PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft a WR? Here's Plan "B"

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Cousins,
Started off the day with buttermilk biscuits heated with butter and boysenberry jam and then a small piece of "just out of the oven" blueberry "buckle" cake, OJ and Coffee with peppermint caramel sweetener. Now I am ready.

The Rams are rebuilding and selling. Snead said he would never trade Stafford, Donald or Copper Kupp. I am not buying it. He sold off Ramsey for a song and then they bailed on Allen Robinson.
The Rams would love a first round pick. They say they are not rebuilding.....but they are..

Here is what I propose:
I want to down trade still with the Seahawks so they can get a QB in the chamber to take over for Geno. I think they like Geno but are not sure.
  1. >So let's give the Hawks Levis at #14
  2. >We get their #20 and a their second rounder #52
  3. >We have to throw in #107 in the 4th to the Hawks.

O.K. ...
>now we trade #20 to the Rams and our 3rd round pick #76 plus a contingency 2024 pick of either a 4th or a 6th pending games played.
>The Rams give us one Cooper Douglas Kupp
>Plus their 2nd round pick #36.

This is a good deal for both Teams. Would Kupp help the rebuilding Rams in 2023? The Rams are no doubt looking for Stafford's replacement. How about Vol QB Hooker at pick #20? Gives the kid time to heal from ACL and learn under Stafford.I would still hope that DT Bresee from Clemson would be available at pick #36 and he might be, for us.

The 29 year old Kupp said he had a bad year with 75 catches for 812 yards and six touchdowns on the season? Bad?..........Ankle surgery on a play he was in, as the Rams were getting blown out seemed nonsensical and McVay admitted such.
  • $15M 2023 salary, $15M 2024 salary, $5M 2024 roster bonus fully guarantee 3/17/2023 (injury guaranteed at signing)
  • 2023 Roster Bonus: $5M (guaranteed, due 3/17/2023)
  • 2024 Roster Bonus: $5M (guarantees 3/17/2023)
  • 2025 Roster Bonus: $7.5M ($5M fully guarantees on the 3rd league day of 2024)
  • 2026 Roster Bonus: $5M (3rd league day of 2026
  • His base salary averages $15mm per year but his contract runs until 2026 when he is 34. We paid $11mm for JuJu?

• By 2026 that number might be cheap.
Here is your #1 WR a year younger than Moss and contracted for 4 more years. Plus we still pick up a hidden need of a young D Lineman to team up with Barmore.

Would ya?
DW Toys

I don't hate it.

Cousins,
Started off the day with buttermilk biscuits heated with butter and boysenberry jam and then a small piece of "just out of the oven" blueberry "buckle" cake, OJ and Coffee with peppermint caramel sweetener. Now I am ready.

The Rams are rebuilding and selling. Snead said he would never trade Stafford, Donald or Copper Kupp. I am not buying it. He sold off Ramsey for a song and then they bailed on Allen Robinson.
The Rams would love a first round pick. They say they are not rebuilding.....but they are..

Here is what I propose:
I want to down trade still with the Seahawks so they can get a QB in the chamber to take over for Geno. I think they like Geno but are not sure.
  1. >So let's give the Hawks Levis at #14
  2. >We get their #20 and a their second rounder #52
  3. >We have to throw in #107 in the 4th to the Hawks.

O.K. ...
>now we trade #20 to the Rams and our 3rd round pick #76 plus a contingency 2024 pick of either a 4th or a 6th pending games played.
>The Rams give us one Cooper Douglas Kupp
>Plus their 2nd round pick #36.

This is a good deal for both Teams. Would Kupp help the rebuilding Rams in 2023? The Rams are no doubt looking for Stafford's replacement. How about Vol QB Hooker at pick #20? Gives the kid time to heal from ACL and learn under Stafford.I would still hope that DT Bresee from Clemson would be available at pick #36 and he might be, for us.

The 29 year old Kupp said he had a bad year with 75 catches for 812 yards and six touchdowns on the season? Bad?..........Ankle surgery on a play he was in, as the Rams were getting blown out seemed nonsensical and McVay admitted such.
  • $15M 2023 salary, $15M 2024 salary, $5M 2024 roster bonus fully guarantee 3/17/2023 (injury guaranteed at signing)
  • 2023 Roster Bonus: $5M (guaranteed, due 3/17/2023)
  • 2024 Roster Bonus: $5M (guarantees 3/17/2023)
  • 2025 Roster Bonus: $7.5M ($5M fully guarantees on the 3rd league day of 2024)
  • 2026 Roster Bonus: $5M (3rd league day of 2026
  • His base salary averages $15mm per year but his contract runs until 2026 when he is 34. We paid $11mm for JuJu?

• By 2026 that number might be cheap.
Here is your #1 WR a year younger than Moss and contracted for 4 more years. Plus we still pick up a hidden need of a young D Lineman to team up with Barmore.

Would ya?
DW Toys
Didn't you hear Levis is going #2 possibly #1 overall wake up Cousins.

Buttermilk biscuit and a buckle cake....

A lot of carbs man....

But I like Cooper!

If we were contenders I’d be all in on getting Kupp, but we are rebuilding also.

Kupp is exactly the type of receiver Mac needs, especially with Meyers gone.

14, 76 & 107 plus a Day 3 pick next year for Kupp, 36 & 52... Hmmm...

No Way Do Not Want GIF

Agreed!!!! If something like that came to fruition would be excellent. Kupp and juju are YAC machines.. Henry and gisecki at TE. Rham out the backfield... I'm just envisioning Mac salivating over his matchups.

I proposed this a few months back. It probably makes the most sense for the Patriots' offense.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back