PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lionel Messi-Champs League

Ciara's Dad

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Anyone else watch the world's greatest player last night destroy the Arsenal in the Champions League quarter final?
A word of praise too for Barca's 'quarterback', Xavi Hernandez. I don't think he gave the ball away once.
Barca v Inter Milan in the semi will be interesting. Inter are a very good outfit, and won't make as many mistakes in defence as Arsenal.

It will be interesting tonight to see if a Rooney-less Manu can overcome their 2-1 defecit to Bayern. I think if Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery both play, then Bayern will score at some point.

You are what your record says you are.

-Bill Parcells

6-3 on aggregate seems about right. I'm an Arsenal fan, by the way. Outclassed but never shamed, and always competitive. Even if the ref last night was a joke.

Messi is the greatest player I have ever seen.

He's peaking very early. Interesting thing will be if he maintains or continues to improve as he still has another good ten years of football left in him hopefully.

Oustanding talent, makes Ronaldo look like an ale house player.

Manu 3-2 Bayern Munich (4-4 on aggregate. Bayern win on the away goals rule)
Bayern did very well to come back from 3 goals down and go through to the semi-final v Lyon. Great 'winner' from Arjen Robben.
A toss up between the two of them to see who is going to be beaten by Barca in the final. :D

I just saw the Messi footage of the four goals he got in that game.... and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW.

Real Madrid v Barcelona kicks off in about an hour.
Can't wait to see the Messi v Ronaldo match up.
I think Real could beat them tonight.

Take El Classico football match and the Masters golf, add booze to it, = A fantastic Saturday night of TV sport. :D

"Chuck Norris finally realized the one thing that can stop him... and that is Lionel Messi‎!"

Last edited:
Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona (Messi, Pedro)

As I thought, a Barca victory!!:)
Easy for Barca. Ronaldo an 'ale house player' compared to Lionel Messi.
Don't forget though, both goals and all other chances set up by the Barca 'quarterback' Xavi Hernandez. What a player.!!:D

Semi-Final 1st Leg
Inter Milan 3-1 Barcelona

A superb display by Inter gives them a great chance of going into the final.
Albeit the 3rd goal was offside.
I think they will need to score in the Nou Camp next week. Barca should score at least 2 goals.

Semi Final 2nd Leg
Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich

Bayern win 4-0 over the two legs and are now in the final.
Tomorrow nights game in Barcelona will provide their opponents.
Can the Catalans overcome a 2 goal defecit? Trailing 1-3 from the 1st leg against Inter Milan, they will have their work cut out for them.
I think, and hope, they can. :D
For them win the final for the 2nd time in a row, in the home of their greatest rivals, Real Madrid, would be a monumental achievement.

They're pulling out all the stops tommorow apparantly, grass will be extra short and as slick as the Nou Camp has ever been according to Pep. One things for sure, we're going to see a fired up Barca tommorow. Everything they've done has been effortless so far so I'm not sure if we should be prepared for some of the best football your likely to see wednesday night.

Barca can certainly achieve what they have to, should be a good game.

Last edited:
Aaagh!
Semi-Final, 2nd Leg,
Barcelona CF 1-0 Internazionale de Milan
Inter go through to the final 3-2. :(:(

Champions League Final:
Bayern Munich v Inter Milan

An Italian victory I think.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes