PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
this.

Vince is overrated. Not that I want him missing any time. He's solid, just not the player many believe he is.

This is pretty much the height of stupidity right here.

this.

Vince is overrated. Not that I want him missing any time. He's solid, just not the player many believe he is.

A lot of folks still do not understand the 3-4 defense.... he has been solid.

Vince has been a stud this year. People forget Pats were playing without their starting DEs for a while, not to mention they traded one as well beginning of the season.

which ain't saying much.

I dont see how you can say that Vince is overrated. Look at what he has done for us this year. Hes played every postion on the DL, and has been forced to play in passing downs when he is normally in there just for running plays. What makes you say that hes overrated? He constantly demands double teams and makes everyone around him better.

you can tell how dominant Vince is when Adams replaces him (recently activated practice squad) with essentially no drop off.

Vince is a solid player,(as is Mike Wright) like I already said, but he's far from spectacular as some of you seem to think. He gets moved off the point far to much for my likeing.

you can tell how dominant Vince is when Adams replaces him (recently activated practice squad) with essentially no drop off.

Vince is a solid player,(as is Mike Wright) like I already said, but he's far from spectacular as some of you seem to think. He gets moved off the point far to much for my likeing.

So you're saying that Vince Wilfork has the same talent level as Mike Wright...:rolleyes:

I dont see how you can say that Vince is overrated. Look at what he has done for us this year. Hes played every postion on the DL, and has been forced to play in passing downs when he is normally in there just for running plays. What makes you say that hes overrated? He constantly demands double teams and makes everyone around him better.

overrated does'nt mean he's not good. Just not as good as some believe IMO.

This is pretty much the height of stupidity right here.

He's a poser, Kontra. Put any fat man in the middle where he is and you'd get the sane result. Sheesh.

So you're saying that Vince Wilfork has the same talent level as Mike Wright...:rolleyes:

Titus Adams replaced Vince today. Did you notice any real difference?

If Vince had'nt thrown a fit walking off the field I would'nt even have known.

You dont understand how valuble Vince is to the team even when he isnt making tackles, his presence on the field is still felt. If your basing your thoughts on Vince on a half of a game vs the Panthers then somethings wrong. The Pats did a nice job today on defense in containing the Panthers running game, minus one or 2 big plays.

Most of the rushing yards came after he left injured. As you apparently didn't notice that fact, feel free to read through the drive summary, noting the runs before and after he was injured. But why let facts cloud your judgment?

Last edited:
You dont understand how valuble Vince is to the team even when he isnt making tackles, his presence on the field is still felt. If your basing your thoughts on Vince on a half of a game vs the Panthers then somethings wrong. The Pats did a nice job today on defense in containing the Panthers running game, minus one or 2 big plays.

Um....yes I do. I'm baseing my thoughts on Vince on what I've seen over his entire carreer. I've seen every snap he's played since '04.

Um....yes I do. I'm baseing my thoughts on Vince on what I've seen over his entire carreer. I've seen every snap he's played since '04.

You thinking that Wilfork is overrated may be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on this board

When Vince was in there the running plays were going in one direction. When Vince was out of there they were running plays where the runner could choose inside or outside. Vince was having a very good game today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down