PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts-Bears is second most-watched game ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many points to address, where to start.

Five or ten people; nope, I own a business with a customer base of well over 1,000 clients and I chatted back and forth both via phone and email with about two thirds of them as most of them know I am a diehard Patriots fan. I could count on one hand the number who were pulling for the Colts.

Fact of the matter is despite what you think as a Colts fan, your QB is viewed as a whiny baby; how many shots over the years have we seen of his two hands to the helmet, eye roll after a bad play. Your GM, despite his track record in Buffalo and Carolina, is viewed as a complete horses behind (how ironic that he is the COLTS GM), someone who openly roots for his team in the press box (a no no in the NFL), bullies people and *****ed to the NFL to get rules changed to favor his team.

Unlike the Patriots of 2001, who were huge underdogs but a feel good story, your team was heavily favored, not much of a feel good story to be honest.

Your comment about Chicago being bigger than Indy; what does that have to do with anything. Do you think all the fans come from the city the team plays in. The Bears have a much bigger fan base around the country; when we played the Packers in the Super Bowl, Boston is MUCH larger than Green Bay, but there were far more Packers fans at the game than Patriots fans. So you are all wet with that arguement.

Finally, your comment that Manning kicked the Patriots ***** in the AFCCG; control yourself dude, ok. He played like horse**** for the first half, came out smoking in the third quarter and had the Patriots been able to convert on a third and four, ballgame, so don't get carried away.

Enjoy your win and come next September, it means squat. Every Patriots fan who keeps harping on "WE won three out of four"; that was two years ago, a lifetime in the NFL. Holds as much water as Yankee fans talking about 26 World Championships, Celtics fans talking about 16 Championships; it means SQUAT right here, right now................

I really don't care how many people rooted for the Colts bottom line is we won the game and thats all that matters, ok the comment about kicking the Pats ass was getting carried away but was aimed at the guy that made the Hillybilly joke which are very lame and I was trying to make a point,

I see every QB in the league that roll there eyes or throw gatorade buckets(Brady) when things don't go their way, so thats a mute point, what is Manning supposed to do? He is supposed to have a big smile on his face and be happy when things don't go his way? Im glad he shows emotion when things don't go his way, Brady does the same thing and their is nothing wrong with that...

Why is rooting for your NFL team in the press box a no no? I have never heard that before...your right he is viewed as a horses ass and I can't really argue with that..

The espn poll leading up to the Superbowl asked the country who they thought would win and the Colts were picked by an average margin of 2-1 in every state except for Illinois for obvious reasons...but I guess wanting a team to win and picking the team you expect to win are two different things so that might be a mute point..

anyhow I come here in peace, just want to talk a little football and really would like to stay away from all the name calling and hillbilly jokes...I respect the Pats as a team, doesn't mean I have to like them..I was very nervous going into the AFCCG, it seems like the Pats step up there game to a new level I have yet to see the Colts do in the Playoffs with the exception of Denver game twice and the KC game on the road...

Nice to be able to talk football with a fan from an opposing team instead of getting into a flame war and name calling Agreed that the hillbilly stuff is stupid, just like all the Jets/Dolphin fans who come here calling Brady gay; can't really pick on Jets fans as they are the laughing stock of the NFL, last trip to the big dance was 38 years ago, same deal with the Dolphins, still clinging to their perfect season like anyone gives two ****s.

The thing about the press box is it is full of reporters who are impartial and there is virtually no cheering going on in there, Polian is the exception and he rants/raves/yells/throws things/screams the whole time he is in there, pretty lame, the guy is a walking case of high blood pressure. Don't like bullies, never have and he is a total tool.

Congrats to you, it's a great feeling when your team wins a Super Bowl. I will never, ever forget the feeling after Adam booted the ball through vs the Rams. The next two wins were special too, but there is nothing like the first one, just like there is nothing like the first time you get laid and you crack your nut.

Hope you hang around here and talk football, unlike the other ******** Colts fan we are stuck with like gum on our shoe, Ryan the Colts fan (from Rhode Island no less)................

Aint nothing wrong with Rhode Island.

:)

Never said there was anything wrong with Rhode Island, just curious how someone who lives there ends up as a fycking Colts fan of all things.

Don't bother explaining as I could give two flying $hits what your halfassed reason is, just be happy you won the game, period.

Never said there was anything wrong with Rhode Island, just curious how someone who lives there ends up as a fycking Colts fan of all things.

Don't bother explaining as I could give two flying $hits what your halfassed reason is, just be happy you won the game, period.
hes a contrarian nothing more nothing less.he just wants to be different .he some how thinks thats cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back