PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Eddie Goldman, DT

I have him as a late second rounder because there are times he wins extremely well. But like you I see inconsistency and whilst I'm an optimist generally when it comes to draft stock I just don't see him winning often enough to warrant a first round pick. In my Big Board, I had Carl Davis about a round higher. He too is inconsistent but with him I see NFL-ability much more than I do Goldman. I had a second round grade on Easley too, a grade I'm still comfortable with, but I was fine with the pick itself because I could see what he might become. That's how I feel about Goldman - it's there, I hope, if we draft him, it comes out but I'm not completely confident it will.

I don't think I would take him in the first. It seems like he has the physical ability to make an impact, but he just doesn't. He reminds of Rashede hageman from last year when watching him. But that's just me.

I don't think I would take him in the first. It seems like he has the physical ability to make an impact, but he just doesn't. He reminds of Rashede hageman from last year when watching him. But that's just me.

That is exactly who I was thinking of when watching Goldman.

I really can not see bb being excited about Goldman.

Hageman came to mind for me as well. Physically gifted guy who just does not make an impact.

Are you going to take a look at any linebackers or any lesser known qbs that you like?

Absolutely Meatface,
I am going to go through as many of these guys as I can.
There isn't a whole lot to like about this QB class, but one guy I actually like for a later round guy is Hutson Mason. Throws a nice deep ball and is accurate. Didn't really get to throw a ton in Georgia's offense.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back