PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
you’re all really horny for Aiyuk
op bastards GIF

Washington has 2 second rounders, more ammunition to pull off the trade over NE.

Man I’d love to get one of McConkey, Coleman or Mitchell and also one of Paul or Suamataia. Fisher is a decent third option. I’d definitely flip their 5th and one of their two 6ths, or maybe add in a future 3rd, to move up into the mid 2nd and get one of each.

Wolf said in his press conference that they knew weeks ago that Daniels was going at 2, so they came to a consensus that Maye would be their pick a couple weeks ago and weren’t really fielding trade offers seriously.

They certainly did a good job hiding it. Most reports in the media said they didn’t even like Maye. Seems like Wolf already has his smokescreen game down…

I thought the early run on QBs would work in the Pats favor.

More QBs drafted in the 1st round = more OTs still available later.

Similar thoughts when the defensive players were being drafted in the middle of the 1st.

Saints, Bengals, Steelers, Packers and Cowboys - each and every one taking an OT screwed up that party.

I don't think the Bills will take an OT at #33, would they?

On the other hand I didn't think Buffalo would trade down twice and miss out on not one, but three WRs.

If Kingsley Suamataia is still there at #34, I say draft him.
If not, go WR at #34 (Mitchell/McConkey/Franklin/Wilson),
and hope for the best of Paul/Fisher/Amegadjie/Rosengarten at #68.

You're more likely going to get a better combo of OT at 34/WR at 68, than WR at 34/what's left as OT at 68.
There should still be McMillan/Burton/Washington/Wilson/Rice etc available at #68.
OTs by the third round? Not so much.

Man I’d love to get one of McConkey, Coleman or Mitchell and also one of Paul or Suamataia. Fisher is a decent third option. I’d definitely flip their 5th and one of their two 6ths, or maybe add in a future 3rd, to move up into the mid 2nd and get one of each.
If a trade doesn't materialize for a QB, I feel AD Mitchell in round 2 is a very high upside pick.

We're pretty much guaranteed one of those 3 top WR prospects at 34.

And then we can move up in the 3rd to get the best remaining OT like Fisher or Amagadjie.

I think Buffalo is going A. Mitchell or L. McConkey. Whoever is left of those 2 I hope we get.

Basically its pick 3 all over again with wr instead of qb / daniels vs maye. Both guys are well worth the spot and an area of extreme need. Simple choice unless we really like suamataia.

I don’t want Coleman. I’ve seen enough of the 50/50 jump ball guy with 4.6 speed who can’t separate.

Regarding pick #34, what's more important given our current staffing, WR or OT?

Wolf said in his press conference that they knew weeks ago that Daniels was going at 2, so they came to a consensus that Maye would be their pick a couple weeks ago and weren’t really fielding trade offers seriously.

They certainly did a good job hiding it. Most reports in the media said they didn’t even like Maye. Seems like Wolf already has his smokescreen game down…
It feels like Half of the job of a GM/Player of Personnel is to lie your face off before draft night. :haha:

Regarding pick #34, what's more important given our current staffing, WR or OT?
Most important is to secure a good player, regardless of position.
It turns out McConkey could be there, if he is there is nothing to think.

this is a very top heavy draft. I've read where there are about 70 fewer players who would normally be draft quality players NOT in this draft because they can make more money with less risk in college. I so I would GLADLY trade my 2 sixths and my 5th to move up to the lower 3rd or top of the 4th. Those 3rd day picks are likely to be UDFA types. It's not that you MIGHT not find a rare jewel that late, but very unlikely.

As for my hopes for tomorrow, I wouldn't hate it at all if we come out of Friday with a WR, TE or OT. Persall was my pick at 34, but I have concerns about hearing stuff about AMitchell's character. McConkey looks to me to be the safest pick at 34 or a small trade down.

It was said he was "uncoverable" at the senior bowl. They all want to label him a slot guy, but at 6' and 185 he's big enough to play outside. BTW he ran a 4.38 at the combine so he's more than just a "possession " receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes