PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers sign former Patriots CB Fernando Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Parker expected to return; Steelers sign CB Bryant - Football - Belleville News Democrat

Usually the Steelers are a very smart team in terms of getting players who they think will be a positive signing and with the signing of Bryant makes you wonder if maybe NE should have contacted him before signing Webster?

Unless the Steelers are simply desperate,but Bryant looked decent in the little we saw of him this summer - We shall see what he can do and what we may have lost if anything at all when Pitt plays SD this sunday evening when I think Bryant gets some action.

He didn't forget to turn in a laptop when he left, did he?

Parker expected to return; Steelers sign CB Bryant - Football - Belleville News Democrat

Usually the Steelers are a very smart team in terms of getting players who they think will be a positive signing and with the signing of Bryant makes you wonder if maybe NE should have contacted him before signing Webster?

Unless the Steelers are simply desperate,but Bryant looked decent in the little we saw of him this summer - We shall see what he can do and what we may have lost if anything at all when Pitt plays SD this sunday evening when I think Bryant gets some action.
ya who ever tomlin signs we should to, brilliant

Wasn't Bryant the one who proved in the last preseason game he's afraid to tackle? I seem to recall him playing pattycake with a tight end from about the 12 yard line all the way to the end zone, which is why BB cut him. In that case I say throw to Watson when the Squealers come to town.

Wasn't Bryant the one who proved in the last preseason game he's afraid to tackle? I seem to recall him playing pattycake with a tight end from about the 12 yard line all the way to the end zone, which is why BB cut him. In that case I say throw to Watson when the Squealers come to town.

That's what I thought as well, just remember BB's quote....something to the extent of "what am I going to do with a guy who can't tackle?" BB has always seemed to prefer taking someone who's not afraid to stick their head in there as opposed to someone who has talent but timid.

Pittsburgh really is overrated, the Patriots D held the Colts to 18 AT Indy and the Steelers D held the Colts to 24(should of been more, lot of colt dropped passes) AT Pitt. I really think the Patriots have a good chance at that 2nd playoff bye.

Pittsburgh really is overrated, the Patriots D held the Colts to 18 AT Indy and the Steelers D held the Colts to 24(should of been more, lot of colt dropped passes) AT Pitt. I really think the Patriots have a good chance at that 2nd playoff bye.

I would be happy just for a division title and the 4th seed - Lets not get too spoiled at this point

Speaking of the Steelers, looks like their fans are not too convinced of Pittsburgh's chances right now. Here's some of the threads on their fan forums with the most views and comments.
Big Ben threw the game
119 drop backs? - about the ratio of hits/drop backs & pocket presence
Gutless Mike Tomlin
Starting to worry about Big Ben's slump
Big Ben's numbers taking a hit
Ben is an embarrasment to the Steelers; you have to blame Ben
Mark Madden is right (blame the defense)

This is about as negative as I can recall Steeler fans being about their team, and it's now more than three full days after their loss and still going strong. Maybe they're seeing more than we do about some holes in their team (and offensive line)?

Speaking of the Steelers, looks like their fans are not too convinced of Pittsburgh's chances right now. Here's some of the threads on their fan forums with the most views and comments.
Big Ben threw the game
Gutless Mike Tomlin

This is about as negative as I can recall Steeler fans being about their team, and it's now more than three full days after their loss and still going strong. Maybe they're seeing more than we do about some holes in their team (and offensive line)?

Well to be honest Big Ben is very overrated. ESPN several years back did a synopsis of starting QB's decision making in clutch situations. Not surprisingly Brady was tops or close to tops on the list and QB's like Bledsoe were on the bottom but the big surprise was that Big Ben was bottom ten in making horrid mistakes in clutch situations. He has just always had a stellar D and running game to bail him out.....well since that run game isn't so stellar now guess his flaws are showing more and more.

Big Ben threw the game
Gutless Mike Tomlin

Woohoo...fun times...read my posts on that forum for a chuckle.

Steelers signed this old man because their secondary is a mess with injuries right now. McFadden who was finally coming into his own as a starter and took Townsend's job broke his arm, then Townsend went to #1 and Gay (from louisville 2nd year kid) went to #2. Then Townsend went down. Shouldn't be for too long. This could be a 2 weeks in and your gone kind of signing because McFadden was supposed to only be a 6 week injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots