PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

U.S.A v England

:rofl::rofl::rofl: (You ARE kidding, aren't you?)

Nope. I don't think I've watched five minutes of soccer in my life. I'm not actually sure why I'm watching this to be honest.

Nope. I don't think I've watched five minutes of soccer in my life. I'm not actually sure why I'm watching this to be honest.

soccer is huge for your buddies in Gator land.

If you found the counting up from 00:00 business a challenge to understand, perhaps I can make a guess ... :eat2:

1-1

I'll take it.

If you found the counting up from 00:00 business a challenge to understand, perhaps I can make a guess ... :eat2:

It's not the counting up that was hard to understand, it's what the game was counting up to.

Anyway, I thought the English were supposed to slaughter the Americans. :confused:

It's not the counting up that was hard to understand, it's what the game was counting up to.

Anyway, I thought the English were supposed to slaughter the Americans. :confused:

They're still trying to get us since 1812.

That's why they play the games! And it's not the first good "underdog" result the U.S. have had in the World Cup.

:ukflag::eat3::americaflag:

Very Happy with the result no on to the fakers C's tomorrow...

States played well, they worked hard but England were sh!t, put bluntly. Our patterns of play were too predictable, our level of movement was poor and Capello had a few selection issues, mainly the selection of Milner and King. Lampard looked lost playing the central role a 4-4-2 demands and Rooney was a non entity until 70 mins. Everyone will blame Green but I look at the midfield. Dempsey lost Gerrard (I think it was) too easily and the shot should have never came in.

It goes back to what I always think about England, talents there but the application isn't.

Just got home from the Pub, can't believe that to be honest. I'd pay for Green's flight home myself if i could, hope he never wears the England shirt again. Still, we should easily win the next 2 games and finish top of the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
States played well, they worked hard but England were sh!t, put bluntly. Our patterns of play were too predictable, our level of movement was poor and Capello had a few selection issues, mainly the selection of Milner and King. Lampard looked lost playing the central role a 4-4-2 demands and Rooney was a non entity until 70 mins. Everyone will blame Green but I look at the midfield. Dempsey lost Gerrard (I think it was) too easily and the shot should have never came in.

It goes back to what I always think about England, talents there but the application isn't.

I always thought that Wright-Phillips was useless, but I assumed that Capello knew more than I did. Really? I thought he was easily the worst player on the team. His sole job was to sit out wide and beat his man when given the ball. Which he failed comprehensively to do. Complete waste of space so far as I could see ...

I really don't understand why SWP was picked ahead of Adam Johnson or Walcott, he's had a terrible season and isn't a very good footballer. He has little ability on the ball, to beat his man or put a decent cross in. All he has is a pace and he didn't even show that tonight.

Well, at least it wasn't just me ...

Well, at least it wasn't just me ...

I think the whole country groaned when SWP was picked instead of Walcott/Johnson, even Ian Wright didn't want him to go.

Shauns more comfortable on the right and I think he's a more accomplished player than Lennon. Still, even on the right Wright Phillips is more than capable of running into dead ends but the big picture is he's actualy one of Englands more threatening wingers. Walcott has had a terrible season Ross, I'd take Ashley Young and even Agbonlahor (striker I know but has experience on the right) over Theo.

Just got home from the Pub, can't believe that to be honest. I'd pay for Green's flight home myself if i could, hope he never wears the England shirt again. Still, we should easily win the next 2 games and finish top of the group.

I've been coaching my kids for like 20 years.

Always teach the goalies to square up behind the ball.

This guy is in the World Cup and he's playing goalie like a town recreational player.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back