PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GPS hack for out of towners

PatsfanTN

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok, I meant to do this earlier this year but forgot. Bear with me since I’m taking screenshots and trying to make this simple.
first thing, has to be an android phone/tablet.
download an app called “fake GPS”
next, go into “setting” and enable or open “Developer settings”
Scroll until you see select mock location app, choose fake gps
close out of settings and open Fake Gps. Use two fingers and scroll the map. Once you locate the US, find Boston and zoom in. Find a spot in Boston and then click the green play button bottom right side of the app. It will simply close on its own at that point.
to check your location, refresh a weather app or Google, your location. It should be the location of wherever you dropped that pin.

if it does, simply start up YouTube tv and choose a local channel. Should either ask you if you’re traveling or simply display that areas local channels. Find the game and shoot it to your roku or smarttv.

now I have had to go into the YouTube app after I watch local here and force stop the youtubetv app, clear “cache”, and restart. But works like a charm for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6950.jpeg
    IMG_6950.jpeg
    659.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6948.jpeg
    IMG_6948.jpeg
    465.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6949.jpeg
    IMG_6949.jpeg
    666 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6951.jpeg
    IMG_6951.jpeg
    774.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6953.jpeg
    IMG_6953.jpeg
    749.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Sorry about the blurry photos, posting this from my iPad while taking pictures of the android tablet lol.

edit: just a screenshot to show you what my tablet shows. Im sitting in TN, my tablet thinks it’s elsewhere lol

For those that can’t find developer options, here’s a link to unlock it How to Enable Developer Mode on Android.

i know this may look like a lot but it’s really not. Once it’s setup, it’s done.

Attachments

• IMG_6954.jpeg
    IMG_6954.jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This thread should get the "content worthy of reading" tag

Any tips on how to accomplish the same on iPhone?

Any tips on how to accomplish the same on iPhone?
Much harder and you have to “jailbreak” the iPhone. I have Apple everything, this is why I went to Best Buy and bought the cheapest android tablet they had.

Ok, I meant to do this earlier this year but forgot. Bear with me since I’m taking screenshots and trying to make this simple.
first thing, has to be an android phone/tablet.
download an app called “fake GPS”
next, go into “setting” and enable or open “Developer settings”
Scroll until you see select mock location app, choose fake gps
close out of settings and open Fake Gps. Use two fingers and scroll the map. Once you locate the US, find Boston and zoom in. Find a spot in Boston and then click the green play button bottom right side of the app. It will simply close on its own at that point.
to check your location, refresh a weather app or Google, your location. It should be the location of wherever you dropped that pin.

if it does, simply start up YouTube tv and choose a local channel. Should either ask you if you’re traveling or simply display that areas local channels. Find the game and shoot it to your roku or smarttv.

now I have had to go into the YouTube app after I watch local here and force stop the youtubetv app, clear “cache”, and restart. But works like a charm for me.
You can do the same by simply getting a VPN like Surfshark. It'll mock your location and trick Paramount+ into believing you're in a City where whatever local game you want to watch is shown. I was overseas a few weeks ago and was able to watch the Pats when they were on CBS.

You can do the same by simply getting a VPN like Surfshark. It'll mock your location and trick Paramount+ into believing you're in a City where whatever local game you want to watch is shown. I was overseas a few weeks ago and was able to watch the Pats when they were on CBS.
Yep, but you have to pay for a VPN right?

Yep, but you have to pay for a VPN right?
True but everyone should have a VPN anyway. Mine cost $60 for 2 years and unlimited devices. Of course your solution also works and it's cheap. Lol

True but everyone should have a VPN anyway. Mine cost $60 for 2 years and unlimited devices. Of course your solution also works and it's cheap. Lol
60 for two years is pretty good actually

Bump for this week's game... Is very german(e)

Last edited:
iPad, vpn, streaming site, roku tv works for me.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back