PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My early draft board

dliverey

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I set my early boards up slightly different by breaking down into positions. Once I have people into positions then I watch those players more intently before I put them into tiers. I try to only use players that I think would be solid fits for us. I left out positions that I do not think the Pats will use a draft pick on. I normally do not do this until after the combine, but all the draft talk has me pumped and I do not want to go brain dead by reading any more about deflated footballs. These are not in any particular order and they are folks I think have a strong fit. People will be added or dropped as the process continues. Once I have a solid feel of the better known players I look into lesser known folks.

Jack of all trade RB's-David Johnson, D. Cobb, Buck Allen, Langford, Coleman, Davis, Robinson, Ajayi, Gurley, Varga

COP/3rd down-Duke, Ameer, Artis-Payne, Murphy

WR- Strong, Agholor, Greene, Lockett, Crowder, McBride, Lipett, Mayle, Dorsett, Kenny Bell, Goodley, Lewis, Hall

TE-Williams, Heuerman, Walford, Boyle,Hamlett

OL(I just list them as OL until I get a better feel of where they will play in the NFL)-Collins, Havenstein, Tomlinson, Douglas, Mason, Erving, Garcia, Finney, Jackson, Marpet, Glowinski, Myers, Poutasi, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Cann,

DL-Davis, Phillips, OHHDiggy, Preston Smith, Goldman, Brown, Bennett, Xavier Williams,Terry Williams, Lott, Z. Smith, Mauldin, Dupree, Chikillo(sp), Riddick, Ringo, Hudson, Hardison

LB-Vigil, McKinney, Pullard, Dawson, Washington, Valles, Taiwan Jones, Spaight, Emanuel, ****son

DB-Rollins, Nelson, Shaw, Rowe, Swann, White, Claiborne, Riley, Amos, Drummond,

Last edited:
I feel like the pats may have to look at LB more than people are expecting, I want the pats to keep Mayo but even if they do I don't expect that they will be able to pay him and Hightower (who is a free agent after next season)

Absolutely love Mayo and truly hope and wish we make his contract work. Just not at the expense of Hightower and Collins whom both need extended the next few years. Personally, I think the Pats and Mayo will get something worked out, but I'm an optimist with stuff like this. :):):):):)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back