of right now, that is a much better team than it was last year.

Last edited:
Fitzpatrick's a decent stopgap and better than people are giving him credit for. He's no superstar but he was very good last year when he wasn't hurt (9th in the league in passer rating, 4th in yards per attempt - above Manning, Brees, Brady, Wilson, Rivers, and Luck among others), and he'll be throwing to a pretty good collection of receivers with Marshall and Decker.

Meanwhile, the Jets basically got him for nothing.

You are overrating Fitzpatrick. He wasn't very good last year. His passer rating is skued because he only played 11 games and he had an all world game against the Titans where he had 6 TDs vs 0 INTs. Take away that game and he had 11 TDs and 8 INTs in 10 games. Pretty mediocre if you ask me.

He's better than Geno. That's about all I'm comfortable saying about him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has torn up the Patriots secondary in the past...
Agreed, and that was in Chan Gailey's offense, and guess what, Chan Gailey is the Jet's OC. They truly are an improved team. Their defensive front 7 is really good, their weakness was a poor secondary and a poor offense. They've corrected the secondary issue (especially if Cromartie comes back) and helped their offense by bringing in Brandon Marshall and Fitzpatrick, as well as that huge guard they just signed (forgot his name).

Fitzpatrick
Ivory
Marshall
Decker
Kerley
Amaro
Cumberland

Harrison
Richardson
Wilkerson

Harris
Davis
Coples
Pace

Revis
Milliner
Wilson
Pryor
Landry

It won't surprise me if they add Cromartie back into the DB mix.

As of right now, that is a much better team than it was last year.

They added Skrine as well. They go from nothing resembling a NFL starting CB to the best in NFL paired with two decent #2s.

One more season of GeNoooooo , that should be funny.

They added Skrine as well. They go from nothing resembling a NFL starting CB to the best in NFL paired with two decent #2s.

I forgot about Skrine, thanks. I've added him.

Yes, they're already a team the Patriots will probably have to really watch out for. The AFCE looks as if it now has 4 teams that can get into the playoffs.

It'll be a fascinating division. The Jets and Bills are, no doubt, improved. But they both have Bottom 10 QBs.

Their rosters may be improved from last season. Both teams- and the Dolphins- are worse off then they were two weeks ago when they had lots of cap space and an opportunity to build their teams the right way. They've all pretty much p*ssed away their huge amounts of money on a few players that aren't elite QBs. Now they are right back with the Patriots with limited cap space but far inferior rosters.

I forgot about Skrine, thanks. I've added him.

Yes, they're already a team the Patriots will probably have to really watch out for. The AFCE looks as if it now has 4 teams that can get into the playoffs.

Call me a homer, but I can acknowledge good teams when I see them. I highly doubt any team in the AFC East besides the Patriots finishes above .500 next year. These teams are all hitching their wagons to a couple of franchise saviors who won't make the impact they are looking for. Then things will start to get sour very fast.

Call me a homer, but I can acknowledge good teams when I see them. I highly doubt any team in the AFC East besides the Patriots finishes above .500 next year. These teams are all hitching their wagons to a couple of franchise saviors who won't make the impact they are looking for. Then things will start to get sour very fast.

Ummm....

Man... Everybody talking smack about the Jets need to realize something. They are actually making moves on improving the team, so is the Bills and so is Miami, Pats really haven't done anything, and their team is starting to look significantly worse at this point (at least on the defense side). I'm not taking anything away from the Pats just winning the super bowl, but that's the past at this point. It's still too early to hit the panic button, and I'm getting tired of hearing "In bill we trust". Let's just wait to see how all the teams in the AFC looks like before opening day and then we can talk about how the other teams in the AFC suck. Pats have a free scapegoat for a couple of years for winning the Super Bowl, I'm just hopping they won't use it until Brady retires.

Maybe Goodell should get off his ass now before they trade away every pick from this year's draft.

Not to worry, they won't trade their first and that's the only one that matters.

The Jet's on paper a greatly improved from last year. That being said it's still on paper. It will take some time to see how that translates to the field. They have definitely made some good moves in FA so far.

Man... Everybody talking smack about the Jets need to realize something. They are actually making moves on improving the team, so is the Bills and so is Miami, Pats really haven't done anything, and their team is starting to look significantly worse at this point (at least on the defense side). I'm not taking anything away from the Pats just winning the super bowl, but that's the past at this point. It's still too early to hit the panic button, and I'm getting tired of hearing "In bill we trust". Let's just wait to see how all the teams in the AFC looks like before opening day and then we can talk about how the other teams in the AFC suck. Pats have a free scapegoat for a couple of years for winning the Super Bowl, I'm just hopping they won't use it until Brady retires.

Teams that aren't good enough tend to have to make moves to get better. Teams that were already in contention have more leeway into how they approach their offseason. The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins have to make moves because if they don't they're just going to miss the playoffs again. The Patriots, even in their current state, are going to be a playoff team. Not a Super Bowl favorite, but they have a lot more buffer than their division rivals coming into this offseason.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has torn up the Patriots secondary in the past...
Fitz record v NE
17/25….178 1 TD/1 INT……….
20/28 247 2/2…………
18/37 252 0/3………..
20/34 199 0/0……….
29/46 307 2/4……..
22/39 350 4/4 ……..
27/40 337 2/1
total 153/249 1871 11/13
average 22/36 267 1.6/2
1-6 record
77.2 QB rating