PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase on McFadden and Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring back Corey Dillon. He has always softened the D for LM.

Most people on this board wanted LM to start over CD last year.

You're right, what was I thinking? 3.2 ypc is simply a BRILLIANT string of performances over the past 3 games! Nevermind that he didn't get to even the 50 yards mark ONCE. I asked for 70 but clearly I was foolish to desire such godly production!

I have now seen the light! Tell me will Maroney average more than 3.2 YPC vs the Steelers? Oooh maybe he'll hit 3.5, then we should praise the heavens and dance in the streets??! :rolleyes: Will Maroney even reach 70 yards vs the Steelers? The Magic 8-ball says doubtful.

Listen, I realize you are mentally challenged, but Maroney got a 3.38 YPC against the best run defense in the league at the time. They had been allowing only 2.7 YPC going into that game. So, while you ignorantly knock him, you totally disrespect the opposing team and don't give them any credit. It shows how much of a FOOL you are.

Listen, I realize you are mentally challenged, but Maroney got a 3.38 YPC against the best run defense in the league at the time. They had been allowing only 2.7 YPC going into that game. So, while you ignorantly knock him, you totally disrespect the opposing team and don't give them any credit. It shows how much of a FOOL you are.

Huh the Ravens shut down Maroney on the ground. They did their job. Maroney didn't do his. There's no disrespect in that. You're really clutching at straws here. :D

You really should have your facts together before you ask questions because you look silly when someone else has the answers.

Maybe you can answer people's questions without coming off like a douche. When people criticize BB for putting starters on ST or defensive players on offense, what does he say? He says the players play football and he's trying to put them in the best position to win. The fact that Maroney isn't out there is pretty damning evidence.

Huh the Ravens shut down Maroney on the ground. They did their job. Maroney didn't do his. There's no disrespect in that. You're really clutching at straws here. :D

How do you figure that they shut down Maroney on the ground? EVERY run of his was for Positive yardage. 8 of 13 were for 4 yards or more.

You are the one clutching at straws..

Maybe you can answer people's questions without coming off like a douche. When people criticize BB for putting starters on ST or defensive players on offense, what does he say? He says the players play football and he's trying to put them in the best position to win. The fact that Maroney isn't out there is pretty damning evidence.

Here. Lets agree to this. I won't "act like a douche to you" if you get a friggin football education. How's that?

I mean, jesus, you put up questions where you clearly didn't have the answer and didn't know the results. Others do it and it doesn't support your stance. That makes you look pretty foolish.

Which starters are currently on the special teams units? I believe that Harrison is the only one regularly playing on special teams. Bruschi and Vrabel no longer play on it regularly, if at all.

The fact that Maroney isn't out there is only DAMNING if you want to ignore reality and facts. To those who don't ignore reality and facts, it makes sense.

Last edited:
nevermind this post

Last edited:
Hi Paul/Front Seven

I tried to fix the personal message but can't figure out how to do it? (there's a reason why I'm not in Med School!)
I'm stuck up in Canada (Toronto) for the next 6 weeks so I'm just not around. I live in San Pedro by the way. Work will be taking me to Havana in January so I will not be back in Belize until march or so.
I get the Johnny Rambo reference. Very clever!
I would have loved to head out to Cayo though. Don't get there enough.
How do I private message you?
Respects,

Rich

Wow, looks like I'm not the only one who has questioned Maroney's TOUGHNESS. Hmmmmmm. Looks like the thread I started was spot on!
You are bragging about being just like Tomase? I'd be taking a long shower trying to cleanse myself.

In the same article, the writer also talked about Chris Howie Long's as the #2. This was very intriguing. The head coach (Al Grorh) runs the Patriot's system and is a Belichick disciple. The scout in the article compares him to Vrabel (he also didn't like McFadden). He says he's the best Sr talent in the draft. Could slim down and play linebacker (6-4, 279).
This would give us a young, intelligent playmaker groomed from a BB coach that plays linebacker. What's not to like?

That's what I took from this article too. It's early, but if he is as good as advertised Long would be a terrific pick with position flexibility.

I also like that Howie is his dad, Howie is already admiring of BB and the Pats, having his son with Howie in the media would be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots