PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 NEP 6th Round Pick - Joe Milton

Barth will be stoked with this one.

Wow! I love it.

Big arm qb with a absolute cannon
Just throws a beautiful go, post/corner, far-hash pass with unreal velocity and decent touch. Super delivery and release package that looks textbook at times for that specific QB. Placement is very inconsistent and thats being nice but he's a very aggressive QB (like Maye) And like Maye he's a very tough physical runner. Big boy that will get tough yards. He's a half field QB for the most part. Stick n shoot. Accuracy drops the more he moves. Locks on to targets and really doesn't gave good placement or accuracy at times but hes a gamer that will run through a wall for you. Has to work on his awareness but again he's a nice project.

I believe Zappe is gone. He still thinks he can start. Has that mentality. Milton is a project that you can work with. Definitely see a change there. Big arm exciting QBs that are very aggressive in all facets. Big change.

Well well well, my old friend Joe Milton. Definitely more upside than any GA QB (@UGAPatsfan ). In any case, he can throw the ball as far as a punter can boot it. Ridiculous (not even joking here) arm but inaccurate as all get out.

They just can't give up on him at QB. I get converting him, makes sense, his a big, tough kid with wheels, but that arm, man...

Definitely think we'll see what he can do in terms of different packages and looks. Possible hybrid but in terms of raw talent he's a nice piece of clay to work with.

Him and Maye are a definite reflection of what you look for in a "new" QB. Again I think Zappe is done and I was a fan.

@VJCPatriot you keep beating me by a minute:) I like the quicks

It sounds like you see him continuing on as a QB and not a TE conversion, then?

I’ll bet people are happy now. Love this pick. Great project to undertake.

@BaconGrundleCandy We gotta keep the mods on their toes with all the thread merging today! Quickest post in the West? LOL :haha:

Joe Milton III is an athletic freak. I guess Wolf wasn't kidding about 'weaponizing' the offense. We'll just have to see how he turns out but I have a feeling we will look to convert him to another position on offense like TE. And then maybe we'll use him on some gadget plays too like we used to do with Julian.

I’ll bet people are happy now. Love this pick. Great project to undertake.
Personally, I'm thrilled.

This team needed talent - this kid is talent personafied. Needs development at QB desperately.

Hmmm, I am confused. If they convert him to TE...aren't there better TE in this draft that you could pick up to fell that role?
I don't see the value using this pick on a QB as he is not better than QB2/3 Zappe/Maye.
This is not the stacked 2008 Pats who used a Round 7 conversion pick on JE11. This is flawed Pats team that needs help at virtually every position.

Dupe thread, please merge

We certainly went for anti-Mac types. Cannon arms. Hope it works!

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back