PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's pump the breaks on the 'Brady MADE Welker what he is talk'

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatch62

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
A lot of people are taking some swings a WW by saying good riddance, he's replaceable and (my personal favorite) Brady made him what he is! Why does Brady get all the credit? How about WW is simply a really good freaking football player and he and Brady elevated EACH others' games?
Brady is a great QB, one of the best ever but if he can 'make' not so good players average and average plays like Welker All Pros then why didn't Brady 'make' ANYTHING out of Chad Jackson, Doug Gabriel, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price or Bethal Johnson to name a few? Also, for all the people who want to rip WW for the drop in the SB (believe me I was pissed too) let's remember that Brady was far from perfect that game too. Remember the safety to start the game everyone. Great players aren't great on every play.
Wes Welker was (and is) a great player pure and simple. He and Brady are one of the most prolific combos ever it. It sucks to see him go but let's wish him the best and simply say "Thanks for the memories Wes and good luck".

yeah, that's mostly just trolls and idiots, I think.

I remember when they were saying moss made welker.

I'll be rooting for 2 teams this year.

A lot of people are taking some swings a WW by saying good riddance, he's replaceable and (my personal favorite) Brady made him what he is! Why does Brady get all the credit? How about WW is simply a really good freaking football player and he and Brady elevated EACH others' games?

:agree:

Welker would be at least a good WR on any team with even barely-competent QBing (cough LOLphins cough), and Brady led the Pats to four AFCCGs without him. But the Brady-Welker mind meld made both players better.

A lot of people are taking some swings a WW by saying good riddance, he's replaceable and (my personal favorite) Brady made him what he is!

A lot?

I haven't read every post on here about this subject, but 95% of the ones I've read have been nothing like that.

Most everyone seems surprised, shocked, sad, or even angry

Equally sad is people acting like the offense is going to die without Welker aka insinuating that Brady can't survive without Welker i.e. Welker made Brady. Both sides are insane, but it sure is a whole lot closer to Brady making Welker than Brady needing Welker or Welker making Brady.

Equally sad is people acting like the offense is going to die without Welker aka insinuating that Brady can't survive without Welker i.e. Welker made Brady. Both sides are insane, but it sure is a whole lot closer to Brady making Welker than Brady needing Welker or Welker making Brady.

Agreed. The offense will definitely take a step back without Welker (well assuming the Pats don't do something else to significantly improve the receiving targets for Brady), but losing Welker doesn't stop Gronk from being a freak of nature with an incredible catch radius and near impossible to cover. Losing Welker, doesn't make Brady become Mark Sanchez in his decision making.

Even without Welker, Brady has some pretty good weapons especially if Woodhead returns. Brady's explosion in production had some to do with Welker, some to do with a further maturization of Brady, and some to do with a change of philosophy of philosophy on offense. The offense didn't explode because of the addition of Moss and Welker. They played a part in the explosion, but the offense survived the loss of Moss and there is a very good chance it will survive the loss of Welker.

Yes, Welker made Brady better. But I think Brady would still be close to what he was with another WR. Welker probably would be the close to the same guy if had another elite QB throwing to him and a damn good WR with an average to above average one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes