PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price......

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphilip77

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I seriously don't know what to think about this kid anymore. First we hear about how BOB wants to feature him more in the offense, then he misses a few games with a hamstring issue. Now Tiquan Freaking Underwood is getting snaps over him! I didn't start this thread to bash on Price (in fact I want him to succeed), but it pisses me off when we go and use a 3rd Round Pick on a receiver and he ends up sitting on the bench for the better part of a year and a half (Tate) and then gets cut. Should we go in a different direction and draft/develop someone else in his place? Or will he get another chance and if so, will he seize the opportunity? What do you guys think?

Also, we need to do a better job of drafting/developing WRs. Branch and Welker aren't going to be around forever, and the more playing time that bum Ochostinco gets, the less we know about the young receivers we do have (Edelman and Price). Just give them a FREAKING CHANCE!!!!!!!!

UGH!!!!:mad:

I don't even know what to think of him anymore.

He wasn't on the injury report was he? I was astonished that we did not see him at all.

He wasn't on the injury report was he? I was astonished that we did not see him at all.

Yes he was. Limited all 3 days of practice this past week and questionable for the game.

There was no reason to deactivate him with 6 already out plus Mallett.

If anyone has any better reason why he was active but was literally the only active player to not play a snap despite the blowout, I'd love to hear it.

The first 2 wide receivers BB drafted were Deion Branch and David Givens...since those 2: Bethel Johnson, PK Sam, Chad Jackson, and Brandon Tate...

IMO Taylor Price has officially joined the second group. I'll be shocked if he's on the team next September.

doesn't look good for him. he will join b. johnson, tate, c. jackson as high round busts at WR.

Yes he was. Limited all 3 days of practice this past week and questionable for the game.

If anyone has any better reason why he was active but was literally the only active player to not play a snap despite the blowout, I'd love to hear it.

I guess this makes sense. Must be frustrating for him to see Tiquan Underwood playing over him in a game that he could be using to show his worth to the team.

It was very curious to see Underwood out there. I thought Price shouldve been out in LA this off season working with Brady. I'm starting to wonder if it's a desire thing with him. I hope not.

I could toss all the WR names in each draft yearly into paper slips in a hat and pull a better receiver out than Belichick has picked in recent years.

Thankfully it's only one of a few week points Belichick has in relation to football...no one is perfect.

Last edited:
Taylor Price: The "Michael Bishop" of Wide Recievers?

Who knows...we don't get to see the practices and maybe he just isn't grasping the plays and/or pass routes.

Your guess is as good as mine? :confused:

What a waste of a roster spot..just drop him..he will never play this year..underwood will see more playing time than this joke

Going into the game I was certain he would have a role. I can't believe Underwood played over him. Every time I have seen the kid on the field he has shown a lot of ability. Makes me wounder if there is somthing else going on with him. Injury? bad attitude? Lazy? I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
Going into the game I was certain he would have a role. I can't believe Underwood played over him. Every time I have seen the kid on the field he has shown a lot of ability. Makes me wounder if there is somthing else going on with him. Injury? bad attitude? Lazy? I guess time will tell.

How long have we been saying time will tell with this kid? Either way underwood is ahead of him right now...and in that case..drop price. He is useless. Won't ever be anything on this team

People always take about his great ability ect ect ect..i haven't seen **** from this kid

Last edited:
the-price-is-wrong-machinima.jpg

That's a reasonable explanation, but another reason could be that he's just not that good.

People always say that because they want to believe there is some secret weapon looked to be unveiled that will fill a glaring hole on the roster.

If it hasn't happened with this kid yet, it's not going to happen. This is football and a "lingering" hamstring is just another way of saying the kid can't hack it. It's confusing, because he did flash some nice skills in the couple of preseason games he played in. I'd bet it's a combination of things - which begs the question of why the h#ll did we draft him? When you spend a 3rd round pick on on a skill position and he never sees the field, it's time to start evaluating your evaluation process. All this bad drafting WILL catch up once the bandaid(Brady) retires.

i really dont know what to think about this situation but I am not going to worry about it until the offseason. In any drive that matters from here on out, the receivers will be Welker, Branch, Gronk and Hernandez. If they want a 3 wide set, it is better for them to send Hernandez out wide than play any of these unknown/unproductive receivers (Underwood, 85, Price, Slater). For some reason if they need a 5th guy running routes or if one of the TEs needs to block, they are better off letting Woodhead, Faulk or Edelmen shift out wide pre-snap and run the routes.

He's got to be hurt.

I'm staring to wonder as well.

That's a reasonable explanation, but another reason could be that he's just not that good.

Didn't stop anybody else from getting snaps. Surely Price needs those late-game snaps at WR more than Slater does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back