PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Theo: Don't touch the prospects

I'd say Beckett's value then was about equivalent to Santana's today.

I couldn't disagree more. First, the Marlins were having a fire sale, that decreased Beckett's value right at the onset. Second, Beckett had never reached 200 innings, had been on the DL numerous times, and had only eclipsed 10 victories ONCE, and everything he achieved comes with the asterisk of playing in the NL.

Santana may be the best pitcher in baseball in the last 5 years. His trade value is infinitely higher than Beckett's. There's no comparison.

I couldn't disagree more. First, the Marlins were having a fire sale, that decreased Beckett's value right at the onset. Second, Beckett had never reached 200 innings, had been on the DL numerous times, and had only eclipsed 10 victories ONCE, and everything he achieved comes with the asterisk of playing in the NL.

Santana may be the best pitcher in baseball in the last 5 years. His trade value is infinitely higher than Beckett's. There's no comparison.

True, but not quite all telling. There was no asterick in Beckett's dominance in the World Series against the Yankees.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back