PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 3rd Round Pick - OT Caeden Wallace

I think I also heard him say that Maye, Polk, and Wallace were 1-2-3 on the Patriots' draft board. Amazing!
I don't believe that. Maye at one, okay. The other two, while they may turn out okay, are tough to believe they were the Pats 2 & 3 three targets.

Feels weird that we addressed our three biggest needs with our first three picks.

I’m used to us dinking around and neglecting needs for ST value players.
And yet everyone is complaining. I’m not sure on Wallace, but it seems they picked guys who help set culture and fill needs. I think we should be a little more patient than 5 min. After the pick, but what do I know?

This organization is just not into LTs : )

Wolf’s Presser he said this is who they had targeted all along
Brought him in for a 30 visit
Says they will try him on the Left side

Wolf talking about him playing on the left:

They said similar about Strange. Maybe now they can finally try him at LT. Why not. LT is a tryout position for years now in NE..

Dont let the fact of rarely deep quality LT class disturb the process..

I have no problems with Offense - Offense and more Offense.

I dont know Nything, but they like him and think he can play lit. Let's go then

I just want to hear them own it. They clearly drafted for need and not necessarily best player available.

Feels weird that we addressed our three biggest needs with our first three picks.

I’m used to us dinking around and neglecting needs for ST value players.
Or trade down to take a defensive player nobody even heard of because a college coach he's buddies with likes how the kid always says "yes, sir."

Didn't see a thread for this pick yet so here he is. He's a big boy. 6'5, 314 lbs.
He's the "other" Penn State tackle who played opposite from Olu Fashanu.
View attachment 57817

Wallace put up decent athletic benchmarks with:
  • 40-Yard Dash: 5.15 seconds
  • 10-Yard Split: 1.74 seconds
  • Vertical Jump: 31″
  • Broad Jump: 9’8″
Have a look for yourself:

All22 Breakdown:

Scouting Report Link: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/caedan-wallace-draft-scouting-2024/

In the presser for the pick Mayo and Wolf gushed about him and their plans to move him to LT a position he hasn’t played before. Seems like the trend to do unconventional things didn’t stop with BB! Seriously hope for the best for the guy and that he can make that transition which will not be easy . Either way he was a major reach….(most analysts and scouting reports had him going in the 5th and I think Pats mismanaged things by not moving up and taking one of the best LTs and drafting this guy early as a “project”….We shall see

This organization is just not into LTs : )

They said similar about Strange. Maybe now they can finally try him at LT. Why not. LT is a tryout position for years now in NE..

Dont let the fact of rarely deep quality LT class disturb the process..
I'm not very excited either, just relaying what they said. And I agree that the whole "LT tryouts" bit is getting old.

I'll add that I don't recall the team talking this much about Strange as a LT, if they even mentioned it at all. This time Wolf has talked very specifically, and at some length, about them seeing Wallace as a LT.

Also this is miles better than wasting a high pick on yet another SS/LB hybrid.

So overall I like the intent, which is all I can judge.

Last edited:
Any OT that they take in the third was going to have a questionable projection as a starting caliber LT. Guys who are rock solid prospects there don't last that long. They're all available at that spot because of some troubling concern that you question if they can overcome.

With Wallace, they seem to think he has the tools to play LT but the projection is that he hasn't played there obviously. They seem to attribute that to him just being at a place that had a high 1st round pick at LT that boxed him out of the position.

IDK, I don't think it's this crazy idea others seem to think it is to try it. We all have our favorite prospects but we're lying to ourselves if we go too far hyping up the 9th or 10th OT of the class IMO. None of those guys are any sort of sure-fire projection. And it does seem like at least he's a guy who if he fails at LT he is an ok projection at RT. Some guys come in with "boom or bust" traits where if they correct some things they're a LT but if they don't they'll just flop altogether.

I'm still ok if he ends up at RT, Onwenu to RG (where he can be an all pro rather than just good), Sow to LG (college position), Strange as the heir apparent to Andrews. or maybe Strange/Sow just fight for LG and one of them stuck as odd man out.

Probably a reach but if he was really their target I’m fine with it. Can he play LT?

He sounds like he’ll be a great backup lineman who can backup multiple positions. We’ll have to get our future left tackle next year.
A backup at more than one position is worth the pick. We'll see if he is good enough to be our starting LT next year. But yes, we are likely to add a LT next year.

A backup at more than one position is worth the pick. We'll see if he is good enough to be our starting LT next year. But yes, we are likely to add a LT next year.

I was partially kidding, but a competent swing tackle who might even be able to fill in at guard is a solid third round pick.

I see this as a bridge year, so we’ll have another early first round pick again next year and still a lot of cap space to address left tackle and other positions.

I don't believe that. Maye at one, okay. The other two, while they may turn out okay, are tough to believe they were the Pats 2 & 3 three targets.

I guess we need the /s rule on Pats.com at this point. Really takes the fun out of it for those of us who love tongue in cheek though.

D ****ing Minus.

The ****ing OBVIOUS ****ing pick there should've been Yale LEFT ****ING TACKLE Kieran Amagadjie. PERIOD.
Don’t you want to reinvent the wheel and take a RT playing with an elite LT at a major college program and give him or her the chance to excel in the pros at the position they couldn’t earn in college?

It could work you know

I was partially kidding, but a competent swing tackle who might even be able to fill in at guard is a solid third round pick.

I see this as a bridge year, so we’ll have another early first round pick again next year and still a lot of cap space to address left tackle and other positions.
fair enough

Don’t you want to reinvent the wheel and take a RT playing with an elite LT at a major college program and give him or her the chance to excel in the pros at the position they couldn’t earn in college?

It could work you know
You could say everyone in this draft class other than Alt wouldn't have been able to earn the LT spot if playing on the same line as Fashanu.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back