PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankees = A-holes

SmokeShowin

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
WTF? Sliding into secod with your spikes in a guys crotch. Isn't Shelley Duncan the same @$$bag that signed a kids ball "Red Sox Suck" last season?
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/ml...finally-became-a-real-MLB-franc?urn=mlb,71371

Yet I'm going to say that it wasn't until today's brawl with the Yankees in St. Petersburg that the Rays became a REAL, LIVE major league team.

Until Shelley Duncan slid into Akinori Iwamura with his spikes high, the Rays were just an afterthought ... a throwaway series on your team's pocket schedule.

And until Jonny Gomes came to Iwamura's defense by releasing his inner-Merriman and tackling Duncan, the Rays were a no-contest 30th out of 30 teams, a franchise that not even the locals took seriously

Last edited:
The entire team is full of f--k bags except Jeter.

Not that I'd ever defend the Yankees, but what started this was a Rays player running over the Yanks catcher (and breaking his wrist) in an earlier game. Girardi didn't think that kind of a play belonged in a spring training game (I'm not sure if I agree or not on this), and he was pissed afterward. Looks like Duncan wanted to be the hero..

It was just a rookie for the Rays trying to prove that he should make the team, and we all know coaches tell players to go hard all the time. I don't think they wanted him going that hard in ST, but as I said he was just trying to prove himself.

I don't have a problem with what either team has done.

Some dude on Tampa ran over Francisco Cervelli, a cather for the Yanks, a few days ago, and broke his wrist. The Yanks weren't to happy since it was a meaningless Spring Training game. In sticking up for a teammate, obviously Duncan did what he did. I guess when Trot Nixon tosses a bat at a pitcher, it's a different story. This is baseball. I think running a catcher over in ST is a bit much since the games don't matter, but that's baseball. At the same time, sticking up for your teammate is too.

The difference is running over a catcher is part of the game, putting your spikes in a guys crotch isn't. I understand it's ST, but as stated by patsfanofNC12 he was trying to prove himself. Should he have gone a little easier? Sure, but he is not obligated to. I can understand retribution for intentionally hitting a batter or something like that, but this was ridiculous.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back