PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the reasons I hope they get Maye, I like the way he runs away from trouble and if he sees a lane he takes it for good yardage, it will be nice to have a QB like that.
Amen, I want the version compared to Herbert, Allen and Luck vs the Trubisky comparison.

He might be our last best chance to draft a Week 1 starter at #34... the others below him - Guyton, Paul, Amegadjie e.g. - look as if they might need a little more time to figure out the NFL LT business... Maybe this kid does too, he's still young after all...

Last edited:
Kalen King, Jaylen Simpson and Cooper DeJean are CBs who should convert to FS.
I think DeJean might go the same route of DMac. He can play corner but if that doesn’t work out then he can move to safety. I would try him at CB first as it’s a more valuable position. He’s very athletic but not extremely fluid for the position. He has good size as well so I’m curious to see him on the outside vs some big WR’s. Teams stopped throwing at him last year for good reason. He has above average ball skills. Would excel in a mostly zone defense. But yeah, I think he winds up at FS.

As it relates to the draft..

Kyles ranks Onwenu and Duggar as Quality Starters after Wolf just signed them to huge deals.

With his new deal, Onwenu now ranks No. 2 amongst left guards, No. 3 amongst right guards and No. 4 amongst right tackles league-wide in terms of compensation.

Duggar's AAV checks in sixth among safeties leaguewide.

Onwenu and Duggars deals rank them as 3rd and 6th in the league at their respective positions. Either Kyles or Wolf have their head up their head up their ***. Who signs players to contracts like that because they are Quality Starters?

Kyles ranks Onwenu and Duggar as Quality Starters after Wolf just signed them to huge deals.

With his new deal, Onwenu now ranks No. 2 amongst left guards, No. 3 amongst right guards and No. 4 amongst right tackles league-wide in terms of compensation.

Duggar's AAV checks in sixth among safeties leaguewide.

Onwenu and Duggars deals rank them as 3rd and 6th in the league at their respective positions. Either Kyles or Wolf have their head up their head up their ***. Who signs players to contracts like that because they are Quality Starters?
I thought Dugger was a overpay but they are trying to build a culture.

He might be our last best chance to draft a Week 1 starter at #34... the others below him - Guyton, Paul, Amegadjie e.g. - look as if they might need a little more time to figure out the NFL LT business... Maybe this kid does too, he's still young after all...

Pick the guy with the best lateral quickness for speed rushers and the strength to handle power moves. He’s there somewhere in the draft. Someone similar to Fautanu who has ideal traits for todays game. If a trade up could be had, I’d say go for it. Hope they ‘ve been doing the homework and identified someone worth while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents