PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some in Jayden Daniels' camp would reportedly ‘rather he not’ play for Patriots [Update: Daniels has refuted claim]

The fact that ANYONE believes any of this **** just stuns me. Any quotes? Anyone put a name to whatever BS is coming down? No. For all we know is some reporter who linked up suspect dots. Comes from a warm climate and played for 2 colleges in warm climates. Hey I'll create some content from this and idiot fans in the cold will get offended.

BTW- Anyone remember the LAST time is snowed in December in Foxboro more than an inch or two has a good memory. The biggest unfair weather advantage that CONSISTENTLY happens is when teams are sent to Florida during the first 8 weeks of the season.
The last home game against the Jets this season was in a snow storm, now with that said I know what you mean because before that game I couldn’t remember the last time I went to a game impacted by snow or cold.

IMO if playing in bad weather rain wind and snow bothers him at his age then no team should want him. It needs more discussion because he is a great choice otherwise.

The last home game against the Jets this season was in a snow storm, now with that said I know what you mean because before that game I couldn’t remember the last time I went to a game impacted by snow or cold.
I remember the Tennessee game and of course the snow bowl, so that's 3 over 23 years.

Yeah people piling on the kid need to realize he's probably not the one saying it.
It's the 100% Maye people spewing. I like Maye too but if Daniels reaches his potential he could be better than Lamar down the road.

In case there's posters older than me here (58), allow me to decode @BaconGrundleCandy's post above, where he posted a tweet. That's Jayden Daniels tweeting an emoji of a cap. Cap=Lie. Jayden is telling everyone that the rumor is not accurate.

:poop: this is not chocolate soft serve ice cream, my older brothers and sisters.
Help You Fox Tv GIF by Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back's 24 Hours to Hell and Back
I’m 47 and I still need this translation. Reminds me of this:

1709674291672.gif

Jayden Daniels won the Johnny Unitas Award, as well as every other major postseason award a QB cannon, and the Unitas Award is for leadership and Academic Achievement, and some here are saying they like Maye better because of “ his character.” That’s talking ****, period. They don’t like him so they are making **** up. Prospects can be evaluated and liked or disliked for a variety of valid reasons, but making **** like that up is just total garbage.
I actually thought he interviewed well... Was he as well-spoken as Caleb Williams? No, but that's not the most important thing. I can see him being a guy that players gravitate to. He projects a lot of confidence.

I actually thought he interviewed well... Was he as well-spoken as Caleb Williams? No, but that's not the most important thing. I can see him being a guy that players gravitate to. He projects a lot of confidence.

One of the things that I really liked about him was that the LSU defense was weak this year, and they apparently kept digging holes for the offense, and Daniels was the driving force in keeping them in those games and bringing them back, which to me shows his character within games, and that’s a quality you want to know from their college experience. It’s true that he had great skill players, and that obviously helped him, but he still demonstrated the kind of character and leadership you want in your QB, and honestly thats why I got kind of pissed off when his detractors here started calling his character into question, as that’s a strength for him, and not a weakness. And I call ******** on that because it’s making **** up in the same way it would be making **** up to say a QB with a strong arm has a weak arm, or saying that a WR that runs a 4.3 is slow. Critiquing prospects is fine, making **** up about them is ********. And Marvin Harrison had 20 plus years to disown his father, and he never did it, and that’s unforgivable in my book.

One of the things that I really liked about him was that the LSU defense was weak this year, and they apparently kept digging holes for the offense, and Daniels was the driving force in keeping them in those games and bringing them back, which to me shows his character within games, and that’s a quality you want to know from their college experience. It’s true that he had great skill players, and that obviously helped him, but he still demonstrated the kind of character and leadership you want in your QB, and honestly thats why I got kind of pissed off when his detractors here started calling his character into question, as that’s a strength for him, and not a weakness. And I call ******** on that because it’s making **** up in the same way it would be making **** up to say a QB with a strong arm has a weak arm, or saying that a WR that runs a 4.3 is slow. Critiquing prospects is fine, making **** up about them is ********. And Marvin Harrison had 20 plus years to disown his father, and he never did it, and that’s unforgivable in my book.
Curious...if you had your pick of any QB this year from the draft, which would you take?

His biggest weaknesses are hand size and arm size. The former is something that is typically a problem when you play in cold weather. I'm sure that is major consideration for people in his camp.

I'm still on the MHJ bandwagon at this point. Caleb is the star, Maye is the guy who could be the breakout. Daniels just feels like a very athletic one year wonder who will flame out imo.
IIRC jayden has the biggest hands of the top 3

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back