PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

!@#$% A-Rod And FOX

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
There is a rule against clubs announcing manager hires until after the World Series, and rightfully so. MLB does not want anyone upstaging the game. So, in the eigth inning of the final game of the World Series, A-Rod takes it upon himself to announce he will opt out. Then, while the most important game of the season is going on, while the Red Sox are batting, all Joe Buck and partner can talk about is A-Rod's contract and his options. F...ck Them.

I look at this in a positive way....maybe now the sox FO will realize that he's a tool and not try and sign him. I have been fearing that they will because of Theo and Boras' love affair...but trying to take the focus off of the sox when they are about to win it all is classless. I loved it when Gammo ripped him on ESPN for doing it! :rocker:

I look at this in a positive way....maybe now the sox FO will realize that he's a tool and not try and sign him. I have been fearing that they will because of Theo and Boras' love affair...but trying to take the focus off of the sox when they are about to win it all is classless. I loved it when Gammo ripped him on ESPN for doing it! :rocker:

Thanks, hadn't seen Gammons. I've read countless articles today, watched many of the experts last nigth, and no one blinked. Thank you Peter Gammons: HOF.

Gotta love how this is going to backfire for him...

There's just a few teams able and willing to afford A-Rod's expected demand for $30 million a season for 10 years.

... and A-Rod just pissed off two of them last night.

There's no chance of him going back to the Yankees - only an extension would have allowed them to have the Rangers continue to subsidize a portion of his current salary, and since that's not happening he's not going back there.

The Red Sox meanwhile, if they'd forgotten incidences like "the slap" and other classless moments, got a nice reminder in the middle of the clinching game last night what they'd be paying a premium to bring in... not to mention a reminder that Dice-K has more post season RBI's than A-Rod does over the last few years.

So who else has the cash to pay him? The number of teams that can leverage enough marketing profit to afford $30 million a season is pretty low. The Mets might be one but A-Rod's probably worn out his welcome in NYC as a whole.

So when you take the Red Sox, Yankees and Mets out the equation, A-Rod's going to find that he might not have as many takers in free agency as he hoped.

Career Postseason stats:

GayRod

Games At Bats Runs Hits RBIs AVG.
25 9 3 9 24 7 .258

Dice K

Games At Bats Runs Hits RBIs AVG.
1 3 0 1 2 .333

any questions???

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes