OT: Gold Medal Olympic Hockey Game

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
GO USA!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

go usa!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:
try_and_stop_us.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking forward to this since the first period of Friday's game. Hopefully they didn't get complacent in those last two periods after the curbstomping they administered to Finland. We need to be better than we were in the first match-up. I'm not banking on a stinker by Luongo, and Ryan Miller, godly as he is, can only save so many shots.

GO USA!

Really REALLY hope USA can pull this one off. Even though Miller did carry us in the first win I'm really tired of hearing people (CANADIANS) discredit the rest of the team... yes the talent isn't quite there but they've been great as a team.

AmericanFlag.gif

Let's go American puck! I want to see a stomping followed by the Americans walking out with a gold metal in Canada's own turf... in their own sport. :D

NHL Canada vs. NHL USA

I don't care much about this game.

NHL Canada vs. NHL USA

I don't care much about this game.

Would you rather have Russian Professionals Vs. American College kids? It doesn't make for much fun when your team gets smoked every year except for 1980.

Did not like how Team Canada carried play in the 1st period.

Last edited:
Well, this definitely isn't the first game. Canada, as expected, is pumped up on their home ice going for the gold. 10-8 shots on goal in favor of Canada. Hopefully Team USA can come out pumped up in the second period.

And, I must say, hockey is extremely boring, IMO. However, this is an event, and I shall continue to watch.

Watching it, but do not know most of the players.. still pretty good though.

I like the presentation, no commercials except between periods.

Good period aside from the killer turnover. Well if this holds up put it this way... us beating them even once is like them putting together a football team and beating a team of our best players.

canadianflag.jpg

Good game so far. I'm really impressed with this American team. They're certainly not out of it, and though they weren't expected to be here, they deserve to be here.

This game means a lot to both countries. For America, it's a chance to avenge the loss in 2002 when Canada beat America on home ice in Salt Lake City. It's also the 30 year anniversary of the Miracle on Ice.

For Canada, it's hockey...what more needs to be said? :p But we've also tied the Olympic record for most gold medals in a single winter Olympics. One more and the record is ours. Not that anyone really cares about that though. We'd trade all 13 golds for 1 hockey gold.

Really exciting first period. Could easily be 1-0 America. Hoping the rest of the game is just as exciting.

Last edited:
Liking the surge from USA right now. Can easily see how they hung six in the 1st last game. First USA men's game I've been able to catch. Miller has made a couple really good saves. Luongo looks off, waayyy too many rebounds. Fun game to watch so far.

This game is aired on mainstream UK Television in a way that big soccer games are, its quite good end to end stuff, im enjoying it =D

Liking the surge from USA right now. Can easily see how they hung six in the 1st last game. First USA men's game I've been able to catch. Miller has made a couple really good saves. Luongo looks off, waayyy too many rebounds. Fun game to watch so far.

Luongo ALWAYS gives up way too many rebounds, even when he's "on." It drives me nuts, I admit. And I really hate that he's playing. But Brodeur was awful early on, so we had no choice.

When Canada won gold in 2002, we needed our goalie to be outstanding. Now, we just need him to be good. Luongo isn't a great goalie, but he's consistently decent, and that should be good enough.

Yes, I'm trying to convince myself of this... :mad: Excuse me while I go grab another beer...

Goal USA!!!!! Overtime!!!!

Last edited:
holy smokes USA ties it up with 24 seconds left to force overtime.

Congratulations to the Canadians.

What a game! :)

Canada celebrates!!

3584205081_2ca89470d8_o.png

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill