PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl XLVII Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, the juice monkey murderer, horseface (aka Suggs) and the dirtiest player in the league (Pollard) get their rings.

Where were you today, football gods?? Where were you??:bricks::bricks:

The football gods favor the tougher, more aggressive team. That has been Baltimore throughout these playoffs.

5 four seed or worse underdogs have won the last five Super Bowls...the franchises at the top of the seeding are the best teams record wise in the league year after year for almost a decade now....THAT Is not parity...so...how in the world do you sell the illusion there IS parity? FIVE UNDERDOG WINNERS IN FIVE YEARS...now who wants their split of the ad and ancillary revenue fellas...and make sure there's enough for all 32 members to gorge themselves until they puke...there's plenty more where THAT came from...

Except, of course, for catching the potential game-winning TD in SB42. . . .

Only one in last 8 playoff games. 3 in last 10. After tonight he is 54/976/10 in 15 career playoff games.

Flacco engineered SIX points in the 2nd half of this game...MVP?????

and yes, he is now a certified Eli replica authentic "TOP THREE!!!" QB and will be pimped unabashedly all off season leading into next season...I can see it now "The New Breed!!!!" ...led by MVPcco..surrounded by Kaepernik, Wlison,Matty Ice and RGB..on the cover of S.I....such is life...and such is the ongoing BUSINESS of NFL football, where the price of "entertainment" has never been higher or more profitable.

Jacoby Jones, on plays alone, is the MVP of this game

SF passed on 7 of 11 plays inside 10, incl 2-pt conv. Kaepernick 0-for-5, 2 sax, per @ESPNStatsInfo. Before Sun, SF ran NFL-high 70% ins 10.

That was the game. Smart coach out thought the situation. As did his brother on that fake FG. Ultimately it cost one a Lombardi while the other was off the hook.

Well....the only positive is that Reed got his ring.

Great, the juice monkey murderer, horseface (aka Suggs) and the dirtiest player in the league (Pollard) get their rings.

Where were you today, football gods?? Where were you??:bricks::bricks:
51PnU3GiCQL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-49,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Flacco had a superb post-season. i'm happy for Ed Reed, that man deserves a ring most than anyone on that field, and **** bernard pollard lame ass SOB.

The niners lost on bad play calling they got 6 points on 3 redzone opportunities. I knew they had lost when Harbaugh actually called Sprint option right u know the famous Montana to Clark Play (the Catch) on 2nd down. He simply out thought himself like he'd get brownie points if an old legendary niner play would have won that game and if he doesn't call that timeout they score on 3rd down Kapernick (sp?) had 3 blockers out front with Pollard and Ray Lewis to beat.

FWIW

Jim Harbaugh declined to do a post game interview for CBS.

And so Shannon Sharpe was all over this, right?

Right?

(sound of crickets)

"Ray Lewis: 'It's simple when God is for you, who can be against you.'

I must have turned off my TV at this time and it's a good thing I did, because if I hadn't and I actually heard him say this I wouldn't have a TV now because I would have hurled something very heavy at it.

:bricks:

The niners lost on bad play calling they got 6 points on 3 redzone opportunities. I knew they had lost when Harbaugh actually called Sprint option right u know the famous Montana to Clark Play (the Catch) on 2nd down. He simply out thought himself like he'd get brownie points if an old legendary niner play would have won that game and if he doesn't call that timeout they score on 3rd down Kapernick (sp?) had 3 blockers out front with Pollard and Ray Lewis to beat.

Kapernick is not very good at the short 5-10 yard throws, and the ravens took away the run, so hence the niners had red zone problems.

Maybe Hobbs should have held Burress like Smith did Crabtree.

The problem, according to giants oc kevin gibride, was that every time the giants attempted to throw a slant to burress hobbs was there to make the play in the 07 regular season finale. It drove gilbride nuts and after watching film on hobbs from 07 it was clear to him that hobbs was guessing. If the pats were in man coverage and the giants called a slant hobbs would make the play, but if it were a fade hobbs was dead. So gilbride made an easy adjustment that if they call the same play in the SB, burress was going to fake like he's going inside and then do a fade pattern.

Flacco engineered SIX points in the 2nd half of this game...MVP?????

and yes, he is now a certified Eli replica authentic "TOP THREE!!!" QB and will be pimped unabashedly all off season leading into next season...I can see it now "The New Breed!!!!" ...led by MVPcco..surrounded by Kaepernik, Wlison,Matty Ice and RGB..on the cover of S.I....such is life...and such is the ongoing BUSINESS of NFL football, where the price of "entertainment" has never been higher or more profitable.

Jacoby Jones, on plays alone, is the MVP of this game

Wow you really are a joker or should I say HATER. Your not looking at the full picture. Pitta dropped a third down pass in San Fran territory AND rice fumbled which means less or no points. It's not joes fault that they scored less points. He'll Brady put up 0 points in the second half, but look at the turnovers we had.

It's the Super Bowl for f@ck sakes you think San Fran was gunna let them keep scoring at ease? Grow up, how many points have we put up in TOTAL in our recent superbowls, 17 and 14 with one of the "hottest offences"

Wow you really are a joker or should I say HATER. Your not looking at the full picture. Pitta dropped a third down pass in San Fran territory AND rice fumbled which means less or no points. It's not joes fault that they scored less points. He'll Brady put up 0 points in the second half, but look at the turnovers we had.

It's the Super Bowl for f@ck sakes you think San Fran was gunna let them keep scoring at ease? Grow up, how many points have we put up in TOTAL in our recent superbowls, 17 and 14 with one of the "hottest offences"

San Fran put as many points in this SB as the Pats put up in their last 2 combined.

WTF has that got to do with THIS Super Bowl? Kaepernik outplayed Flacco if you want to play the stats game..the kickoff return won this game for the Ravens....you can't use Brady who did not get ANY award as your lynchpin in any argument unless you are a friggin' mongo mutt with no clue...and FYI I'm old enough to buy alcohol and wise enough not to drink when I post...moron

Re: Strange but true: The last four Super Bowl winners......

The last four Super Bowl winners have played in the Eagles home opener

Strange but true: The last four Super Bowl winners have played in the Eagles home opener | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

And also,If i am not wrong, the last 4 SB winners have played the Pats at least once in that season.

Its not only that. Any team that has MADE the Superbowl has played the pats during the year 8 YEARS in a row... Streak would be 10 if you count the Superbowl as one of those games... (2003,2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes