PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumor Patriots rejected two major trade offers?

A report indicating the Patriots are potentially in the market for this player, or have expressed or plant to express interest.
Remember, if the Patriots did the trade with Minnesota (all things being equal), they could have picked up JJ McCarthy at 10 plus Brian Thomas/Troy Fautanu/Xavier Worthy at 17....and an extra first next year....and some other goodies the Vikings offered when the Patriots were on the clock. Holy Smokes, that would have been a good draft....

Now we have a titanic gamble on our hands. It could work out or be an epic failure for the ages. [Of course, if they made the trade and Maybe became the next Josh Allen we have another epic fail, but at least the Patriots would get two extra first round picks]

Picking the Big Name QB so early in the first round is something that a meddling owner would do. I am not saying that the Krafts forced this pick, but it seems a little suspicious.
What a putrid mix of stupidity, unproven assumptions and predictable negativity. You really love service up **** sandwiches while probably wondering why the vast majority of us don’t want to eat them. Congrats on being one of the worst posters here.

1714326008420.gif

What a putrid mix of stupidity, unproven assumptions and predictable negativity. You really love service up **** sandwiches while probably wondering why the vast majority of us don’t want to eat them. Congrats on being one of the worst posters here.

So how do you really feel?
:whistle:

Such a violent response seems unwarranted right now. Let's see how the season plays out this season. I have been wrong before, and I hope I am this time, but....

Trading back would have been the safe move, the move with the lowest floor, but maybe not the highest ceiling. Taking Maye at 3 when there was such a spectacular offer is on the table is a huge, risky gamble. At my age, I am risk adverse.

This is speculation on my parts based on some comments that RK made, but I suspect that the Krafts forced the draft team to take a QB at 3, come hell or high water.

This is the #3 overall pick beating out a UDFA who is on the fringes of the league. Not the #5 overall pick beating out a former #1 overall pick.

They didn't draft this kid at 3 to sit. Hell, MAC ****ING JONES started Week 1. I don't expect Maye to start week 1. But if we're week 15 and he's no closer to seeing the field, I think it's fair to raise a red flag.
The Pats didn't have anyone else so they started Jones. He did okay until he was coached by pig-headed buffoons.

This season the Pats have a backup QB who can play while Maye learns. How long that will take is anyone's guess.

Reactions: sb1
So how do you really feel?
:whistle:

Such a violent response seems unwarranted right now. Let's see how the season plays out this season. I have been wrong before, and I hope I am this time, but....

Trading back would have been the safe move, the move with the lowest floor, but maybe not the highest ceiling. Taking Maye at 3 when there was such a spectacular offer is on the table is a huge, risky gamble. At my age, I am risk adverse.

This is speculation on my parts based on some comments that RK made, but I suspect that the Krafts forced the draft team to take a QB at 3, come hell or high water.
Here's the real truth.

You're a fan of the team and you want them to do well, but you don't feel like you have to approve of every move they make. Being called out for a different opinion is actually "putrid stupidity" (whatever the hell that is). Since nobody here or anywhere else knows how these players will turn out then we can/should have differences.

I also would have preferred a move back for more picks because it's such a crap shoot and more chances is a good thing for our putrid offense. If Maye turns out to be a stud then it would make my opinion wrong. Big deal.

Remember, if the Patriots did the trade with Minnesota (all things being equal), they could have picked up JJ McCarthy at 10 plus Brian Thomas/Troy Fautanu/Xavier Worthy at 17....and an extra first next year....and some other goodies the Vikings offered when the Patriots were on the clock. Holy Smokes, that would have been a good draft....

Now we have a titanic gamble on our hands. It could work out or be an epic failure for the ages. [Of course, if they made the trade and Maybe became the next Josh Allen we have another epic fail, but at least the Patriots would get two extra first round picks]

Picking the Big Name QB so early in the first round is something that a meddling owner would do. I am not saying that the Krafts forced this pick, but it seems a little suspicious.
Reminds me of 'Draft Day' starring Kevin Costner...

Spencer Rattler going so late is what surprised me.
Must of been Character concerns.

If the Vagiants had given ass-urances that they wouldn't take Maye but this ****ing FO still refused the trade, then not only are they Clearly incompetent (just look at their ****ing Idiot day 2 picks) but they're also ****ing gutless ****ies as well.

Meet the New boss; same as the Old boss.
There was a report prior to the draft that Mayo objected to making a small trade down at #3 just to pick up another 3rd rd pick at the risk of losing their guy.

So if the Giants were really trying to move up to #3 for MHJ, there is no guarantee that the Cardinals being pissed off of losing their guy don't trade back with the Vikings at a discount of say just 11 and 23 to spite the Pats.

If you have your guy you don't get cute with the pick, just take your man.

The trade the Pats should have made is the one Vikings made with the Texans.

At pick #23 we could have a better WR or one the last remaining LT to solidify the Oline

Mike Reiss is saying the offer from the Vikings was

11, 23 and '25 1st
for
3 and (2) mid-round picks

No wonder why Wolf hung up the phone on them
Exactly. It wasn't some sweetheart of a deal. The Patriots would have moved back to 11, missing out on all the elite WRs and given up extra draft capital in this year's draft. That's not a slam dunk win. You also have to consider that the Vikings could get better which means their 1st rounder next year might also be in the 20's.

Let's consider what the Bills received in the Patrick Mahomes trade - #27 (Tre'Davious White CB), #91, and next year's 1st round pick #17 (Tremaine Edmunds). Doesn't look like a very appetizing return on that trade when you passed on the best QB in the league right now.

Even if Maye doesn't end up at Mahomes level and he's more like a Phillip Rivers or Joe Burrow, are you sad that you secured your franchise QB and passed on a couple of decent players? I'm thinking they did ok and the trade offer from Minnesota wasn't mind blowing.

Last edited:
Elliot Wolf after hearing the offer....

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back