PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2013 Patriots Training Camp Thread

So now Amendola will replace the 2010 pass receiving production of Welker, Branch, Moss, Hernandez?

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

No that is entirely the point, since so few produce in the New England Patriots pass offense.

They changed things up to help the 2010 TEs get acclimated quicker, and something tells me that they have a plan for the WR turnover as well.

Of course it is speculation! That's the point!

But you didn't answer the question, do any of those figures sound unreasonable to you?
Very unreasonable considering Tom Brady did not even throw for 3900 yards during the 2010 NFL Season with Moss, Branch, Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Woodhead on the roster.

Just reposting the reasonable scenario where not one receiver cracks 1,000 yards, Gronk has a down year due to some absences and no rookie gets more than 350 yards

Gronk 800
Vereen 300
Ridley 100
Amendola 900
Dobson 350
Boyce 300
Edelman 300
Ballard 400
TE3 200
WR5 200
All other receivers 300

Again, ^that^ is a 4,100 yard season. Is it really that hard to imagine something like this unfolding? If not, what seems so outlandish?

They changed things up to help the 2010 TEs get acclimated quicker, and something tells me that they have a plan for the WR turnover as well.
What a bunch of bull. Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski are special talents. Too bad Hernandez threw his career away. If it was simply a scheme modification then Fells and Hoomanawanui would have surely eclipsed a combined 10 receptions between the aforementioned two last season.

Again, ^that^ is a 4,100 yard season. Is it really that hard to imagine something like this unfolding? If not, what seems so outlandish?
Very unreasonable considering Tom Brady did not even throw for 3900 yards during the 2010 NFL Season with Moss, Branch, Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Woodhead on the roster.

How many pass receptions and pass receiving yards did Taylor Price record during his rookie season?

:bricks:

You are manufacturing evidence, here Tipp. The two TEs were rookies, Moss was a shell of himself and Branch was a midseason acquisition. Wes was coming off knee surgery and no one even knew if he was going to be there for week 1. Woodhead was another midseason find that no one expected anything out of.

The funny this is, 2010 was remarkably similar to right now, which is why many folks were predicting NE to take a step back. You are actually proving my point. As long as Brady is around, they will cobble together a competent passing attack under virtually any circumstance.

How many pass receptions and pass receiving yards did Taylor Price record during his rookie season?

Alright. You win. They'll suck this year and if Brady even cracks 2,500 yards it'll be a ****ing miracle.

Happy now?

dobson will have 904 yards and 7 TDs

You are manufacturing evidence, here Tipp.
I'm not manufacturing any evidence whatsoever. Tom Brady threw for 3847 passing yards during the 2010 NFL Season.

2010 New England Patriots Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

The two TEs were rookies, Moss was a shell of himself and Branch was a midseason acquisition.
No, two exceptionally talented rookie tight ends. Deion Branch played 11 games with the New England Patriots during the 2010 NFL Season not just 8 games.

Wes was coming off knee surgery and no one even knew if he was going to be there for week 1.
A 2010 version of Wes Welker is still better than any rookie wide receiver performance by a New England Patriots wide receiver during the Bill Belichick era.

Woodhead was another midseason find that no one expected anything out of.
Funny, Danny Woodhead played 14 games with the New England Patriots during the 2010 NFL Season not just 8 games.

Alright. You win. They'll suck this year and if Brady even cracks 2,500 yards it'll be a ****ing miracle.

Happy now?
Answer the question:

:confused: :wha:

Really? A "midseason" argument? :bricks:

It's supposed to be overcast and raining tomorrow, though nothing too heavy, apparently. I'll obviously check in the morning, but having to drive over an hour can be a bit tedious to find if they're rained out.

Do the Patriots practice in light rain? Or are they usually inside in this weather? Every practice I've been to has be cloudless..

It's supposed to be overcast and raining tomorrow, though nothing too heavy, apparently. I'll obviously check in the morning, but having to drive over an hour can be a bit tedious to find if they're rained out.

Do the Patriots practice in light rain? Or are they usually inside in this weather? Every practice I've been to has be cloudless..

Interested to know about this too. Nadya, wife and I are staying at a hotel in mansfield. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. Otherwise, we'll just walk around patriots place. Have fun!

Interested to know about this too. Nadya, wife and I are staying at a hotel in mansfield. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. Otherwise, we'll just walk around patriots place. Have fun!

Too bad Nadya might be still too young to enjoy all the animal displays at the Bass Pro Shop. Whales, wolves, moose, and real fish in an aquarium.

Too bad Nadya might be still too young to enjoy all the animal displays at the Bass Pro Shop. Whales, wolves, moose, and real fish in an aquarium.

We envision that this could become a yearly affair. Mummy has a conference in Boston this time every year. :)

Rob Ninkovich is pretty good in coverage, and Adrian Wilson could help in that regards as well. Don't get me wrong, I think Jamie Collins does add coverage skills with his speed and experience at Safety but his PRIMARY REASON FOR DRAFT I'm sure was to rush the passer. Additionally, with more pressure to the opposing qb faster that can help out other guys like Don'ta Hightower and Jerod Mayo in coverage. Especially if the TE's and RB's don't have enough time to get open because their quarterback is laying flat on his back. Say what you may, but pass rush always, and I mean always benefits coverage on every great defense. It makes coverage that much more easier.

Personally, I think a guy like Collins is a perfect solution to QBs like Kaepernick and Wilson. I'd rather have Collins spying on them than Spikes.

Adrian Wilson fits that role, too, by the way. And this, I think is how defenses adapt to the new breed of rushing QBs.

We envision that this could become a yearly affair. Mummy has a conference in Boston this time every year. :)

Great family tradition.

Personally, I think a guy like Collins is a perfect solution to QBs like Kaepernick and Wilson. I'd rather have Collins spying on them than Spikes.

Adrian Wilson fits that role, too, by the way. And this, I think is how defenses adapt to the new breed of rushing QBs.

Long these lines, maybe BB has thinks of TT as a great scout QB
when preparing for QB's that have that dual threat ability.

Alfonzo Dennard not with the Patriots' 1 in the base D. Comes on in nickel, plays in the base with second team for 7-on-7s.​

I know it is way too early to read anything into this, but that would mean that Dowling is out with Talib on the outside as the starting corners, and Arrington is the backup/4th CB.

Last edited:
These tweets from Breer caught my eye...

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 5m
Tebow just a caught a ball from Mallett in a weird new drill I've never seen before. #AlertTheRubberneckers

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
Tebow's still catching passes ... Lining up with back and receivers in a (non-contact) tackling drill.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back