PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please read this if you need Jesus

If loving the Lord is an addiction, Im an addicted, Jesus freak!!!!

Thank God!

What do you worship? Everybody worships something. If its not the Lord, its money, your job, your social standing, your relationships, YOURSELF.

Im very grateful to be a full fledged Jesus junkie!!!

3 to be 4 said:
If loving the Lord is an addiction, Im an addicted, Jesus freak!!!!

Thank God!

What do you worship? Everybody worships something. If its not the Lord, its money, your job, your social standing, your relationships, YOURSELF.

Im very grateful to be a full fledged Jesus junkie!!!

Loving the Lord is cool and fine, but I'm not talking about that. I'm addressing what appears to be your compulsive need to take up space with religionist bloviating on this messageboard, where no one is interested in reading it but yourself. Care to answer my question about any past struggles with substance abuse?

Tunescribe said:
Loving the Lord is cool and fine, but I'm not talking about that. I'm addressing what appears to be your compulsive need to take up space with religionist bloviating on this messageboard, where no one is interested in reading it but yourself. Care to answer my question about any past struggles with substance abuse?

ok, im not a substance abuse addict. How about you?

as far as a compulsive need to take up space.....its funny how nobody says the samr thing when people post the same Bush is #$%&& or Clinton is a ^&*$# or Brady is great or we should etc etc etc. those things are all repeated over and over and over and over and all to sway opinion, btw.

but if its about God suddenly its a big problem, or as you put it, an "addiction"

My priorities are just in line with Gods commandments. And thats just here. I have a very full and plentiful life, which i enjoy knowing that I have an eternity to spend with the Lord. Its very freeing.

As far as nobody being interested......there isnt a music video ive posted, and everybody knows by now what my subject matter is, that hasnt been viewed. And if 1 person views and enjoys it then that makes my month.

And for weeks, without others replying ( so i know its not people looking to see a verbal fight or anything) hundred of people have clicked on to the Please Read this if....and the Old Testament reasons threads.........

others here have tried to bury that under a "marketing" reason why that doesnt matter. But numbers are numbers.

1 person was enough for me. 2,000 on one and nearly 1,000 on another kind of tells me there is interest in viewing something that actually talks about Jesus in a positive light.

If it bothers you, dont click on and read and get yourself bothered.

its just a website, just a chat. why did you click on it knowing that it would bother you so?

I dont particularly like every thread i see. I dont have to label somebody something because i dont agree.

I hope I answered the question. I actually left out the most important reason. I, as a believer, am supposed to go out in the world and communicate to the world the Gospel. This is the new communication. Just as TV was in 1948. Im just thinking outside the box, so to speak.

coming from New England, i remembered the lack of outlets there were for people there to express their love for ************. You can express your love for politics ( Dems), sports, music, but not ************.

Just thought id bust through that. Its been a blast!

3 to be 4 said:
ok, im not a substance abuse addict. How about you?

as far as a compulsive need to take up space.....its funny how nobody says the samr thing when people post the same Bush is #$%&& or Clinton is a ^&*$# or Brady is great or we should etc etc etc. those things are all repeated over and over and over and over and all to sway opinion, btw.

but if its about God suddenly its a big problem, or as you put it, an "addiction"

My priorities are just in line with Gods commandments. And thats just here. I have a very full and plentiful life, which i enjoy knowing that I have an eternity to spend with the Lord. Its very freeing.

As far as nobody being interested......there isnt a music video ive posted, and everybody knows by now what my subject matter is, that hasnt been viewed. And if 1 person views and enjoys it then that makes my month.

And for weeks, without others replying ( so i know its not people looking to see a verbal fight or anything) hundred of people have clicked on to the Please Read this if....and the Old Testament reasons threads.........

others here have tried to bury that under a "marketing" reason why that doesnt matter. But numbers are numbers.

1 person was enough for me. 2,000 on one and nearly 1,000 on another kind of tells me there is interest in viewing something that actually talks about Jesus in a positive light.

If it bothers you, dont click on and read and get yourself bothered.

its just a website, just a chat. why did you click on it knowing that it would bother you so?

I dont particularly like every thread i see. I dont have to label somebody something because i dont agree.

I hope I answered the question. I actually left out the most important reason. I, as a believer, am supposed to go out in the world and communicate to the world the Gospel. This is the new communication. Just as TV was in 1948. Im just thinking outside the box, so to speak.

coming from New England, i remembered the lack of outlets there were for people there to express their love for ************. You can express your love for politics ( Dems), sports, music, but not ************.

Just thought id bust through that. Its been a blast!

I have a very strong belief in God myself, but don't feel a compulsion, as you apparently do, to push it upon others. That you feel directed via religion to persistently "witness/recruit" without regard to the wishes of fellow board members is a chauvenistic conceit and imposition that really has no place here. What you're doing has little if anything to do with divine spirit and everything to do with addictive processes driven by religious dogma.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
I have a very strong belief in God myself, but don't feel a compulsion, as you apparently do, to push it upon others. That you feel directed via religion to persistently "witness/recruit" without regard to the wishes of fellow board members is a chauvenistic conceit and imposition that really has no place here. What you're doing has little if anything to do with divine spirit and everything to do with addictive processes driven by religious dogma.

How is it possible to "push it upon others"? By making you click on the thread?

the Divine Spirit tells us to do exactly what Im doing, spreading the good news of ************. Doing it on a chat room may not be what has been done in the past, but we didnt have the technology.

If you choose to believe as you do, that is fine with me. Nobody is forcing you to read anything. There are many board memebers who dont like what others posters have to say either, it doesnt make those posters "addicts".

Take responsibility for the things you choose to read. If nobody had ever responded to any of my clearly marked threads (Please read this if you need Jesus, Old Testament reasons for Jews to believe in Jesus etc etc) or clicked on to them to read them, that would have had more influence on any decision i might have made to stop or continue. Much more than the 10 or 12 posters who objected to the glorification of ************ on a message board.

God is so much more important than the things we worry about in our daily battles. Our lives are gone in a blink of an eye. Nothing could be more important than a persons relationship to God. Everything we have will be gone someday. Job. Gone. Money Gone. The people we are closest to. Gone. Our bodies. Gone. There is one that will still be with us when its all over. That one is the Lord.

Nobody is pushing anything on anyone. All you had to do was to not click on. But im glad you did.

Peace be with you.

I have to reluctantly agree with 3tob on one subject; people do -- eventually -- keep replying to his thread. This is like giving a thousand monkeys typewriters and an infinite food supply; since the thread is ubiquitous by dint of auto-bumping, eventually it is predictable that someone will reply.

Those who have replied, either in the midst of an auto-reply masturbatory frenzy, or in the course of debate, seem to come in two distinct varieties: those who were already believers, and those who very much dislike 3toB's hijacking of the general forum for his own advertising purposes. The repeated auto-replies that serve to make the general forum into his personal free ad space is definitely a unique feature. Not that I haven't "auto-bumped" my own thread a time or two... but IIRC, there were 3 or 4 such consecutive auto-bumps to this one. You can see how if everybody behaved in this way, the board would be paralyzed.

I notice also that faced with a direct contradiction within the Gospels, 3toB prefers to answer the tactical question (which in itself is good tactics.)

A final word in support of 3toB's argument, that people are disgusted by (in 3toB's world, "interested in") his salesmanship: A while back I posted a thread linking to Jews for Judaism, a group I had just discovered via a charitable giving umbrella group. I signed myself up for 10 bucks per paycheck into their coffers. It's not that I agree with everything they say, but through this board, I've come to realize that our country is shot through with this sort of balderdash, and it's best to teach the young and the ignorant, lest they fall for a bundle of self-contradictory "proof texts" and the like. Jews for Judaism seems more aware of the need to get info out there than other groups. I do attribute that move to the disgust I feel at 3toB's more obnoxious provocations.

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
I have to reluctantly agree with 3tob on one subject; people do -- eventually -- keep replying to his thread. This is like giving a thousand monkeys typewriters and an infinite food supply; since the thread is ubiquitous by dint of auto-bumping, eventually it is predictable that someone will reply.

Those who have replied, either in the midst of an auto-reply masturbatory frenzy, or in the course of debate, seem to come in two distinct varieties: those who were already believers, and those who very much dislike 3toB's hijacking of the general forum for his own advertising purposes. The repeated auto-replies that serve to make the general forum into his personal free ad space is definitely a unique feature. Not that I haven't "auto-bumped" my own thread a time or two... but IIRC, there were 3 or 4 such consecutive auto-bumps to this one. You can see how if everybody behaved in this way, the board would be paralyzed.

I notice also that faced with a direct contradiction within the Gospels, 3toB prefers to answer the tactical question (which in itself is good tactics.)

A final word in support of 3toB's argument, that people are disgusted by (in 3toB's world, "interested in") his salesmanship: A while back I posted a thread linking to Jews for Judaism, a group I had just discovered via a charitable giving umbrella group. I signed myself up for 10 bucks per paycheck into their coffers. It's not that I agree with everything they say, but through this board, I've come to realize that our country is shot through with this sort of balderdash, and it's best to teach the young and the ignorant, lest they fall for a bundle of self-contradictory "proof texts" and the like. Jews for Judaism seems more aware of the need to get info out there than other groups. I do attribute that move to the disgust I feel at 3toB's more obnoxious provocations.

PFnV

the simple reason i didnt repond to that question about the supposed contradiction is that you and I have shown an inability to have fruitful debate. Whatever I answer, you will distort, or you will eventually feel that I have distorted something that you said. I do not wish to debate you anymore and I wont.

How do you hijack something that everybody has free access to? Once again, if not interested, dont click on and/or reply.

I wish you peace.

3 to be 4 said:
the simple reason i didnt repond to that question about the supposed contradiction is that you and I have shown an inability to have fruitful debate. Whatever I answer, you will distort, or you will eventually feel that I have distorted something that you said. I do not wish to debate you anymore and I wont.

How do you hijack something that everybody has free access to? Once again, if not interested, dont click on and/or reply.

I wish you peace.

You're like speed bumps at a strip mall. Sure, people can choose to ignore your threads, but they still must pass over them to get to things they really want to read. I originally opened this thread out of curiosity over the anticipated debates within, not because I "need Jesus." You don't seem to be a very reasonable guy at all from what I've read here. And I still maintain that you are driven by a compulsive addiction to religion; genuinely spiritual folks don't behave in your manner.

Last edited:
3, You may keep your sidearm.

Tune, we have a saying in Washington: those who know don't talk, and those who talk don't know.

Mystics of many religions have come to precisely that conclusion regarding spirituality -- and lots of laypeople are able to coexist in a multitude of private convictions, by acting on them, rather than preaching them to others... it strikes me as an eminently reasonable way of going about the business of being human and living one's spirituality.

Just my 2 cents,

PFnV

my, if you guys are so at peace, i still dont understand the hostility. As far as the "speedbump" analogy...is it REALLY that difficult to "pass over" them. Are they like a huge mountain to navigate your way over? Im sorry if I have made it SO difficult for anybody to find the thread they were looking for.

You 2 may not have clicked on because of a need for Jesus, thats fine for you. Again, i never FORCED you to do or to read anything. Take responsibility. Its not liked I walked up to you in mall and started jabbering at you. You can get away from anything I have to say very simply, by not opening it up.

Have a blessed day.

3 to be 4 said:

So he who gets the most eyeballs on it wins? Is that your religious philosophy? Pretty shallow.

By the way, d'ya know what THE most viewed content is on the internet? Do the viewership numbers make THAT right?

hello, Mr Distortion, its been awhile. Bait away. Im not playing anymore.

Peace be with you

3 to be 4 said:
hello, Mr Distortion, its been awhile. Bait away. Im not playing anymore.

Peace be with you

Aw c'mon out and play! You're fun and your threads get lost of eyeballs on them. It's all about the numbers, isn't it? You're an ACE marketer, dude!

shmessy said:
Aw c'mon out and play! You're fun and your threads get lost of eyeballs on them. It's all about the numbers, isn't it? You're an ACE marketer, dude!

i know i'll regret this but........

I NEVER said it was about getting the most hits on any thread on Patsfan.com, or about "getting the most eyeballs on them".
I SAID that if one person viewed it and enjoyed that would make me very happy.
And the fact that 2 very clearly marked threads (so people know exactly what they are getting) have gotten 2,000 and 1,000 views tells me that at the very least my goal has been met.

The same with the videos, obviously, somebody out there is enjoying them because people by now know what im posting, and theres no debate to chuckle at.

that is very different than the distorted interpretation of my words that you have posted.

my goal isnt to compete with any other posts, its to offer an alternative for that one person.

one other thought about this idea of "addiction" because i post a lot or try to influence others. Are the Democrats who post here any different? or the Republicans? funny, you are only an "addict" or "pushing your views on others" if its about ************. I still think its kind of funny to hear this desciption of anyone having my views "forced on them". By "forcing" them to read my posts? Grow up, people.

Peace to you.

3 to be 4 said:
one other thought about this idea of "addiction" because i post a lot or try to influence others. Are the Democrats who post here any different? or the Republicans? funny, you are only an "addict" or "pushing your views on others" if its about ************. I still think its kind of funny to hear this desciption of anyone having my views "forced on them". By "forcing" them to read my posts? Grow up, people.

Peace to you.

Dude, you ARE a religion ADDICT! "Here's the good news, everyone! Try my religion! Subscribe to my dogma! It'll make you feel goooooooood!" How many hours a day do you spend obsessing like this?

Go in peace.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Dude, you ARE a religion ADDICT! "Here's the good news, everyone! Try my religion! Subscribe to my dogma! It'll make you feel goooooooood!" How many hours a day do you spend obsessing like this?

Go in peace.

why are you concerned?

I already told you. If you mean by addicted that ************ is the center of my life and I have a need for him everyday, then by all means, Im hooked, im a Jesus Junkie, Im a Jesus freak. Praise the Lord!!

but i never made the quotes that you refer to above. If you want to feel gooooood, as you say, then stick with what the world has to offer, the things most people worship, Alcohol, Drugs, Money,Relationships, Sex, yourself,

I dont offer "Religion". I dont offer "feel goooooooooood"

Its about a relationship with ************. Im glad you keep asking questions.

Be well my friend.

Colossians 3
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Tunescribe said:

Go in peace.

Actually, Tunie, that describes a Religion "Dealer" or "Pimp". He's trying to CREATE "Addicts" - - people to have a dependency, to submit themselves to something.

shmessy said:
Actually, Tunie, that describes a Religion "Dealer" or "Pimp". He's trying to CREATE "Addicts" - - people to have a dependency, to submit themselves to something.

The thought crossed my mind to call him a "pusher," but I wanted to keep things relatively civil. The thing is, he feeds upon our challenging him as a way to reinforce his own addictive process and the religionists' view that the unwashed masses ("sinners") will resist relinquishing their worldly ways by ridiculing him until they finally are brought to "see the light." By becoming a religionist, he has chosen to adopt a belief system rooted in abdication of personal responsibility for one's thoughts and actions (re., "giving one's self to Jesus/God") as defined by his sect's narrow interpretation of the Christian bible. This extends to an ongoing campaign of attempting to control others by luring them into the sect with the promise of eternal life so they can feel "free" and "righteous," and needn't stress any longer over wordly travails. We've often seen 3 to be 4 state that Jesus has set him "free" and that "I need Jesus every day." I've heard heroin addicts say similar things; the addictive mindset is very similar, just a different drug or panacea. Religionists believe that in the context of eternal life, none of our personal worldly concerns matter anyway (as long as one is "saved"). Nothing could be more wrong, as our very purpose in life is to evolve as loving, spiritual beings through the myriad challenges and hardships we were brought into this incarnation to experience. What 3 to be 4 professes has little to do with the true spiritual principles of Christianity, or with one developing a personal relationship with God through the example of Christ's divine life. The genuine Christian relies upon spiritual guidance for (1). learning how to assume personal responsibility for one's thoughts, actions, happiness and well-being, (2). learning how to honor and love one's self, and (3). extending that love to others. You can't get to #3 without first dedicating yourself to #1 and #2 and working damn hard at it. 3 to be 4 suggests sidestepping all that by buying into a ready-made religionist belief system. Without doing the work necessary to evolve personally and spiritually, he and others of his ilk are little more than dogma-spewing, scripture-quoting religion addicts. A person who becomes self-realized through spiritual guidance feels no need to "spread the word" or cajole others into adopting religionism as a way of life. They effortlessly attract others to them by living a life of grace, as God and Christ (as well as Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, et al.) intended. If 3 to be 4 had a discerning mind and knew his Christian history, he'd understand the historical basis of evangelism as an old-world mode of fear-based population control by feudal tyrants. Again, it's got nothing to do with spirituality.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
The thought crossed my mind to call him a "pusher," but I wanted to keep things relatively civil. The thing is, he feeds upon our challenging him as a way to reinforce his own addictive process and the religionists' view that the unwashed masses ("sinners") will resist relinquishing their worldly ways by ridiculing him until they finally are brought to "see the light." By becoming a religionist, he has chosen to adopt a belief system rooted in abdication of personal responsibility for one's thoughts and actions (re., "giving one's self to Jesus/God") as defined by his sect's narrow interpretation of the Christian bible. This extends to an ongoing campaign of attempting to control others by luring them into the sect with the promise of eternal life so they can feel "free" and "righteous," and needn't stress any longer over wordly travails. Religionists believe that in the context of eternal life, none of it really matters anyway (as long as one is "saved"). Nothing could be more wrong, as our very purpose in life is to evolve as loving, spiritual beings through the myriad challenges and hardships we were brought into this incarnation to experience. What 3 to be 4 professes has little to do with the true spiritual principles of Christianity, or with one developing a personal relationship with God through the example of Christ's divine life. The genuine Christian relies upon spiritual guidance for (1). learning how to assume personal responsibility for one's thoughts, actions, happiness and well-being, (2). learning how to honor and love one's self, and (3). extending that love to others. You can't get to #3 without first dedicating yourself to #1 and #2 and working damn hard at it. 3 to be 4 suggests sidestepping all that by buying into a ready-made religionist belief system. Without doing the work necessary to evolve personally and spiritually, he and others of his ilk are little more than dogma-spewing, scripture-quoting religion addicts. A person who becomes self-realized through spiritual guidance feels no need to "spread the word" or cajole others into adopting religionism as a way of life. They effortlessly attract others to them by living a life of grace, as God and Christ (as well as Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, et al.) intended. If 3 to be 4 had a discerning mind and knew his Christian history, he'd understand the historical basis of evangelism as an old-world mode of fear-based population control by feudal tyrants. Again, it's got nothing to do with spirituality.

To me, that is the best post of this thread. Thank you, Tunescribe.

Adding to the above: 3 to be 4's over-emphasis on a personal relationship with ************ further indicates where he is stuck in the dogmatic obsessive/addictive religionist process. Christ was a divine messenger who sacrificed much to "point the way" toward God realization. Yet, people like 3 to be 4 are too mesmerized by the "finger" (Christ) to fully comprehend and appreciate where that finger is pointing. That is, toward opening one's self to a personal relationship with spiritual guidance free of religious precepts. It's all about the message, not the messenger or the limiting/controlling/judgmental falsehoods we've constructed around him the last 2,000 years. It's not about a relationship with ************, or Buddha, or Mohammed, or whatever source one identifies with as the pathway to spirit. It's about a direct relationship with God. To argue otherwise on behalf of whatever doctrine or messenger you've latched onto misses the point entirely, and leaves one prey to the manmade deceit plaguing most of the world's religions as they are institutionally applied.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back