PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre final Cuts Trade

roguepatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There has to be a trade coming this weekend. Knowing Chia, it will be a minimal Bart/McQuad type. Personally am looking for a blockbuster type with an Alberta/California team. Think this team needs a shake up/injection of the kind of youth Stone cold Clode is willing to play with. No doubt they will be successful in terms of making the playoffs without this kind of trade and it goes against Chia`s cautious nature; just believe it`s what the team needs to set it up for the next few years.

I would right now accept a box of one dozen Tim Horton's doughnuts for Bartkowski & Chris Kelly.
The Chiapet needs to somehow attain some financial flexibility.
I would also try to dupe some GM into thinking that Spooner & Koko are actual NHL players; maybe
the 4 of them combined could bring us that desperately-needed RW.

Boychuk just traded for picks...now we have cap space

Last edited:
Yet the stench of Fartkowski & Chris Kelly remain. I feel sorry for Boychuk.

this really suks. sick to my stomach. why not trade kelly and bartkowski? or just let smith and krug walk? krug is useless in the defensive zone. there cup chances just took a big hit.

Last edited:
Guess not many people happy with trade. Assume Kelly/Bart and co. have minimal value. This definitely gives cap space for future moves In the meantime, we are going to find if the kids on D have developed at all. «not what I was looking for; but am less unhappy about than many others it seems.

I'm not totally crushed by the trade. The Bs have enough RH Dmen to make the loss of Boychuk
somewhat less devastating, and at least this time the Chiapet actually received some value in return
(2 2nds & a conditional 3rd). There's still the Kelly & Fartkowski deadwood to be cleared, however.

draft picks dont help win a cup this year. and trading boychuk doesnt either. they picked the wrong guy to trade. hate this trade with a passion

Last edited:
Unfortunately, any of the other Dmen I would have rather seen traded do not provide the cap relief
for which the Chiapet was looking. The worst part about the trade is that instead of opening the door
for Morrow or Cross, it opens the door for Fartkowski & Miller to receive even more undeserved ice time.

all they had to do was dump salary. it didn't have to be a dmen. they have lost three important pieces . thorton boychuk and iginla. they had to let thorton walk and I understand iginla not coming back but boychuk getting traded was just stupid. they could have found a way to hang on to him for one more year.

I agree that the first guy I would've cut was Kelly. He makes > $3M but his value is much closer to
the vet minimum. The next guy would've been Fartkowski. He doesn't even deserve the vet minimum.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back