PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Patriots News Ads/Links at top of forum

A Defiant Goose

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
How much do I gotta pay so that I never see another Patriots news article from sites behind a pay wall? Nothing makes me wanna put my foot through my monitor quite like a "We're poor and need your money to read this article about a single tweet someone made :(" link. I'm in a bad mood. I don't care. Get boston.com the **** outta here

How much do I gotta pay so that I never see another Patriots news article from sites behind a pay wall? Nothing makes me wanna put my foot through my monitor quite like a "We're poor and need your money to read this article about a single tweet someone made :(" link. I'm in a bad mood. I don't care. Get boston.com the **** outta here
use firefox, avoid most paywalls... a button on the browser bar opens up a reader, which skirts most, not all, but most paywalls

APUcCfr.jpg

Boston.com isn't behind a paywall, but they do create a prompt if you use an ad-blocker. There is also the new reader function I think on Chrome that may bypass it, although I usually disable it for that one article and then click it back on again. I don't care about ads on reputable sites, I just worry about some of the other ones. So I don't mind toggling it as needed to read something if I don't feel like doing the workarounds that are required if the reader function doesn't work.

Just wish I didn’t have to be subjected to all of Masslive’s clickbait article headlines. “Former Patriots Pro Bowler may not play this weekend”, “New England legend has interesting thing to say about this Patriots QB”, “This McVay protege favored for new Patriots coordinator position”, etc.

Edit- I mean just look at this headline: “Former UMass QB expected to land coordinator job with NFL playoff team”

Give me a break (BTW it’s Liam Coen and he’s in the running for the Bucs OC, I didn’t click that article out of principle, just google searched the terms and saw the results)

Last edited:
Just wish I didn’t have to be subjected to all of Masslive’s clickbait article headlines. “Former Patriots Pro Bowler may not play this weekend”, “New England legend has interesting thing to say about this Patriots QB”, “This McVay protege favored for new Patriots coordinator position”, etc.

Edit- I mean just look at this headline: “Former UMass QB expected to land coordinator job with NFL playoff team”

Give me a break (BTW it’s Liam Coen and he’s in the running for the Bucs OC, I didn’t click that article out of principle, just google searched the terms and saw the results)
Yeah masslive is another culprit. Boston.com does put me behind a paywall--or if it isn't technically "paying" its something asking for my email. But that's when I'm browsing on my phone. Idk. I hate clickbait articles but I hate em even more when theyre stuck behind paywalls.

The New England area isn't as bad as some other metropolitan areas in regards to local media being behind a paywall. Over the last few weeks when attempting to find out more information on the then remaining playoff teams and perspectives from local writers, I was stopped over and over again by stories locked behind a paywall.

Regarding boston.com, I can read all of their articles for free - the only thing is that I have to X-out of a pop up ad for each story, wanting me to subscribe. Not sure why others here can't access their website.

Agree on MassLive.com and their clickbait headlines. Seems rather unprofessional.

Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back