Wrecks yapping again

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-bills-are-closing-the-gap-with-the-patriots/

I used to think Wrecks was under orders by Woody Johnson to shoot his mouth off so the Jets would be noticed. Now, I'm not so sure, unless Pegula liked what he saw in Jersey and gave Wrecks similar marching orders.

It doesn't matter if there are grains of truth in what Wrecks is saying. It's the same old tired act. Shut up until you prove it on the field. Then if you do, shut up again and act like a man.

I used to think Wrecks was under orders by Woody Johnson to shoot his mouth off so the Jets would be noticed. Now, I'm not so sure, unless Pegula liked what he saw in Jersey and gave Wrecks similar marching orders.

It doesn't matter if there are grains of truth in what Wrecks is saying. It's the same old tired act. Shut up until you prove it on the field.
You know that old saying about an apple and a tree? It's genetic with the Ryan family.

Not sure why people assume he's going to be any different than his father.

Good defensive coordinator, terrible head coach.

Let's see... his father's traits

1) Good defensive coordinator .... check
2) Disdain for offense .... check
3) Got his players to play hard using gimmicks....check
4) Ignored the big picture while focusing on the defense....check
5) Claimed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread....check.
6) Deteriorated the overall strength of the team ....check

Yet, there's a faction that believe that Rex is somehow destined for Super Bowl success. There were lots who thought his father was too...

I would prefer he shoot off his mouth than prove it on the field.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-bills-are-closing-the-gap-with-the-patriots/

It doesn't matter if there are grains of truth in what Wrecks is saying. It's the same old tired act. Shut up until you prove it on the field. Then if you do, shut up again and act like a man.
Sorry tune, but this doesn't sound like the fog horn leg horn version of rexy from the jest.

"I think the conference really got stronger. If anything, it currently doesn’t look – if you can say winners and losers in free agency – obviously New England had to cut quite a few players. So obviously they don’t look as strong as they did. I certainly hope they’re not. They just got through winning the Super Bowl. But I believe the rest of the division really has got stronger. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. I truly believe that we got stronger.”

Rex really is obsessed with the Patriots and Bill Belichick. I think he went to Buffalo so that he could be in a state that abuts Massachusetts and tell his friends, "I live next to Bill Belichick!"

Sorry tune, but this doesn't sound like the fog horn leg horn version of rexy from the jest.

"I think the conference really got stronger. If anything, it currently doesn’t look – if you can say winners and losers in free agency – obviously New England had to cut quite a few players. So obviously they don’t look as strong as they did. I certainly hope they’re not. They just got through winning the Super Bowl. But I believe the rest of the division really has got stronger. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. I truly believe that we got stronger.”
You know he's just warming up. The fact he's out there commenting about the Pats getting weaker/division stronger at THIS stage of the off-season is stupid and accomplishes nothing other than calling attention to himself.

Yes.I didn't realise I had fallen into a coma and woken up in September....how depressing!

Back in the real world, in all likelihood, Bill isn't sat around fiddling whilst Foxboro burns.....Rex is as irritating as the Chicken Little's on here.

Everything he said is true. Today is March 15th. That is also true.

I'd still rather win games in January than "free agency."

Geez Tunie, you expected anything different just because his owner isn't "Family Black Sheep" Johnson anymore?

Rex is who he is. I find it great entertainment. He'll be lots more fun for us than Bowles or Philbin.

I wanted to be mad, but the quote doesn't sound so bad, honestly. Feels more like the media twisting his words a bit... I can't fault him for saying the entire division has gotten stronger, because it has.

Geez Tunie, you expected anything different just because his owner isn't "Family Black Sheep" Johnson anymore?

Rex is who he is. I find it great entertainment. He'll be lots more fun for us than Bowles or Philbin.
I think if you were to corner BB and ask him, he'd say that he likes Rex.

I'd love to have a beer with Rex. He'd be a blast.

“I feel pretty good about what we’ve added,” Ryan told Toronto’s SportsNet 590, via ESPN.com. “I think the conference really got stronger. If anything, it currently doesn’t look – if you can say winners and losers in free agency – obviously New England had to cut quite a few players. So obviously they don’t look as strong as they did. I certainly hope they’re not. They just got through winning the Super Bowl. But I believe the rest of the division really has got stronger. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. I truly believe that we got stronger.”
Exactly what did Ryan say that was out of line?
  • I feel pretty good about what we’ve added
  • New England had to cut quite a few players...obviously they don’t look as strong as they did
  • the rest of the division really has got stronger
  • I truly believe that we got stronger
NE
In: DE Jabaal Sheard, CB Chimdi Chekwa, WR Brandon Gibson, WR Kevin Dorsey
Out: CB Darrelle Revis, DT Vince Wilfork, CB Brandon Browner, LB Jonathan Casillas, RB Shane Vereen
NYJ
In: CB Darrelle Revis, CB Antonio Cromartie, CB Buster Skrine, OG James Carpenter, CB Curtis Brown, DE Ronald Talley
Out: RB Chris Johnson, WR Percy Harvin
Bills
In: FB Jerome Felton, QB Tyrod Taylor, OG Richie Incognito, WR Justin Brown
Out: RB C.J. Spiller, S Da’Norris Searcy, TE Lee Smith, TE Scott Chandler, LB Keith Rivers
Miami
In: DT Ndaumkong Suh, CB Brice McCain
Out: DT Jared Odrick, WR Brian Hartline, WR Brandon Gibson, CB Cortland Finnegan, DT Randy Starks, OL Nate Garner, OG Shelley Smith, LB Phillip Wheeler

Only the Jets improved more than the Bills and there is no doubt that New England is weaker and Miami with Suh is a better team. Rex didn't hold a press conference to announce this. The quote comes from being asked how tough the division is (~8:00). "Have you circled any games on the calendar?" "Oh yeah, absolutely -- both the New England games."

It's a good interview and you can listen to the whole thing here. He gives a nod to TFB when talking about his quarterback situation ("We don't have Tom Brady...") and recalls his youth in Toronto as a leafs fan. Did not want Revis.

Got to say it, the league is more fun with this giant blowhard in it.

After reading the article I laughed at the reference to bringing in a "potential starting QB" Matt Cassell.
Anytime you bring in a QB but the best way you can refer to him is as a potential starting QB, then you haven't really brought in a QB.

Nice sun rise this morning too.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back