PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton v. Tom for MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton has the accent. Makes him seem down to earth and nice. Someone told me he didn't like Brady cos he's doesn't look like a QB. Too handsome and elitist. Lol. Only in America.

peyton will win it....put $$ on it on my betting site..no way he doesn't. The media loves the guy

Reggie Wayne deserves a look as well,he is a big reason why the Colts have made a quick turnaround from bad to decent in 1 season.

34 years old and he is on his way to a 1,300+ yard season

that poll just shows manning will win it this year..race is over..manning for MVP it is

That map is pathetic.

Let Manning have it; I'd rather Brady get Super Bowl MVP.

that poll just shows manning will win it this year..race is over..manning for MVP it is

the poll just shows that the country is jealous of brady. if the pats beat the texans and 49ers, the MVP voters will have to vote for tom. don't think their favoritism will be able to pass if brady continues to play well.

Let Manning have it; I'd rather Brady get Super Bowl MVP.

i'd rather tom win BOTH if he plays well enough to be deserving.

Last edited:
I dont want TB to win it.I just dont want that added pressure on Brady.

If manning wins, it truly says that the AP voters think Brady is a system QB, as PM is on a new team, so the same can't be said. This concludes what people have been claiming for years.

Its garbage!

I dont know why people make a fuss about this award.When its all said and doned, nobody will say that Manning is a better QB then Brady.What matters is victories in the playoffs.

i hate to be that guy, but W/L record and H2H results are TEAM stats, not QB stats....total offensive production is a function of the entire offense, of which the QB is just a part

i always look at it holistically.......peyton is the more skilled QB......TB is the better football player

Brady is probably the GOAT already. He is the best decision maker in the history of the game. Tha says more skilled to me.

Unfortunately, this is nothing more than a popularity contest and the national bias against the Patriots will only work against Brady. If all things are relatively equal, I'm sure Manning will take it.

Having said that, much can change in the next five weeks. .If Brady continues to play at the pace he's been playing at for the past month or so and the Patriots win out, it'll be hard for Manning to keep pace.

At the end of the day, a Super Bowl MVP adds more to either player's legacy than the MVP award so that's really all that matters.

Go Patriots!!!

5 of Peyton's next 6 games (including the Wild Card or Divisional round playoff game) will be played in potentially poor weather. We'll see if his arm is fully back in those games. If he starts heaving wobblers 20 yards down the field because of wind or snow, this argument should die out quickly. Brady's been doing it in wind and snow his whole career...people (besides us) rarely consider that.

5 of Peyton's next 6 games (including the Wild Card or Divisional round playoff game) will be played in potentially poor weather. We'll see if his arm is fully back in those games. If he starts heaving wobblers 20 yards down the field because of wind or snow, this argument should die out quickly. Brady's been doing it in wind and snow his whole career...people (besides us) rarely consider that.

Sunny and 70 in Denver Sunday, then at Oakland Thursday looks like clear and 50 at game time. So at least two more games with weather as a non-factor.

4 of Peyton's last 5 games will be against the Buccs, Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns.

X-posting this concept from the other thread, but Brady is going to have to perform well in both the Niners and Texans games to steal it from Peyton.

Beating the Niners and putting up quality stats against that defense, even at home, will solidify it for Brady, regardless of what Peyton does.

Last edited:
It's a three horse race between Brady, Manning, and Rodgers. If Big Ben didn't miss games I think he'd be in the discussion too.

Right now

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers

The whole race can change with one bad game or one amazing game. It's too close to call right now so each of the five next games will matter. If Brady doesn't throw another interception it will belong to him most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes