PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro-Bowl in Brazil

Ship players (who'd rather not go) to a foreign country to play a weak, watered-down version of the game for people who don't understand it. Another incredibly stupid idea -- aside from continuing the Pro B0wl. Smells like another R. Stokoe Goodell initiative.

Our stadium has a capacity close to 80,000 people.I guarantee you that 80 000 people would be interested in going to the game. I do not know if you have some knowledge of the subject, but 6 games are broadcasted weekly during the regular season and we can watch all playoff games.

We have over 20 games of bowls in December. Yes. We have Espn, Fox. In fact 3 Espn channels.We have television programs dedicated to other sports.. The SB exceeded 500,000 televisions connected to the game. It seems unimpressive but if each TV two people are watching 1 million people interested in the sport.

In Brasil, you have to pay to watch the game. You have to pay a better subscription channel, so if the games were broadcast on open tv to the public the numbers would be even better.

So obviously we do not have the absolute numbers as you guys do, but I assure you that the stadium would be packed yes. Your opinion is based on total lack of information. We have 2 ' 'professional ' ' football leagues. One of the teams I cheer even called Vasco da Gama Patriotas (mean Patriots in Portuguese). I believe that the goal of the league is growing and nothing better than growing up in a country that has more than 200 million people and love sports.

Last edited:
Oh ya...Brazil is a very safe country

You said that based on your own information, or based on what you read of sensational newspaper stories ?

My father is English, I 've lived in TX and PA . And in both cities that i lived there were more dangerous places than other areas.There were places that were not advisable to go at night. And so it is here in Brazil.
We have our problems but repeat a bunch of ******** without information does not make them true .

OT: Johnny Mitchell works for Espn Brasil, surprisingly he is the only guy who likes the Patriots.

Our stadium has a capacity close to 80,000 people.I guarantee you that 80 000 people would be interested in going to the game. I do not know if you have some knowledge of the subject, but 6 games are broadcasted weekly during the regular season and we can watch all playoff games.

We have over 20 games of bowls in December. Yes. We have Espn, Fox. In fact 3 Espn channels.We have television programs dedicated to other sports.. The SB exceeded 500,000 televisions connected to the game. It seems unimpressive but if each TV two people are watching 1 million people interested in the sport.

In Brasil, you have to pay to watch the game. You have to pay a better subscription channel, so if the games were broadcast on open tv to the public the numbers would be even better.

So obviously we do not have the absolute numbers as you guys do, but I assure you that the stadium would be packed yes. Your opinion is based on total lack of information. We have 2 ' 'professional ' ' football leagues. One of the teams I cheer even called Vasco da Gama Patriotas (mean Patriots in Portuguese). I believe that the goal of the league is growing and nothing better than growing up in a country that has more than 200 million people and love sports.
If you want the Pro Bowl that badly, I hope you get it. And you're more than welcome to keep it. Forever.

The NFL could try doing that in the future where they use the pro bowl as an exhibition to promote the game abroad, however I don't think that's going to help get players to attend the game

The NFL could try doing that in the future where they use the pro bowl as an exhibition to promote the game abroad, however I don't think that's going to help get players to attend the game

I agree 100% with you.
10 hour flight...
´´Not a safe country``

But, If Brady and Cairo came many people already be interested . The other athletes , even though young , has a lot of talent and I'm sure would present a good game to watch.

I would go to the game for sure just to see Brady play again. And as the crowd of NE Patriots fans in Brazil is the largest of all ( about 18 % ) I think a lot of people think like me. Have to see the prices I do not know how expensive it would be.

The NBA charged absurd prices , and the gym was packed to see Cleveland without Lebron and the Bulls without DRose

brazil patriots1.jpg brazil patriots.jpg
brazil patriots 2.jpg brazil patriots 3.jpg

Cool uniforms. I like it. Had no idea. Thanks for the education!:)

I'll say this much: I have never been to Brazil, but I've spent some time in Oporto, Portugal, and many months in the Azores. The people and the food are both wonderful. Beautiful women and amazing dishes and pastries. If Brazil is anything like those two places, then I'm all for visiting if the pro-bowl is held there.

My only problem is trying to wrap my head around Portugese. I can get by in both Castillan Spanish and Mexican Spanish, as well as German and a little French. Portugese left me baffled, but I found that there were plenty of English speakers to be found, so there's that.

As to the Pro-Bowl, here's my suggestion: The league has 32 teams. You eliminate all players from the 2 superbowl teams, and all players from the bottom 5 teams in each conference. That leaves you with 20 remaining teams. Each team selects 7 players to represent them in the pro bowl. 3 each from the offense and defense, and 1 from special teams. Thus, you get 70 players on each side who can rotate in and out.

The league will pick up travel and hotel expenses, and meals in the hotel dining room. Any liquor and meals, expenses, etc, are out of the player's pocket. In addition, the league will donate $25K to the player's charity of choice.

I would think that these changes would be beneficial for all concerned, and provide a better product IF the league is still determined to hold a pro bowl.

Personally, I think a better option is to dispense with the game altogether, and simply do as is currently done in selecting pro bowl players, but have them as the AFC/NFC all-star teams. then, in lieu of a check, the league can give each player a nice plaque, and donate what would have been their game check to the charity of the player's choice.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back