PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spencer Rattler, the Steal of the Draft

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Four or five years from now we can argue who’s the best QB of this draft. But I reckon ole Rattler will be in the mix.

Four or five years from now we can argue who’s the best QB of this draft. But I reckon ole Rattler will be in the mix.
The beauty of being a good team is that they can take a player like Rattler with an eye on the future.
Bad teams with multiple dire needs of upgrade don't do that; their GM and HC are on the hot seat to improve in 1-2 years or they are out.

And Rattler benefits by not being throw in right away. Like in the old days when a QB sat for a year or two. Gives he a chipon his shoulder, the Rattler 7?

Round 5, wow...Good value for NO

Yeah that was weird: 6 QBs chosen among the top 12, then nobody until...138 picks later!

Good for Saints and good for Rattler in that he doesn't have to start right away, unlike everyone else not named Penix.

QB1 at pick 150. Not bad Saints. And he’s going to be better than most of the QBs taken before him.

I watched some highlights and Rattler is rather impressive. He has a bit of Mahomes in him; he is good at evading the rush and throwing on the run, although he does not have elite accuracy. Some of the on-the-run throws will get him into trouble in the NFL, and he will get crushed in the NFL if he does not get down earlier in his run runs, but overall, a fine prospect.

I watched some highlights and Rattler is rather impressive. He has a bit of Mahomes in him; he is good at evading the rush and throwing on the run, although he does not have elite accuracy. Some of the on-the-run throws will get him into trouble in the NFL, and he will get crushed in the NFL if he does not get down earlier in his run runs, but overall, a fine prospect.

He's certainly a much, Much, MUCH better value where he was taken than Penix was where he was taken.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back