PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

No I compared different grades or stages of an ailment to illustrate that not all ailments have equivalent healing time frames even if they have the same name. Read the posts more slowly to understand the message.
That's why I asked you becuase I'm trying to understand why you'd relate the 2.. I don't think I could read it any slower. But I get it.

No I compared different grades or stages of an ailment to illustrate that not all ailments have equivalent healing time frames even if they have the same name. Read the posts more slowly to understand the message.
It was a good comparison.

Derrick White doing Derrick White things

I don't know why, but Bam Adebayo seems to be getting away with a lot stuff in this series. He's also getting the calls down low. There were several plays where they called a touch foul on the C's and not even two plays later, let the Heat get away with the same thing. Those two 3rd quarter slams by DWhite were both obvious fouls on the Heat. They should have been called. I cannot figure what is afoul anymore. It certainly makes you wonder about the referees' motivation.

I don't know why, but Bam Adebayo seems to be getting away with a lot stuff in this series. He's also getting the calls down low. There were several plays where they called a touch foul on the C's and not even two plays later, let the Heat get away with the same thing. Those two 3rd quarter slams by DWhite were both obvious fouls on the Heat. They should have been called. I cannot figure what is afoul anymore. It certainly makes you wonder about the referees' motivation.
Refs have always allowed more contact in playoffs. It should be that way.
What's important is consistency within a game. Refs need to call the same plays the same way during a game for both teams. Players/ coaches are taking note early in games on how that particular crew is calling the game.
Teams will adjust their play based on this. What causes problems is when refs are not consistent within the same game with their calls.
Just like in baseball when players are learning what the home plate ump's strike zone is.
If it changes from game to game,no problem.
But gotta be consistent within the same damn game.

Two hours from tipoff. Anyone have a prediction?

I am thinking Celtics by 25. I am not exggerating, I was thinking 30 but scaled it back to 25. The Heat will start out strong, but if the Cs break their back early, the Heat will give up. Horford and Kornet will be fine replacing Porzingis.

It would be fun if Pritchard would go crazy, but he seems to hesitant in the playoffs :(.

I am thinking Celtics by 25. I am not exggerating, I was thinking 30 but scaled it back to 25. The Heat will start out strong, but if the Cs break their back early, the Heat will give up. Horford and Kornet will be fine replacing Porzingis.

It would be fun if Pritchard would go crazy, but he seems to hesitant in the playoffs :(.
For now yes. We will need KP in a week or two I think. Miami cuts the lead in the last 5 minutes…Celts win by 8.

For now yes. We will need KP in a week or two I think. Miami cuts the lead in the last 5 minutes…Celts win by 8.
Win by 8? WOW! I have win by 25.

You still have the Celtics by 8?

Teams are going to start fouling Brown a lot if this continues. 8-18 FTs this postseason. If these games were close Heat night be hack a Shaqing.

Agreed. Heat not really trying at this point.

Have to worry about Porzingis' health, Brown's free throw shooting, and Tatum's lack of output.
Good call tonight. Not worried about Tatum at all, he's been a monster on the boards and he's playing winning basketball

On the other hand the Heat is 3-27 right now from three, that's comic

Agreed. Heat not really trying at this point.

Have to worry about Porzingis' health, Brown's free throw shooting, and Tatum's lack of output.
JB had a good game but I agree the FTs are worse than I've ever seen them. It's in his head which is weird because otherwise he is a confident player. There will be some key ones we need from him in big spots.

At any rate its really nice to put the Heat in the rear view mirror, empathically. They've been a royal pain in the ass for us for years.

No glory for you!
You " scaled it back to 25".

Pat Riley:NBA is like Bill Polian:NFL

Very good records but such miserable self aggrandizing pricks that ending their season is always a bit sweeter than ending anyone else's. They’re not at the Shula level but may they wind up chained to rocks on the same mountain in Hell as him.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back